Welcome to Gaia! ::

Party Member

Lightbulb_Crusader
I lol'd.
User Image

I didn't. American Apparel uses american-made products- vandalizing their property would be counter-active to our goals.

Party Member

David2074
Thanks for the info in the other post.
What's sort of sad is for all the effort you guys went to, as an outsider all I got out of it was,
"A bunch of occupy people and/or some folks upset about current immigration laws marched downtown and broke a bunch of s**t".

I don't even know if I agree or disagree with you because I don't know which specific things you are upset about and how you would propose to change them. I'm not saying you personally but the group as a whole. The situation drew attention but probably the wrong kind of attention and in kind of a 'general / murky / blurry' kind of way. I recognize the need for large protests so it doesn't come across as just 'some guy has an opinion' but it's unfortunate the event came off as more of an 'angry mob' than a bunch of thoughtful people presenting unified ideas. On the whole it pushed my opinion of the whole occupy thing more towards the negative even though I recognize probably most or all of the damage was done by less than 1% of the protesters.
User Image

You're welcome. And yes, that is the media's angle. User Image
My friend at the rally pointed out that while we all have a general goal in mind (change the way the country is run, in favour of the 99%), there isn't a single cohesive reason for this protest. We were organized, but not organized enough by far.

Party Member

Vampirate Kitsune
It really bothers me that the news media focused on the few people who weren't there to protest, just to loot and riot. And it bothers me even more that that's what people watch the news for: the entertainment. The majority wanted to speak out on an important issue but ended up ignored.
User Image

Especially when there were exciting things happening that didn't involve broken windows or spray paint.

cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine

Shy Sophomore

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Oh well. No surprises.

Party Member

Take Seven
Oh well. No surprises.
User Image

Meaning?

Onion Princess's Other Half

Witty Fatcat

Seattle is in a state of chaos right now. Violence has escalated through the roof right now with shootings, murders, and burglaries. The latest being a man who shot his wife, daughter, cat and dog, hid out in his bunker in the woods then shot himself. Now we can add violent protesters.

Party Member

[pia]
Seattle is in a state of chaos right now. Violence has escalated through the roof right now with shootings, murders, and burglaries. The latest being a man who shot his wife, daughter, cat and dog, hid out in his bunker in the woods then shot himself. Now we can add violent protesters.
User Image

Only the black block anarchists and the police were violent, actually. Not to mention Phoenix Jones' crew.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Congratulations world, this is where were at right now.

Party Member

Lynessa Windrunner
Congratulations world, this is where were at right now.
User Image

Vigilantes pepper-spraying protesters?

Well its a good way to protest plus it seems fun ... but idk if thats for immagrents or against so im gonna pretend i didnt just read the 1st paragraph and then stop Ouo
I would have been so pissed if someone shattered my car window.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff