Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Amor Vincit
Kai-Shan Valandria
Amor Vincit
Oh, you mean like the one token minority character? And I've never seen an openly gay superhero in a movie. There are tons of minority characters and a few LGBT characters made already, but they're ignored. No one really talks about Misty Knight or Northstar because they're just side characters. Asking for a worthwhile superhero who isn't white, straight, and male is not a crazy request. At least they're just now making a Black Panther movie.

Also, being representative is not taking "characters away from others." It must be nice to have that point of view because your represented regularly or at least semi-regularly.

Show your support for the side characters, if they are what you want. The more fan attention they get, the more they will be written into the story. It works all the time, over a variety of different media types. The movies suck anyway, and if you want openly gay characters, you go right ahead and write to the studio about it. Blog about it. Tweet, whatever.

No, the characters are being taken away and changed. Spiderman, Thor, Fantastic Four, Captain America...it goes on and on. They're adding the diversity you want by taking away what already exists and that I and many other enjoy. Some fans are okay with it, but I have a set vision of the characters, and it's jarring at best to see them suddenly completely changed. Canon is canon. I don't need my heroes to look like me or act like me or have all the same characteristics as me. I do need my fantasy story lines to make sense.

You need your fantasy story lines to make sense? It's fantasy; it inherently makes no sense. These characters don't actually exist so the authors have creative license to change them, especially if it's temporary. I didn't hear about people freaking out when they turned Thor into a frog and a lizard thing, but when they make Spider-Man and Captain America black or Thor a woman, all of a sudden there's outrage. At least they're still human.

And no, it's not taking anything away. Your precious white male characters will return to being white males, as they always do.

No, it's called a plot that makes sense. God, how insulting to those who write fantasy. No, the people controlling the artist's creations are making these sorts of decisions, all over some PC bullshit. No, Marvel has shown that they're not worth my time if they're going to cave to that sort of crap and destroy characters I've grown up with.
Little Dead Soldier
I just dont see a need to make another reboot? Honestly, Spiderman is like DC's Superman. Its frustrating for the viewers when the makers cant even make up their minds.

It's probably more so that he can be added to the Avengers and his Supervillians can be added to the cast of Avengers Supervillians. Plus there's the fact that with him comes other Superheroes like Spiderwoman.
This sucks because Andrew Garfield was a great Peter Parker. Better than Tobey who could barely talk over a mumble and wasn't believable as Spidey or Peter. Sony really didn't know what to do this time around. Instead of letting Webb do his own thing, they cared more about milking this series and making it's own universe like the MCU. Not for storys sake, but because of money. I would have loved Spidey to go over to Marvel (It's not been confirmed if the rights are going back to them or not), but not like this.
Sounds like Marvel and Sony are at loggerheads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff