Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Poster

GunsmithKitten
Pessimist
GunsmithKitten
Pessimist
zaptar13
Either way they would have reacted all of you would grill their a** for it. Let the man endanger his life. Neglectful uncaring police. Taze the man to prevent him from suffocating or burning to death or just generally put his life in danger, you'll say their out of line.

There's no winning.

Thank you.

This forum has a ridiculous hard-on for police hate in general. It's distressing when it comes through in sad situations like this.

Not my fault they make themselves easy to hate.

Or maybe the forum likes to leap to assumptions and hates authority figures. Based on what I've seen in these sorts of threads, I think my theory has more merit.

again, authority figures make themselves rather easy to hate when you have them doing things like this, trying to punish a kid for preventing another student from getting stabbed, trying to give a boy a 1 yr prison term over a T shirt, or sending SWAT teams into homes on a "drug raid" over home grown tomatoes, ect...I could go on...
The thi ngs you listed made sense those are clearly overblown reactions, doesn't make all of them that way though, unfortunately it's prevalent it would seem.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
He should sue them. He could get a lot of money for being unlawfully taser'd. It was technically his own property, and if there was a scene already there at the time, the fire department should have done their job and saved the child. The man, sure, maybe being held back from a blaze could be understood... but being a total p***y and using a taser on him is too far.

Feral Nymph

klebold
He should sue them. He could get a lot of money for being unlawfully taser'd. It was technically his own property, and if there was a scene already there at the time, the fire department should have done their job and saved the child. The man, sure, maybe being held back from a blaze could be understood... but being a total p***y and using a taser on him is too far.

So it's better to use up manpower that could better be used working on the fire to hold a struggling man back then temporarily putting the man out of commission and focusing on doing something about the fire?

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pessimist
klebold

So it's better to use up manpower that could better be used working on the fire to hold a struggling man back then temporarily putting the man out of commission and focusing on doing something about the fire?

Nope, it's better to let him save his son, and to use no manpower at all. With your logic, we should execute every criminal in the world, instead of using up "manpower" or taxpayer dollars and giving them fair trial, concur? Nice try kid.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Jin Love
None obviously, but who knows? He could of had a good chance of getting in there in time to save the son. It's a hell of a lot better than being told to do nothing.
Then it is a possibility, not a probability, and not necessarily even a strong possibility.

Sounds to me at the end there that a "pro" did get the baby out, otherwise the corpse probably would have burned to cinders. If they had let the father go in the infant's odds of living would have risen exponentially, even if the father's fell.
Or he might have died from burns/intense heat/smoke inhalation because he was not wearing the gear the pro had and the baby died anyway, and then the family might have sued the FD or cops.

And proved yet again that this is a litigious country.
LOL, now there's a poster spouting that he should sue for getting tasered.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Jin Love
None obviously, but who knows? He could of had a good chance of getting in there in time to save the son. It's a hell of a lot better than being told to do nothing.
Then it is a possibility, not a probability, and not necessarily even a strong possibility.

Sounds to me at the end there that a "pro" did get the baby out, otherwise the corpse probably would have burned to cinders. If they had let the father go in the infant's odds of living would have risen exponentially, even if the father's fell.
Or he might have died from burns/intense heat/smoke inhalation because he was not wearing the gear the pro had and the baby died anyway, and then the family might have sued the FD or cops.

And proved yet again that this is a litigious country.
LOL, now there's a poster spouting that he should sue for getting tasered.

s**t just got real. D:

Feral Nymph

klebold
Pessimist
klebold

Nope, it's better to let him save his son, and to use no manpower at all. With your logic, we should execute every criminal in the world, instead of using up "manpower" or taxpayer dollars and giving them fair trial, concur? Nice try kid.

So when you don't have a relevant response, you resort to bizarre comparisons and being condescending? Nice try, kid.

Letting him go run into the fire means he is now in the way of the fire fighters trying to do their jobs, and will probably get himself seriously injured as he is not protected like the fire fighters are. So he ends up being a second casualty, and you all blame the police for not stopping him.
Pessimist
klebold
Pessimist
klebold

So when you don't have a relevant response, you resort to bizarre comparisons and being condescending? Nice try, kid.

Letting him go run into the fire means he is now in the way of the fire fighters trying to do their jobs, and will probably get himself seriously injured as he is not protected like the fire fighters are. So he ends up being a second casualty, and you all blame the police for not stopping him.

I wouldn't go as far as this guy did but 'temporarily put out of commission' does sound harsh. Although you can do even that without the use of much physical force. It's not rocket science, and it's less risky than dealing with a device where some people have gone into cardiac arrest after having been hit by it.

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
Cop actions like that make me RAGE... I'm not even a father and I would take a few 2nd and 3rd degree burns to save a child from a burning building. Anybody that got in my way would get knocked down and stomped regardless of their rank. (though the stomped part won't occur to a woman)

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pessimist
klebold
Pessimist
klebold

It's easy to think of it that way when you only have half a brain.

No, that's not how it would have played out. The story would have been bigger, and the public would have hailed him an attempted hero. A tragic story of love, you know, the thing you need to discover some day. I hope one day you understand what it means to care about anybody or anything. That's not my version of this story that could have taken so many different turns, no, I would like to have seen a rescue. If you were a parent, you would have reacted the same way if people were preventing you from saving your own child. Again, it's easy to speculate from behind that computer, because you've never cared about anyone before. Tonight, just dream about being inside that burning house, and watching police hold back the only chance at prolonging your melting life.

And be careful who you side with. I'm getting sick of stories about police brutality. Eventually, we all will.

Sugary Cat

The man would go inside the house, trying to rescue his son and would die - complaining because the police didn't do anything against it.
The man wouldn't go inside the house, bescause the police stopped him - complaining because the police didn't let him save his son.

There's anyway something to complain about.

Feral Nymph

klebold
Pessimist
klebold
Pessimist
klebold

It's easy to think of it that way when you only have half a brain.

No, that's not how it would have played out. The story would have been bigger, and the public would have hailed him an attempted hero. A tragic story of love, you know, the thing you need to discover some day. I hope one day you understand what it means to care about anybody or anything. That's not my version of this story that could have taken so many different turns, no, I would like to have seen a rescue. If you were a parent, you would have reacted the same way if people were preventing you from saving your own child. Again, it's easy to speculate from behind that computer, because you've never cared about anyone before. Tonight, just dream about being inside that burning house, and watching police hold back the only chance at prolonging your melting life.

And be careful who you side with. I'm getting sick of stories about police brutality. Eventually, we all will.

So you're just insulting me and making up fictional stories about what could have happened. Go write your stories elsewhere and leave me out of it.

I did dream about grocery shopping. :3

Liberal Cutie-Pie

11,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I hate this government. stare
So, so much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff