Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Coach Arrested in Alleged Sexual Assault of 15-Year-Old Girl

A Levittown youth sports coach has been arrested and charged with the sexual assault of a teenage. Police believe more victims may come forward.

A 34-year-old Falls Township man is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl that was friends with his daughter and a player on a softball team he coached.

Kevin Jones of Fairless Hills was arrested on charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a minor, aggravated assault on a minor, statutory sexual assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor. He is currently being held on $2 million bail, Lt. Hank Ward said.

Jones coached for the Levittown American and Levittown Bulldogs girls softball teams, Ward said. Police fear there may be more victims.

According to a criminal complaint filed Monday night, the 34-year-old began the alleged sexual relationship when the girl was just 14 years old.

Police investigation found that the two had exchanged over 1,400 text messages since 2011. Additional messages were exchanged through Facebook.

The two would tell “each other that they love each other hundreds of times, each of which is accentuated by graphics, and contains exaggerated language such as I love you more than anything else in life," the affidavit states.

Photos of the two “posing together as a couple” were found during an audit of the victim’s cell phone, police said.

According to the affidavit, police discovered that Jones routinely identified himself as the victim’s father via Facebook’s private message system. He also said she is the only man she needs, threatened to “kill” any boy that she has interest in and asked her to stay in his room overnight during softball tournaments.

The victim's mother was made aware of the supposed relationship earlier this month. The victim told her sister and mother that she was having a "sexual relationship" with Jones, court records state.

The victim told police the illegal affair began when Jones began "flirting" with the young girl. The girl told police the suspect called her "babydoll."

The victim told investigators she had her first "physical contact," which was a kiss, with her softball coach when Jones drove her home after she spent the evening with the suspect's similarly-aged daughter, the affidavit said.

In the days follow the kiss, the affidavit says, the relationship progressed from kissing to groping. From there, the two engaged in a consensual sexual relationship, which included oral, vaginal and a**l sex. The victim told police the acts mostly occurred in the bed of Jones’ Hoover Drive mobile home and no drugs or alcohol were involved.

Just before meeting with police on Wednesday, January 9, the victim texted Jones’ and said, “ I’m sorry Kevin, i love you.” She added, “ I ruined your life, I’m so terribly sorry.”

“Who knows,” Kevin replied.

The criminal affidavit does not indicate whether the girl answered.

"Run, my mom knows,” was the message she sent Jones on Friday, January 11. The suspect said he showed his wife and was not clear what the message meant and contacted a lawyer.

In the days following police interviews on the alleged sexual abuse, the girl sent more than a dozen private Facebook messages telling the 34-year-old married father of two saying that she was “sorry,” “lost right now” and still loved him, court documents said.

Jones told police in an interview with detectives that he would “play fight” with the girl, but she was “like a daughter” to him. He said he “hugged and kissed” the victim in front of her mother and added they both often said they love each other, the affidavit said.

Just hours before police were set to execute a search warrant on Jones mobile home in the 100 block of Hoover Road, it burned to the ground in an early morning blaze.

The fire destroyed everything, including bedding, computers and cellphones that police wanted to collect as evidence.

Fire officials said the cause of the fire remains under investigation. However, it appears the fire started with the dryer unit.

Police ask anyone with more information to contact them at 215-949-9100.

6,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The fire started by accident my a**,he didn't want any evidence found in the house.
Sounds like love to me.

Adored Sweetheart

They may say "Victim" here but doesn't feel it to me.
But I do call bullshit on the fire just happening.
I know I'm meant to feel like the guy is scum, and I'm meant to say poor girl for... sexual abuse? But come on, this was consensual love. There's nothing there to indicate it was abusive. It's creepy, and weird, but I'd respect their decision

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Are we supposed to feel sorry for this girl? It was obviously consensual, so she shouldn't be labelled a victim anymore than the predator is.

But I do agree that he shouldn't have done it and call bullshit on the 'accidental' fire.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
If he truely loved her he would of left her alone till she was 18.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I wonder what made the girl finally tell her sister & mother. Was she wanting help or was did she think she was telling them about her wonderful long term relationship (with a married man)?

It's also hard to think the guy's wife didn't have a clue. One wonders if maybe she tolerated it because that took the attention off their own daughter.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
xdivision_whitey

yum_tea ^This. It's disturbing and disgusting how many of you are willing to overlook the sexual exploitation of a child. This girl did not have the mental or emotional maturity to understand the nuances or potential consequences of a sexual relationship, and furthermore this man was in a position of authority over the girl which he clearly abused.

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sweet Peppermint Tea
xdivision_whitey

yum_tea ^This. It's disturbing and disgusting how many of you are willing to overlook the sexual exploitation of a child. This girl did not have the mental or emotional maturity to understand the nuances or potential consequences of a sexual relationship, and furthermore this man was in a position of authority over the girl which he clearly abused.

I agree that it's disgusting and the man should have known better (being grown, married, and fathered and all) but the girl was 15, a teenager. At that age you have all kinds of schools that send people for assemblies to warn children about sex, drugs, smoking, etc.
She should have known better.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Snowy One Piece Lover
Sweet Peppermint Tea
xdivision_whitey

I agree that it's disgusting and the man should have known better (being grown, married, and fathered and all) but the girl was 15, a teenager. At that age you have all kinds of schools that send people for assemblies to warn children about sex, drugs, smoking, etc.
She should have known better.

yum_tea Kids that age can be lectured on all sorts of things: the consequences of sex, of doing drugs, of texting while driving. They always think that they're somehow exempt from that sort of thing, though; they never really believe anything bad will happen to them until it actually does. They simply do not have the mental and emotional maturity to realize that they are not invincible.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Sweet Peppermint Tea
xdivision_whitey

What makes me squick is that she's a close friend of his own daughter, and he insisted that she call him "daddy". Incest substitute anyone?

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Vampirate Kitsune
Sweet Peppermint Tea
xdivision_whitey

What makes me squick is that she's a close friend of his own daughter, and he insisted that she call him "daddy". Incest substitute anyone?

yum_tea I know, I thought that was pretty gross, too. D=
xdivision_whitey

Wasn't the guy in his mid fourties? Even her hitting 18 would still be disgusting and wrong! She may be a teenager by law but not mentally or physically, plus he was already married.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff