Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Guildswoman

Were these tame or wild roaches? If recently gathered, they might very well have been toxic, people DO poison roaches. Strange news, this...

Unbeatable Hunter

8,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
omg that is disgusting and totally gross burning_eyes

Hygienic Smoker

Die, Roaches, Die.
emotion_omnomnom

Liberal Dabbler

jellykans
Were these tame or wild roaches? If recently gathered, they might very well have been toxic, people DO poison roaches. Strange news, this...

There's no way they were wild. The people running that contest can't be that thoughtless.

Liberal Dabbler

Not to mention, this all took place in a pet store. Of all the places to eat roaches, a pet store..

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Is the python okay?

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

I always think that hosts of said contests should be held liable for not doing medical research or contacting a physician first about the contest.
I say this because of a radio station contest "hold your wee for a wii" which resulted in the death of a lady, the winner, for holding it too long.

10,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
That is just stupid to eat roaches over a chance to win a python.

Greedy Receiver

It’s likely he was allergic to whatever minerals and vitamins they were gut-loading the roaches with. Reptile shops, reptile enthusiasts, breeders and the like gut-load their insects to guarantee the best diet for their animals (reptiles, rodents, fish, et cetera). The process includes feeding an enriched diet of mineral and vitamins supplements. If the man had a deficiency or a vitamin sensitivity (like a bunch of people cannot consume great amount of vitamin A without serious illness) then eating a s**t-ton of gut-loaded roaches would have definitely done him in.

It’s no fault of the reptile shop. They shouldn’t be sued or charged with anything if anyone suggests otherwise.

Greedy Receiver

Princess Diamond Dust
That is just stupid to eat roaches over a chance to win a python.

Well-bred pythons from a professional business are expensive. Some close to a grand's worth in cold, hard cash. I would gladly eat roaches to win a free python from a well-respected establishment.

Greedy Receiver

Cherni
I always think that hosts of said contests should be held liable for not doing medical research or contacting a physician first about the contest.
I say this because of a radio station contest "hold your wee for a wii" which resulted in the death of a lady, the winner, for holding it too long.

In this case, I do not agree. It was likely the man had a vitamin A sensitivity, or complication, and eating a s**t-ton of gut-loaded roaches would have easily killed him. This is something that man should have been aware of about his own body or done research himself on the process of gut-loaded roaches. It's no fault of the shop.

Greedy Receiver

ThugMoose
Not to mention, this all took place in a pet store. Of all the places to eat roaches, a pet store..

Where else would it have taken place? Reptile shops, pet shops, and the like hold their own insects and gut-load them themselves. So they likely had their stock right in their shop. I don't understand your skepticism here.

Liberal Dabbler

Eisefin
ThugMoose

Where else would it have taken place? Reptile shops, pet shops, and the like hold their own insects and gut-load them themselves. So they likely had their stock right in their shop. I don't understand your skepticism here.

Oh, I'm sure they had the stock for that kind of thing, but to me.. if I'm ever going to eat any kind of bug it's probably going to be somewhere where they are on display for the main purpose of consumption.. not where they're in glass tanks to be sold as pets.

Greedy Receiver

ThugMoose
Eisefin
ThugMoose

Oh, I'm sure they had the stock for that kind of thing, but to me.. if I'm ever going to eat any kind of bug it's probably going to be somewhere where they are on display for the main purpose of consumption.. not where they're in glass tanks to be sold as pets.

Those "pet" roaches are also feeder roaches. Likewise with the goldfish, rats, mice, and crickets. They're displayed as pets and feeders.

Familiar Fatcat

Oh, God - why?

D'<
That's beyond disgusting. Sad, and at the same time, it makes my stomach lurch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff