Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Bard

13,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Quote:
In his battle against leukemia, five-year-old Miles finds inspiration in the strength of superheroes -- Batman, in particular. Next month, all of San Francisco is getting in on a stunt that enlists Miles’ help to save the city.

On November 15, the Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation is turning San Francisco into Gotham City, and when trouble strikes that morning, the city’s police chief will call upon Miles -- aka Batkid -- to leap into action for a day of noble crime-fighting around town.

His first act of duty will be rescuing a damsel in distress from the cable car tracks in Nob Hill, followed by arresting the Puzzler for robbing a downtown vault. Miles will then refuel at Burger Bar directly above Union Square, but mid-lunch, he’ll get a call from the police chief directing him to look out the window. He’ll see a group of volunteers crying out for his help to save San Francisco Giants mascot, Lou Seal, who’s been kidnapped by Mr. Penguin in a convertible getaway car.

In a wild chase, Miles will free Lou Seal at AT&T Park and head to City Hall, where Mayor Ed Lee will thank him for his heroism and hand him the key to the city. Hundreds of adoring San Franciscans will be there to cheer -- and most likely hold back tears.

Fans of Batman and all things utterly heartwarming are encouraged to watch and thank Batboy in action, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation has listed the times and locations at which Miles can be spotted in his acts of fearlessness.

To the Huff Post, Robin!

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

D'aw,hope he has fun.x3

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Holy re-enactment, Batman! We've got a plane to catch!

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That's pretty awesome! Be sure he does not eat nachos.
I hope I'm in SF on that day that sounds adorable 3nodding

Friendly Giver

18,675 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
A very cute and awesome idea

Loyal Exhibitionist

Aww, how sweet! emotion_bigheart

I hope he has tons of fun!
That's a sweet story!!
Yeah, I was reading about this... as an SF resident, I'm planning to see this go on that day and give my support! =D

Hilarious Lunatic

I'm touched. emotion_kirakira

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
That is utterly heart warming! crying I hope he has tons of fun.

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
OMG this is so awesome!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash