Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
6-Year-Old Boy Has Neck Cut By Mother, Falls on Ground; Upon Seeing Her About to Kill Herself, Endures Pain and Wrestles Knife Away

Quote:
On the morning of June 5, a Jiaxing city Haining county netizen reported that a mother prepared to commit suicide after slashing her son’s neck only to have the perceptive son, in order to save his mother, ignore his own injury, get up, and try to wrestle the knife away from his mother. During the struggle for the knife, the son’s hands were cut by the sharp knife. Perhaps as a result of love reawakening reason, the mother subsequently called the police.

At present, after emergency medical treatment and surgery, both mother and son are out of life-threatening danger.

Call in the Morning to Ex-Husband: “I’m Dying, And Your Son’s Already Dead”

After this Zhejiang Online reporter gathered information from the Haining police and hospital, it was roughly understood that the mother is surnamed Zhan, is 34 years old, and from Chunan.

Zhan’s temper is very poor, and often had fights with ex-husband Shi and his family members over minor family issues, even shouting threats to kill herself by jumping off the building or writing giant words on their apartment’s walls. If 6-year-old son Xiao Yu didn’t do things her way, she would hit him with a stick.

As a result of the couple not getting along, Zhan and her ex-husband divorced in 2010, with custody of the son given to the husband. Before the divorce, Zhan worked in a Haining factory. After the divorce, Zhan didn’t leave her ex-husband’s home, but instead made a place for herself to sleep and continued to live there for half a year.

In April of this year, Zhan once again returned to her ex-husband’s place, made a place for herself to sleep in the car shed, and lived there for a while. Her son Xiao Yu would live there with her sometimes.

Yesterday [June 4], after yet another trifle, Zhan had an argument with her mother-in-law, and in her anger, she went to the kindergarten, picked up and left with her son.

It was only when Shi went to pick up his child that he found out from the teacher that his son had been picked up by the mother. He called Zhan but could not get through. Given that there had been incidents before where Zhan had taken their son out without returning the entire night, even leaving for as long as over 20 days without returning home, the family did not think much of it at the time.

Until this morning [June 5], when Zhan called and said something to the effect of “I’m dying, and your son is already dead”. Shi has said such angry and spiteful words before, so Shi ignored her and hung up the phone.

Then Zhan called her father-in-law, and her father-in-law also paid her no attention.

It wasn’t until Shi received another call from Zhan and could hear the sound of an ambulance from the other end that he realized that something bad happened. At the time, he just thought it was his ex-wife having attempted suicide, but never in his dreams would he have thought she might lay her hands on their child. Until he rushed to the hospital, saw his son lying on the stretcher, neck covered with blood, where he stood in shock.

The Son Has Already Regained Consciousness; In Good Mental State and No Serious Harm

Today [June 5], Xiaoyu was supposed to go to his kindergarten to take a class graduation photo. At a little past 5:00 in the morning, Zhan took her son to Dongshan Park, and used a 20-30 centimeter long fruit knife making a cut on Xiao Yu’s neck. Scared and frightened, Xiao Yu fell to the ground in pain, fresh blood flowing. As Zhan prepared to use the knife to cut her own neck, Xiao Yu struggled to yell, “Mom, don’t”, reaching out with his small hand trying to wrest away the knife in his mother’s hand, and during the struggle, Xiao Yu’s hand was also cut and wounded.

Perhaps it was her son’s plea that reawakened the mother’s reason [because] after Zhan made one cut on her neck, she stopped, and dialed 120 and 110 [emergency numbers for ambulance and police].

After the incident, Haining Police immediately dispatched police, and the ambulance also immediately took mother and son to hospital where after emergency treatment, the two of them are out of life-threatening danger.

According to the latest information from the hospital, Xiao Yu has already regained consciousness, is in a good mental state, and with no serious harm. Zhan too has been transferred to a regular room.

Inside Zhan’s handbag, police discovered more than ten suicide notes, saying things like “I am leaving and I am going to take this love with me too…”, reflecting Zhan’s world-weary state of mind.

At present, the specific reasons for Zhan violent crime are under further investigation.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I feel no pity for this b***h. Suicides who try to take others with them are the lowest of the low. We can only be thankful her son lived and hope she never leaves prison.

Dapper Dabbler

10,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
There is obviously much more wrong with this woman than being suicidal.

Animal Lover

7,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
cry I'm touched by this boy's love for his Mom that she obviously does not deserve.

Greedy Consumer

fury inferno
cry I'm touched by this boy's love for his Mom that she obviously does not deserve.
its not like they shared every detail of her life, more people are abused sexually in china than America by 50%, and they are more sexist than over here, im sure if she has issues its not as much her fault, and they are very 'disciplined' in Asian countries people overall. So I wouldn't conclude that just yet, what the hell do you think would drive a person to do this s**t. And she at least had the sense to call the cops.

Friendly Wench

*Sigh* I wish suicidal people could just off themselves and make the world a better place, not a worse one by trying to take someone with them.

Sweet Tycoon

8,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Geez -sniffles- this mom is just horrible and oh god this woman has a son and she was just going to try killing herself she needs help this story is so......i don't have the words crying

Dapper Dabbler

O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
*Sigh* I wish suicidal people could just off themselves and make the world a better place, not a worse one by trying to take someone with them.

Wow. What a terrible thing to say. You really need to re-evaluate your life. Not all people who take/want to take their lives want to or do "take others with them." And it's 99.9% of the time due to an untreated mental illness.

That being said, I really do hope this woman no longer has access to her child as she is obviously a danger to his life and I hope she gets the help she needs.

Friendly Wench

River Melody

Yeah no duh. CLEARLY I mean the people like the kids from Columbine, who were going to end it anyways.They could have just offed themselves in their bedrooms and not have shot up a school. And I don't give a s**t if you do it because you have a mental illness, she still tried to murder a little boy. I wish she would have gotten the help that she needed, and it's sad, but she didn't. Suicide is sad , but murder is never alright. I don't think that all suicidal people plan to murder others, but she did so to Hell with her.
P.s. ~ My life has nothing to do with this. I am very against suicide, but I would much rather this woman have killed herself without trying to take an innocent toddler with her. And if you disagree then that's not really anything that affects me at all.

Dapper Dabbler

O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
River Melody

Yeah no duh. CLEARLY I mean the people like the kids from Columbine, who were going to end it anyways.They could have just offed themselves in their bedrooms and not have shot up a school. And I don't give a s**t if you do it because you have a mental illness, she still tried to murder a little boy. I wish she would have gotten the help that she needed, and it's sad, but she didn't. Suicide is sad , but murder is never alright. I don't think that all suicidal people plan to murder others, but she did so to Hell with her.
P.s. ~ My life has nothing to do with this. I am very against suicide, but I would much rather this woman have killed herself without trying to take an innocent toddler with her. And if you disagree then that's not really anything that affects me at all.

Yeah, that wasn't very clear. At all.

And this is why having a mental illness is so stigmatized.
People don't really understand it, so they tell people to just off themselves or to get over it.
but oho. You're against suicide! rolleyes

Either way, I hope first and foremost the child gets the help he needs and, I say again, never has contact with his mother as she is a danger to his life.
And I really do hope she gets the help she needs (while in jail for her actions, I might add).

Friendly Wench

River Melody

I don't care if you have a mental disorder, I have paranoid personality disorder and depression. But I'm not off trying to murder my baby. And besides, maybe you're right because I could care less if certain people offed themselves. lol Look at you causing deep life-changing epiphanies on Gaia! And all from ONE post you suddenly must know my entire life-story. I'm impressed.

Dapper Dabbler

O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
River Melody

I don't care if you have a mental disorder, I have paranoid personality disorder and depression. But I'm not off trying to murder my baby. And besides, maybe you're right because I could care less if certain people offed themselves. lol Look at you causing deep life-changing epiphanies on Gaia! And all from ONE post you suddenly must know my entire life-story. I'm impressed.

So, you're basically just making things worse for yourself.
Okay then. I hope you're happy with that.

Also, people vary and mental illnesses vary. And I never said it was an excuse for what she did to her child I actually said multiple times that she should never be allowed to see her child again and that I hope she is jailed so I really don't understand what your problem is. I also don't see where I said that I knew anything of your life other than going off of things you had directly stated.
1. You said suicidal people should just off themselves.
2. Then you said that you were against suicide.

I responded to those two details of your life that you provided yourself.

Are you mad because I'm not saying what a horrid b***h she is and that she deserves to die? And that I'm hoping that she gets help for her illness? Because that's really the only thing I can think of; I'm not being hostile toward her.

Friendly Wench

River Melody

Oh well, it's Gaia, I try not to take anything too terribly serious on here. Because I don't know you, you don't know me and we have no affect on one each others lives.
Not mad at all, just casually replying because you keep quoting me. ^ ^ Because, again, why should I be mad? You're entitled to your opinion, and it's not going to affect A ) The woman who tried to kill her kid B ) The kid whose mother who slit his throat or C ) Me! Because it's Gaia and I really have bigger things to worry about.

Dapper Dabbler

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I don't really care what happens to the mother. If she does have some serious problems, I hope she does get the treatment she needs to return to a sane state of being.

But, what I'm seriously worried about is that poor angel. I can understand why people hate this mother and want her to go to hell and such, but instead of being so angry at the mother, why can't we just be relieved that this sweet child has been blessed with a second chance at life?

That mother obviously made a horrible decision and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that sweet baby. I do hope she gets the punishment she deserves, and the help she needs. But, more importantly, I hope that child can return to a happy and safe home with family he needs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff