Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who calls it!?

BS That study is a small group. Less then 100. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 12 ]
Wait were they all from the same location or different areas like some from TX Ranch, Jersey shore to the City Chicago to the Beach of Ca? 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 3 ]
BS I am a Progressive and I don't believe this. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 7 ]
I have an Idea wears Burqa's! 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 4 ]
I am not a Liberal and I am calling BS on this. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 12 ]
This is so True! 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 3 ]
Get those dirty Pervs. 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 6 ]
Really now 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 18 ]
Wonder how long before it's a crime? 0.19753086419753 19.8% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

2,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
Pessimist
_PuoNayda_
GunsmithKitten
_PuoNayda_

Im Libertarian. Wow. Judge Much?

From someone who just said that people who are of the wrong political persuasion are automatically mentally ill, which was a tactic the Soviet Union employed on it's political enemies...yea, I'd say we judged just right regardless of what you actually are.

Only God can judge me. Not you, this is stupid. Liberals get stupider & stupider. What's next, stop me from breathing air in public?

So only God can judge you, but you're allowed to judge everyone else.

well, i never met a liberal thats smart. just saying.

Feral Nymph

_PuoNayda_

Ahh, one of those 'christians' who likes to be selective about which Bible verses to follow and which to ignore. Exactly like Jesus would have wanted. You do the religion proud.

Dedicated Student

Whatever. I personally don't care if men oogle. They can oogle all they want because my breasts are not sexual. However if they come over touching any part of my body or invading my space yes that is where I will draw the line. No I don't mean a space invasion where someone is sitting beside me because they have like places on busses or benches. However if I am sitting in a booth at a restraunt and they box me in or follow me when I move then yeah. Prepared to be taken to court.

2,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
Pessimist
_PuoNayda_

Ahh, one of those 'christians' who likes to be selective about which Bible verses to follow and which to ignore. Exactly like Jesus would have wanted. You do the religion proud.

Don't care about religion.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
civiIization
cat_lol
ugh i'm not surprised

i'm still waiting for the day when japan invents the robot waifu and women are viewed as useless

assuming you can just create a baby in a test tube or something

I find that disturbing--the mentality of wanting to have a 100% obedient object that never says no or wants its own space and time as a partner. If men do someday get their perfect waifu robots and women are then viewed as "useless" (basically--not objects to control and manipulate), then good for women I think. No one should be used and abused that way. neutral

Feral Nymph

_PuoNayda_

You're the one who brought up God.

Aged Lunatic

_PuoNayda_
Don't care about religion.

You must to a degree to invoke God in your arguments.

Evolved Hunter

_PuoNayda_

Do you ask everyone you ever talk to which political party (protip: There are more than three) they align with, even when the discussion isn't political? 'Cuz people aren't and shouldn't be defined by their political views.

Also I think you should listen to someone other than Michael "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" Savage. He has some interesting points on occasion but he's so angry at times, it's hard to listen to him. I know my father stopped listening to him because Mr. Savage cut someone off who was trying to make a point - that's pretty unintelligent, not to mention bad debating etiquette.

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
Lulamoon Sage
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
What about women who check out men? Is that such a crime? emotion_awesome
Of course it isn't! After all, we all know that women NEVER look at men that way, and to even imply that is the very epitome of sexism! The fact of the matter is, only men have the capacity to objectify, cause that's just nature!
it's downright retarded that society thinks that way. i know quite a few sluts who will treat guys as objects. and guys checking out girls actually needed an effing STUDY?! great. how long till this bulls*** is made illegal? emotion_facepalm

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
fluffythingie
Lulamoon Sage
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
Of course it isn't! After all, we all know that women NEVER look at men that way, and to even imply that is the very epitome of sexism! The fact of the matter is, only men have the capacity to objectify, cause that's just nature!
it's downright retarded that society thinks that way. i know quite a few sluts who will treat guys as objects. and guys checking out girls actually needed an effing STUDY?! great. how long till this bulls*** is made illegal? emotion_facepalm

Checking someone out is NOT equal to:
-leering at someone (staring too long and all creepy like)
-publicly masturbating at them
-groping them
-taking pictures of someone without their permission
-following/stalking them
-yelling at them (sometimes cursing or making lewd remarks)

Things like that often inspire these thoughts:
-"what does this person want?"
-"is this person going to follow me home?"
-"what's my quickest escape route/how many trusted friends are nearby?"
-"if this person does something to me, will I be able to fight them off?"
-"can I use item X as a weapon?"

Gaian

CosmicJazzKitten
That's certainly not a list of things to take lightly, and it does happen, but that's only in the most extreme cases. I highly doubt that every single man who looks at a woman that way is plotting the best way to go about raping the one they're ogling.

That being said, I do think it's not at all right for women (or indeed anyone ) to be objectified. Making it illegal is highly irrational, though. You just can't realistically enforce that sort of law.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Lulamoon Sage
CosmicJazzKitten
That's certainly not a list of things to take lightly, and it does happen, but that's only in the most extreme cases. I highly doubt that every single man who looks at a woman that way is plotting the best way to go about raping the one they're ogling.

That being said, I do think it's not at all right for women (or indeed anyone ) to be objectified. Making it illegal is highly irrational, though. You just can't realistically enforce that sort of law.

See, while I agree with you, no one said every man is plotting to rape the one they're ogling--writing such is poor in taste on your part--and extreme cases have to start somewhere. After a while, a pattern of behaviors starts to illustrate itself.

Its best to take women seriously rather than ignoring/belittling them when they come forward with these creeps actions/words and then blaming them then s**t gets extreme.

I mean because on one hand people are telling them they're paranoid and they should just ignore it, but on the other hand people are asking them "why didn't you take it serious or take precautions?".

Because. People. Told. Us. We. Were. Paranoid. Overreacting. Bitches. And. Did. Not. See. The. Larger. Pattern. At. Hand.

It's a little ******** up... don't you think? neutral

Gaian

CosmicJazzKitten

See, while I agree with you, no one said every man is plotting to rape the one they're ogling--writing such is poor in taste on your part--and extreme cases have to start somewhere. After a while, a pattern of behaviors starts to illustrate itself.

Its best to take women seriously rather than ignoring/belittling them when they come forward with these creeps actions/words and then blaming them then s**t gets extreme.

I mean because on one hand people are telling them they're paranoid and they should just ignore it, but on the other hand people are asking them "why didn't you take it serious or take precautions?".

Because. People. Told. Us. We. Were. Paranoid. Overreacting. Bitches. And. Did. Not. See. The. Larger. Pattern. At. Hand.

It's a little ******** up... don't you think? neutral
I just responded to the implication I perceived, like you did here. I didn't mean any offense. To tell you the truth, I can't think of any solution to this problem that wouldn't seem like it was punishing men for just the simple act of looking at women (JUST looking, not making unwanted advances, not making unwanted physical contact, JUST looking) or making light of the fact that this is what leads to the things you mentioned. I do think it's ******** up that women aren't taken seriously hen it comes to things like this.

Fluffy Fatcat

11,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Heckler 50
CosmicJazzKitten
fluffythingie
Lulamoon Sage
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

Checking someone out is NOT equal to:
-leering at someone (staring too long and all creepy like)
-publicly masturbating at them
-groping them
-taking pictures of someone without their permission
-following/stalking them
-yelling at them (sometimes cursing or making lewd remarks)

Things like that often inspire these thoughts:
-"what does this person want?"
-"is this person going to follow me home?"
-"what's my quickest escape route/how many trusted friends are nearby?"
-"if this person does something to me, will I be able to fight them off?"
-"can I use item X as a weapon?"
that's the point this article is trying to make emotion_facepalm it's one thing if they are just looking. it's another if they grope you, stalk you, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff