Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who calls it!?

BS That study is a small group. Less then 100. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 12 ]
Wait were they all from the same location or different areas like some from TX Ranch, Jersey shore to the City Chicago to the Beach of Ca? 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 3 ]
BS I am a Progressive and I don't believe this. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 7 ]
I have an Idea wears Burqa's! 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 4 ]
I am not a Liberal and I am calling BS on this. 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 12 ]
This is so True! 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 3 ]
Get those dirty Pervs. 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 6 ]
Really now 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 18 ]
Wonder how long before it's a crime? 0.19753086419753 19.8% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

hank of the hill
Andy Partridge
hank of the hill

it's not just "looking at people" it's looking at people in a sexual way.

So are you talking actively leering and making gross faces? Because that's not what the OP is talking about either.

no, it doesn't even have to be that severe for it to be really uncomfortable. when someone looks at you with certain intent, you know. there doesn't really have to be any weird exaggerations.

I DO know. Again, believe me.
Andy Partridge
hank of the hill
Andy Partridge
hank of the hill

it's not just "looking at people" it's looking at people in a sexual way.

So are you talking actively leering and making gross faces? Because that's not what the OP is talking about either.

no, it doesn't even have to be that severe for it to be really uncomfortable. when someone looks at you with certain intent, you know. there doesn't really have to be any weird exaggerations.

I DO know. Again, believe me.

yeah, so i mean, i feel like people are more imagining "ogling" as being something playful and flirtatious by two people who are attracted to each other instead of something that creepy guy on the bus you avoid sitting next to does

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
So what? It's just looking. They're not doing any harm to you in any way- that goes for women and men. If it bothers you it's because you're making it bother you.

Blessed Prophet

6,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Good, ******** men.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Ladies you should be thankful when men continue to leer at you in ways that make you feel gross and uncomfortable. It's a compliment or something... IDK. rolleyes

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Imogene_Agape_Weasley
Right-wing whack job posting sensationalism

Not buying it.

Hilarious Fatcat

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
If a womans body wasn't automatically thought to be "sex sex boobs boobs" we wouldn't have a problem. Damned media. I wish we could live in a world where the body wasn't sexualized so much. That goes for male and female.
I think there are creeps in the world who enjoy staring at women. I also think that some men get the wrong idea. This also puts the pressure on a woman to be beautiful enough to supposedly feel loved.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Imogene_Agape_Weasley
There was the Massachusetts secretary who sued her boss for staring at her breasts.
My boobs are there because nature said babies need feeding, not so my employer can take mental photos for wanking to later. Soooooooo yeah, I'd have sued the asshat too. You can take your sexist ideology and GTFO.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Scantily clad women with ideal figures do not contribute to rape culture. Nor does women purposefully showing off some cleavage. Even I do that from time to time, if only only to feel like I'm actually sexy. If any of those resulted in rape culture, there wouldn't be rapes in the Middle East, where women are basically covered from head to toe in burqas. Personally I don't mind getting looks from guys, since it makes me feel better and trust me when I say that I need that boost in self-esteem on some occasions. It's only when someone starts being creepy about it that I start to mentally freak.

Besides, it's not like there aren't women who enjoy looking at some men's beautiful, well-toned butts... 4laugh

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I guess songs like 'I am sexy and I know it', 'You're So Vain', '"Looking Good Feeling Gorgeous' and so many others should be banned. Not to mention Beauty magazines, and cosmetics, the sexy and lacey undergarments. Maybe razors should be added.

Oh banning on Gentleman clubs and Calendar that promotes nice bods.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OMG EVEN HOOTERS!
1. On the "It's already started" crap. I'm guessing if she successfully sued him, it was a touch more than a passing glance.

2. As Kitteh already pointed out, I see no indication of any political party attempting to make it legal to stare at women. This is sensationalism its finest.
Elraine Figarette
Imogene_Agape_Weasley
There was the Massachusetts secretary who sued her boss for staring at her breasts.
My boobs are there because nature said babies need feeding, not so my employer can take mental photos for wanking to later. Soooooooo yeah, I'd have sued the asshat too. You can take your sexist ideology and GTFO.

Now. Let's ignore the fact that, I am going to guess if she successfully sued him, he did a helluva lot more than glance at them in passing.

How, pray tell, do you intend to prove that he taking mental photos of your breasts to masturbate to later?

Not only are we attempting to sue over thought-crime here, but we're going Minority Report. Suing over future crimes.

Or is the lawsuit simply in response to the thought-crime of taking mental pictures?
Haku Tobi II
Good, ******** men.

This article is pure sensationalism.

We remain thoroughly ********.

Sorry to disappoint.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Andy French
Elraine Figarette
Imogene_Agape_Weasley

Now. Let's ignore the fact that, I am going to guess if she successfully sued him, he did a helluva lot more than glance at them in passing.

How, pray tell, do you intend to prove that he taking mental photos of your breasts to masturbate to later?

Not only are we attempting to sue over thought-crime here, but we're going Minority Report. Suing over future crimes.

Or is the lawsuit simply in response to the thought-crime of taking mental pictures?
It may not have occurred to you that I was using hyperbole, since you like to nitpick at things, but it should have crossed your mind that "staring" explicitly describes "more than a glance". Repeated leering constitutes sexual harassment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff