Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
If your taste buds crave the combination of salty and sweet, then this chip is for you.

Lay's has announced it will sell Lay's Wavy Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate, a sweet new offering from the salty snack giant whose name says it all.

The chips will only be sold in certain stores, however, and only for a limited time, from next week through the end of the holiday season, a Frito-Lay's spokeswoman confirmed to ABCNews.com today.

"During the holiday season, consumers look for flavorful,indulgent snack options – especially when it comes to savory and sweet,"Jennifer Saenz, Frito-Lay's senior director of marketing said in a statement provided to ABCNews.com. “With Lay’s Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate, we’ve combined the best of both tastes into one delicious snack."

The $3.49, 5-ounce bags of chips will be sold only at Target stores. The company says it will consider making the chips a permanent offering if the limited rollout is a success.

The chocolate-dipped potato chips are the latest attempt by Lay's to broaden its brand's flavors. Earlier this year the company launched the "Do Us a Flavor" contest, an online competition that asked consumers to submit their own flavors and then vote on their favorite.

Weber-Mendham's Lay's Cheesy Garlic Bread chips will remain on store shelves nationwide through the rest of the year. If one percent of her flavor's 2013 net sales surpass the $1 million mark, Weber-Mendham, a part-time librarian, will take home that larger total as her grand prize.

Yum

Greedy Consumer

Im going to report this thread for offsite advertising lol, joke.

But that s**t is gonna sell like chocolate bacon hotcakes lol

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

There's an ice cream called Midnight Snack by Ben and Jerry's that have chocolate covered tater chips and boy is it a tasty combo! @,@

Hopefully Lays will have a right combo to make them tasty.:3

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My favorite chocolate store is gonna be pissed. They've been making these for years and have been charging out the a** because they know people are too lazy to make their own. Now they finally have competition.

You just have to be careful eating these, the salt/chocolate combo can and usually will make you throw up if you eat more than 10-15 chips, but they're so damn good.

Feral Nymph

Alexander J Luthor

You just have to be careful eating these, the salt/chocolate combo can and usually will make you throw up if you eat more than 10-15 chips, but they're so damn good.

gonk They already didn't sound appetizing to me, but that just made the idea sound worse. I'll pass on the chips.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pessimist
Alexander J Luthor

gonk They already didn't sound appetizing to me, but that just made the idea sound worse. I'll pass on the chips.

It's an inner conflict for me, like chocolate milkshakes and french fries, I know if I eat too much I'll hate myself, but you just can't stop after five.

Feral Nymph

Alexander J Luthor
Pessimist
Alexander J Luthor

It's an inner conflict for me, like chocolate milkshakes and french fries, I know if I eat too much I'll hate myself, but you just can't stop after five.

gonk I will take your word for it and stick to my regular leftover Halloween candy.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Hubby and I will definitely want some! emotion_omnomnom
PantheaMarlon
If your taste buds crave the combination of salty and sweet, then this chip is for you.

Lay's has announced it will sell Lay's Wavy Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate, a sweet new offering from the salty snack giant whose name says it all.

The chips will only be sold in certain stores, however, and only for a limited time, from next week through the end of the holiday season, a Frito-Lay's spokeswoman confirmed to ABCNews.com today.

"During the holiday season, consumers look for flavorful,indulgent snack options – especially when it comes to savory and sweet,"Jennifer Saenz, Frito-Lay's senior director of marketing said in a statement provided to ABCNews.com. “With Lay’s Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate, we’ve combined the best of both tastes into one delicious snack."

The $3.49, 5-ounce bags of chips will be sold only at Target stores. The company says it will consider making the chips a permanent offering if the limited rollout is a success.

The chocolate-dipped potato chips are the latest attempt by Lay's to broaden its brand's flavors. Earlier this year the company launched the "Do Us a Flavor" contest, an online competition that asked consumers to submit their own flavors and then vote on their favorite.

Weber-Mendham's Lay's Cheesy Garlic Bread chips will remain on store shelves nationwide through the rest of the year. If one percent of her flavor's 2013 net sales surpass the $1 million mark, Weber-Mendham, a part-time librarian, will take home that larger total as her grand prize.

Yum

Wow that's awesome but it's sad that it will only be for a limited time. ;-;

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
Aww yisssssssss

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Yuki_Windira
There's an ice cream called Midnight Snack by Ben and Jerry's that have chocolate covered tater chips and boy is it a tasty combo! @,@

Unfortunately I think this kind of thing can only be pulled off with ice cream involved. *pokes weird chips* >~>

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

JamesWN
Yuki_Windira

Unfortunately I think this kind of thing can only be pulled off with ice cream involved. *pokes weird chips* >~>

You want some? razz

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Yuki_Windira
JamesWN
Yuki_Windira

You want some? razz

Nu. O~o *eats BBQ chips instead*

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Yuck, no thanks!

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

JamesWN
Yuki_Windira
JamesWN
Yuki_Windira

You want some? razz

Nu. O~o *eats BBQ chips instead*

What about potato chip cookies then? xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out