Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Oh hey, it's your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Your very, very friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Since last year, Lotte Shopping Center in Busan, South Korea has been home to a Spider-Man sculpture by an artist Eunsuk Yoo. It's a rather unusual, somewhat amusing sculpture as Spider-Man has a boner.

Less amusing is the fact that the Spider-Man sculpture was erected over the shopping mall's playground and rest area. Oh dear.

As pointed out by tipster Sang, the image has gone viral online in South Korea recently as complaints got bigger regarding the piece. The artist was told to either take the statue down or modify it (lose the woody, I guess). Instead of compromising his vision, Yoo decided to have his sculpture taken down.

On his Facebook page, the artist provided his reasons why (translation via Sang):

I am the artist who made this piece. My reason for it was that I wanted apply the natural physical phenomenon to a superhero depict whats's natural in the morning without lies and superficial-ness in a comical way.

There have been some comments on various community sites and Facebook pages that this is lewd and a disgrace to the source material. Lotte Shopping Center has received many complaint calls this morning from a certain organization, and after their meeting, it was decided that I have to either modify or take the statue down. Instead of modifying my work, I've decided to take it down.

It was ok for about a year and now it has to be taken down due a sudden interest in the piece, which is sad. But I understand that a piece that could be potentially interpreted as lewd can be offensive at a place like shopping mall. It's disappointing, but I'll reach out to the public with a better work next time.1112

Think he's too hard on himself? Also, maybe pick a better place next time? While the sculpture probably counts as parody, I wonder if Lotte ran it by Marvel first? Or even, notice the boner?

Korean Spider-Man Has an Erection, Pisses People Off

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Quote:
I wanted apply the natural physical phenomenon to a superhero depict whats's natural in the morning
i don't think peter parker sleeps in his spidey costume, let alone in that particular position.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LOL dat web shooter.

Borg

Cool, now I know an erect p***s looks just like a big red fish.

I would've never guessed...thank you, Internet!

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
he's very VERY happy to see the children...

Kawaii Shoujo

That climbing rope idea sure is a nice touch.

Wintry Dragon

It's that a web shooter or is he just that happy to see all of you? ninja

Ice-Cold Wolf

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
no one in the pics seemed to notice it O.o

Sex Symbol

this is the best thing ive ever seen

Blessed Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Magical Girl 50
raggedy grrl
Cool, now I know an erect p***s looks just like a big red fish.

I would've never guessed...thank you, Internet!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sugary Cat

Quote:
Think he[the artist of the statue]'s too hard on himself?
rofl rofl I just can't

Friendly Explorer

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
oh wow I can just imagine webbing cumming out of his d**k when he orgasms XD
garyoak99
Oh hey, it's your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Your very, very friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Since last year, Lotte Shopping Center in Busan, South Korea has been home to a Spider-Man sculpture by an artist Eunsuk Yoo. It's a rather unusual, somewhat amusing sculpture as Spider-Man has a boner.

Less amusing is the fact that the Spider-Man sculpture was erected over the shopping mall's playground and rest area. Oh dear.

As pointed out by tipster Sang, the image has gone viral online in South Korea recently as complaints got bigger regarding the piece. The artist was told to either take the statue down or modify it (lose the woody, I guess). Instead of compromising his vision, Yoo decided to have his sculpture taken down.

On his Facebook page, the artist provided his reasons why (translation via Sang):

I am the artist who made this piece. My reason for it was that I wanted apply the natural physical phenomenon to a superhero depict whats's natural in the morning without lies and superficial-ness in a comical way.

There have been some comments on various community sites and Facebook pages that this is lewd and a disgrace to the source material. Lotte Shopping Center has received many complaint calls this morning from a certain organization, and after their meeting, it was decided that I have to either modify or take the statue down. Instead of modifying my work, I've decided to take it down.

It was ok for about a year and now it has to be taken down due a sudden interest in the piece, which is sad. But I understand that a piece that could be potentially interpreted as lewd can be offensive at a place like shopping mall. It's disappointing, but I'll reach out to the public with a better work next time.1112

Think he's too hard on himself? Also, maybe pick a better place next time? While the sculpture probably counts as parody, I wonder if Lotte ran it by Marvel first? Or even, notice the boner?

Korean Spider-Man Has an Erection, Pisses People Off
Ratttking
Quote:
I wanted apply the natural physical phenomenon to a superhero depict whats's natural in the morning
i don't think peter parker sleeps in his spidey costume, let alone in that particular position.

rofl

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

"Think he's too hard on himself".

Ohohoho.
    redface

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers