Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
X_Sparkie_X
Bail should not have been posted in the first place.

George Zimmerman shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. There was no probable cause and it was an entirely political move and not in the best interests of justice, very unethical of the prosecutor. She could be disbarred for that, you know, for false arrest and for lying by omission on her affidavit. People learned nothing from the past.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
X_Sparkie_X

Bail should be posted. To deny Zimmerman any part of his rights would set back our judicial system and cause an even bigger mess. Would you like it if you were brought to court and because popular opinion is against you, you were denied your rights?

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Fireweed_honey
X_Sparkie_X

Bail should be posted. To deny Zimmerman any part of his rights would set back our judicial system and cause an even bigger mess. Would you like it if you were brought to court and because popular opinion is against you, you were denied your rights?

George Zimmerman shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. There was no probable cause and it was an entirely political move and not in the best interests of justice, very unethical of the prosecutor. She could be disbarred for that, you know, for false arrest and for lying by omission on her affidavit. People learned nothing from the past.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
X_Sparkie_X

Until it is 100% proven self defense, the police are doing the right thing. At this moment, it is still murky on what happened between initial contact and the gun going off. That's what the trial is for, and to have this kind of trial, an arrest must be made. It's up to the judicial system now.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Fireweed_honey
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
X_Sparkie_X

Until it is 100% proven self defense, the police are doing the right thing. At this moment, it is still murky on what happened between initial contact and the gun going off. That's what the trial is for, and to have this kind of trial, an arrest must be made. It's up to the judicial system now.

According to Zimmerman's father, Zimmerman said it all happened for fast that George Zimmerman forgot he had the gun and was yelling for help. Eventually Trayvon Martin noticed the gun and reached for it. They fought over the gun and George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin. And evidence apparently does indicate that they fought for control of the gun. Anyway, according to the lead investigator, ALL THE EVIDENCE that they collected matches George Zimmerman's explanation, and Detective Serino went as far as saying that their best evidence is George Zimmerman's testimony because it conforms so well with the rest of the evidence. Detective Chris Serino is the same guy that the media lied about when it claimed that he wanted to arrest George Zimmerman.

Anyway, we don't know all the details, but we know that Trayvon Martin was beating Zimmerman and Zimmerman was yelling for help for a while. The witness John saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman, but before he went in to call 911 they were not fighting over the gun and Zimmerman's gun hadn't left it's holster, so that seems to verify that George Zimmerman had indeed forgot about the gun, or he was hoping help would come and he wouldn't have to use it, but according to his dad George said that he just forgot it when he was suddenly assaulted.

Anyway, John went to make the phone call and they apparently fought over the gun and Zimmerman shot Trayvon. It could be that the only shot he had was to Trayvon's chest since he was fighting over the gun, or it could be that he was afraid to shoot another part of Trayvon's body and miss, and accidentally kill an innocent third party.

Personally, if I was in a life or death fight I'd aim for the gut too unless I was in the middle of nowhere. I would not want to accidentally hit an innocent, you know? And the angle that he shot from might have went right through someone's window or something if he missed.

Now was Zimmerman thinking that? Who knows. Most likely Trayvon's gut was just the only shot he had.

Now, Detective Serino said that the best evidence of what happened that night is George Zimmerman's account, and that all the evidence points him to George Zimmerman telling the truth, so an arrest for political reasons is improper.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
X_Sparkie_X

According to Zimmerman's father, Zimmerman said it all happened for fast that George Zimmerman forgot he had the gun and was yelling for help. Eventually Trayvon Martin noticed the gun and reached for it. They fought over the gun and George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin. And evidence apparently does indicate that they fought for control of the gun. Anyway, according to the lead investigator, ALL THE EVIDENCE that they collected matches George Zimmerman's explanation, and Detective Serino went as far as saying that their best evidence is George Zimmerman's testimony because it conforms so well with the rest of the evidence. Detective Chris Serino is the same guy that the media lied about when it claimed that he wanted to arrest George Zimmerman.

Anyway, we don't know all the details, but we know that Trayvon Martin was beating Zimmerman and Zimmerman was yelling for help for a while. The witness John saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman, but before he went in to call 911 they were not fighting over the gun and Zimmerman's gun hadn't left it's holster, so that seems to verify that George Zimmerman had indeed forgot about the gun, or he was hoping help would come and he wouldn't have to use it, but according to his dad George said that he just forgot it when he was suddenly assaulted.

Anyway, John went to make the phone call and they apparently fought over the gun and Zimmerman shot Trayvon. It could be that the only shot he had was to Trayvon's chest since he was fighting over the gun, or it could be that he was afraid to shoot another part of Trayvon's body and miss, and accidentally kill an innocent third party.

Personally, if I was in a life or death fight I'd aim for the gut too unless I was in the middle of nowhere. I would not want to accidentally hit an innocent, you know? And the angle that he shot from might have went right through someone's window or something if he missed.

Now was Zimmerman thinking that? Who knows. Most likely Trayvon's gut was just the only shot he had.

Now, Detective Serino said that the best evidence of what happened that night is George Zimmerman's account, and that all the evidence points him to George Zimmerman telling the truth, so an arrest for political reasons is improper.

No offense, but for every piece of evidence that proves Zimmerman's story, there is a piece of evidence that disproves it. That's why it's in the judicial hands now. I'm planning on following the case, but I refuse to make a call either way.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Fireweed_honey
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
X_Sparkie_X

No offense, but for every piece of evidence that proves Zimmerman's story, there is a piece of evidence that disproves it. That's why it's in the judicial hands now. I'm planning on following the case, but I refuse to make a call either way.

That'snot true, lol, there's a lot of anti-Zimmerman propaganda out there, but the cops who have all the real evidence stated that all the evidence that they were able to gather aligned with George Zimmerman's explanation. They practically went as far as saying that they believed he was innocent. How strong must the evidence be for all the police to be so confident about George Zimmerman's innocence?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
Kasumi of Vientown
Fireweed_honey
Kasumi of Vientown

That'snot true, lol, there's a lot of anti-Zimmerman propaganda out there, but the cops who have all the real evidence stated that all the evidence that they were able to gather aligned with George Zimmerman's explanation. They practically went as far as saying that they believed he was innocent. How strong must the evidence be for all the police to be so confident about George Zimmerman's innocence?

As I said, I'm just going to watch the trial. Thanks.
Not to take sides, but if Trayvon killed Zimmerman, wouldn't he still be in jail? Really, like under the jail even?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
tboogie937
Not to take sides, but if Trayvon killed Zimmerman, wouldn't he still be in jail? Really, like under the jail even?

Honestly, not sure. I know it wouldn't have been as blown up as this. However, I'm nearly 100% positive that anyone taken in on arrest can recieve a trial, even if it's in a small court to deturmine the length of jail time and a chance to present one's case. If I've got the whole process correct, Trayvon (assuming this is in visa versa and Zimmerman is dead) would have been brought in, charges made and his lawyer would refute that it was self defense, and Trayvon would have a chance to make his case. I can't think of any situation where a person would be in jail for more than a day without a chance to make their case.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
In my opinion, that murderer should've been stuck in jail for eternity.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kasumi of Vientown
X_Sparkie_X

No probable cause?

Someone was dead. That's probable cause enough for an investigation and arrest. Even if you kill someone in manslaughter or negligence, you're usually arrested.

That being said, I'm surprised the bail was so low. But... bail is bail. If he doesn't show up for court, then his a** will really be in hot water.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Fireweed_honey

Honestly, not sure. I know it wouldn't have been as blown up as this. However, I'm nearly 100% positive that anyone taken in on arrest can recieve a trial, even if it's in a small court to deturmine the length of jail time and a chance to present one's case. If I've got the whole process correct, Trayvon (assuming this is in visa versa and Zimmerman is dead) would have been brought in, charges made and his lawyer would refute that it was self defense, and Trayvon would have a chance to make his case. I can't think of any situation where a person would be in jail for more than a day without a chance to make their case.

No. Trials don't work like that. There's always a wait time between arrest and trial. Bail is posted more or less so that the state has a chance to get free money. Unless you pay the bail though, you're stuck in jail until the trial... which depending on the state or the kind of case can be several months to a year plus.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
tboogie937

It would depend on what Trayvon told the police. If he stayed on the scene and claimed self-defense and didn't screw up by accidentally confessing to something criminal then he wouldn't have arrested that day, unless they were able to disprove his story.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Mitsumi-chan
Kasumi of Vientown
X_Sparkie_X

No probable cause?

Someone was dead. That's probable cause enough for an investigation and arrest. Even if you kill someone in manslaughter or negligence, you're usually arrested.

That being said, I'm surprised the bail was so low. But... bail is bail. If he doesn't show up for court, then his a** will really be in hot water.

A lawyer for Trayvon Martin's family is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to review what he alleges was a meeting the night the 17-year-old was killed between Sanford's police chief and State Attorney Norm Wolfinger.

Benjamin Crump sent a formal request to the federal agency Monday, saying he believes Wolfinger and police Chief Bill Lee Jr. met Feb. 26 and overruled a homicide investigator's recommendation that George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter.

Monday afternoon, Wolfinger said there was no meeting and that the letter was based on "outright lies". He also denounced "those spreading … irresponsible rhetoric".

Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon during a fight that rainy Sunday evening. Zimmerman told police he had followed the teenager but turned back then acted in self-defense when Trayvon knocked him to the ground and began pounding Zimmerman's head on a sidewalk.

Zimmerman has not been arrested, and that has set off marches and rallies across the country by people, saying Trayvon was the victim of racial profiling and Zimmerman is being coddled by police.

The case is being investigated by a special prosecutor, and two weeks ago the U.S. Department of Justice launched a civil rights investigation.

Some news agencies have reported that Sanford's lead investigator, Chris Serino, wanted Zimmerman charged with manslaughter that night but Wolfinger's office put a stop to it. The city of Sanford issued a statement saying that is not true.

Police did that night prepare an incident report that lists "manslaughter" as the possible crime being investigated, but in every case in which an officer prepares an incident report, he or she fills in that spot with some crime and statute number to allow the agency to properly report crime statistics to the FBI.

Two weeks ago, during an exclusive interview with the Sentinel, Lee disclosed certain details of the investigation and during that session, attended by Serino and others, Serino said his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmerman's account – that he had acted in self-defense.

"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event," Serino told the Sentinel March 16. "Everything I have is adding up to what he says."

In his letter Monday to Roy Austin, deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, Crump wrote, "We look forward to your thorough and comprehensive review of the suspicious circumstances surrounding this meeting, and the decision to disregard the recommendation of the lead homicide investigator, Mr. Serino, who felt compelled to prepare an affidavit memorializing his recommendation to arrest the shooter George Zimmerman."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-federal-review-justice-letter-20120402_1_chief-bill-lee-federal-review-federal-agency

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff