Welcome to Gaia! ::

Evolved Sleuth

13,225 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I pray that your children have no spectrum issues. So that you and your child do not feel like you go into a hostile environment every day you try to access public school. But when they get to be 21 an adult what do you do if they are not able to hold down a job IF you can find them one. What do you do if you cannot find/ afford the right people to be involved in their life. What will you tell your 26 year old son when he is in tears because he has no one to talk to (on his subjects of course).

This mom Knows in her heart/mind that his shots had something to do with his regression into autism.

We found some relief with the gluten free diet and certain supplements but we still have autism.

Remember that if any government funded study found that shots or mercury in shots were the cause The United States government would go broke compensating these children.

It would be nice if they would find the cause and stop the increase.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Lady Paulus
I pray that your children have no spectrum issues. So that you and your child do not feel like you go into a hostile environment every day you try to access public school. But when they get to be 21 an adult what do you do if they are not able to hold down a job IF you can find them one. What do you do if you cannot find/ afford the right people to be involved in their life. What will you tell your 26 year old son when he is in tears because he has no one to talk to (on his subjects of course).

This mom Knows in her heart/mind that his shots had something to do with his regression into autism.

We found some relief with the gluten free diet and certain supplements but we still have autism.

Remember that if any government funded study found that shots or mercury in shots were the cause The United States government would go broke compensating these children.

I am sorry to hear about your situation but I think you need to understand the way the vaccines work and how autism works. First I will offer you some suggestions about where to turn to get help with him so he can be better adapted.

I have a friend whose brother was recommended to the government run disability support program. Every state has one as a requirement. Unlike social security they only require documentation of the disability from a doctor to give your son help. They can refer him to services that can help. I know my friend's brother was sent to Easter Seals and they helped him a lot-all paid for by the state. I also know they will pay for counseling, certain behavioral therapies and other services like medication. I have heard the ARC also has programs meant to help get autistic people better integrated into the community. Also remember you don't cure autism so much as make it more manageable for the person and their family. In some higher functioning cases the symptoms can be reduced to be minimally stressful and the person virtually normal.

The mercury in thiomerisol actually does clear from the brain within 2 weeks. It contains ethyl mercury not methyl methyl mercury (which doesn't clear). Researchers demonstrated this on monkeys. There have also been government run studies in Europe and Japan on autism diagnosis rates for vaccinated and unvaccinated children-they don't find a significant difference between the two groups. Also they no longer put thiomerisol in most vaccines-just the flu shot. Also in regards to the US government going broke-we already are in severe debt and repeatedly borrow money so the government clearly doesn't have that much fear of a deficit.

In regards to autism, there are several facts about it worth noting. First in relation the vaccine issue the most obvious symptoms tend to be noticeable around the age when children vaccines are given. They are physically able to interact with their environment and if they seem off course the diagnosis gets made. Typically the children had symptoms before but these were not noticed-like failure to make eye contact or respond to their name. The one exception is childhood disintegrative disorder and there is not much certainty about that though it is worth noting that things that seem unrelated to or anathema to vaccination are related to it-like epilepsy, fat storage in the brain, viral infection in the brain (MMR has dead viruses so would prevent not cause it), premature birth, and various genetic disorders. It is also rare (1 in 50,000) and can't explain the rise in autism spectrum diagnoses.

Autism spectrum disorder diagnoses have shot up in the past decade because now we diagnose milder cases and have broadened our definition of it-high functioning autistic kids used to be looked at as just odd now they are given a label.

Omnipresent Warlord

Lady Paulus

No, she doesn't know in her heart or mind. She jumped to conclusions and is pretending to be a medical expert because she isn't qualified to diagnose autism and there is no cure for it.

Mercury poisoning and autism are Not linked. and this has been well established for over a decade

If you are not allergic or sensitive to gluten then there is no reason to cut it from your diet, autism or not. Cutting gluten doesn't cure autism. In repeating and spreading lies and misinformation you are doing no one any good.
I think famous people are just easier for people to blame for their problems.

Your kid shoots up the school? It's their favorite artist's fault for making music too mature and violent for them. No fault is on the parent for not monitoring what their kids listen to.

Your kid is too hypersexual? Why, it's that damn Miley Cyrus's fault for twerking on television. Nevermind the parents didn't take the time to make sure their kids wasn't watching something they didn't approve of.

...and now, it's a famous person's fault if your kid gets measles or any other scary and life threatening illness, not the idiot parents's who decided they would listen to a celebrity rather than medical experts.

Aged Lunatic

Will people PLEASE stop trying to act like they know what the blue ******** they're talking about on the subject of pharmacology?! PLEASE?!

"Your heart/mind" doesn't mean jack s**t unless it also took the time and education necessary to know how these chemicals work and are synthesized!

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Lady Paulus

Yes because all the 'mad hatters' who went insane from mercury poisoning which caused LEGIONS in the brain weren't made insane because of legions in the brain, but because they were autistic.

Start educating yourself.

EDIT:
Also why not go against vaccinations against POLIO. Don't ever vaccinate ANYONE against it, and see how that works out.

Nine-tailed Fox

18,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Summer Pride 100
Saavikam
Correlation does not imply causation .
this

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Omnileech
Lady Paulus

No, she doesn't know in her heart or mind. She jumped to conclusions and is pretending to be a medical expert because she isn't qualified to diagnose autism and there is no cure for it.

Mercury poisoning and autism are Not linked. and this has been well established for over a decade

If you are not allergic or sensitive to gluten then there is no reason to cut it from your diet, autism or not. Cutting gluten doesn't cure autism. In repeating and spreading lies and misinformation you are doing no one any good.

And mercury/thiomersal has been removed from vaccines given to children for over a decade as well (and there was never really that much in them to begin with, a can of tuna has a lot more).

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I did a high school report on Jenny McCarthy and anti-vaxxers back in 12th grade. Her and at the time her husband Jim Carey thought that vaccines caused autism even my own mother believed vaccines caused autism due to my brother being diagnosed autistic at age 2. But I do not believe vaccines cause autism. There may be a strange coincidence where children don't show signs until a later time period as most children do not show signs of autism until age 2 or 3. Much like women with schizophrenia do not show signs until their twenties of the symptoms. But I refuse to take advice from a former Playboy bunny on the matter. She is by no means a doctor nor a medical expert on the result of autism and the autism vaccine scare was a huge problem in Britain and USA in the early 90's where British and American mothers were convinced by Dr. Andrew Wakefield and Jenny McCarthy that vaccines caused autism and many mothers decided not to vaccinate their children thus resulting in children with whooping cough and measles mumps and rubella. This makes children very contagious and can make other children at school get sick and it isn't safe. I highly recommend getting your children vaccinated vaccines are not dangerous and the MMR vaccine does not contain any mercury it only contains the preservative thimerosol. It is not dangerous to children and it is good to keep your kids vaccinated and safe. Please don't let your kids get sick. It is imperative as someone who has researched countless claims of the vaccine and autism research the results are negative do not let your kids get sick it isn't good if they become diseased and infect other children we will have children with very deadly cases of mumps and whooping cough that can die as toddlers. Please vaccinate your kids and ignore what Jenny McCarthy and Dr. Andrew Wakefield has said in the past.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff