Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geared Spirit

Whether they are violating Syrian soverienty by striking at possible weapons shipments to Lebanon or using massive settlements to force Palestinians out of the West Bank, there is no doubt that Isreal is some bullies, but are they making more enemies than they can handle? Both Syria and it's ally, Iran, have eluded to possible retaliation.
If the s**t hits the fan, will the US aid it's Isreali allies?
Will this lead to a substantial increase in Mid-East tensions?

Conservative Millionaire

7,950 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Israel is not the bully. They have enemies on every side and they have to defend themselves daily. The media always spins the current events in Israel against them. Israel has the right to protect themselves.

Witty Phantom

dotandthekangaroo
Israel is not the bully. They have enemies on every side and they have to defend themselves daily. The media always spins the current events in Israel against them. Israel has the right to protect themselves.

Basically this.

Geared Spirit

Actually, I fully support Isreal. Syria's falling apart and the last thing Isreal (or any other nearby country) needs is high tech weaponry falling in the hands of terroristic aggressors. Iran needs to mind their own, and if Syria can't control weapon shipments within their own borders then they are definately in no position to escalate tensions. I applaud the Isreali initiative to carry out a pre-emtive strike. I wish all democratic nations (especially mine) had such testicular fortitude.

Dangerous Lunatic

dotandthekangaroo
That's not what they're doing at all however.
They're the aggressor more often than they are the victim, and they have been conquering surrounding territory for years. (Which is pretty ******** illegal)
Add to that state sponsored theft of cultural artifacts and and a flagrant disregard for international treaties and I have a hard time seeing them as the good guy.

In this conflict everyone are dicks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces