Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
The Islamic State militant group has released a video online purporting to show the beheading of US journalist James Foley, missing since 2012.

The militants said the killing was revenge for US air strikes against the Islamic State group in Iraq.

Foley's mother Diane said on Facebook she was proud of her son: "He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people."

The White House said if the video was genuine, the US would be "appalled".

Foley has reported extensively across the Middle East, working for America's Global Post and other media outlets including the French news agency AFP.

In the video titled A Message to America, a man who appears to be James Foley is dressed in orange kneeling in desert-like terrain beside an armed man dressed in black.

The militant, who speaks with a British accent and identifies himself as an IS member, says the journalist's death is the direct result of US bombing of IS targets in Iraq.

Article

Hilarious Raider

********' savages, man.
With a british accent???? question ******** thats one ******** up way too go. But its the journalists fault, they know that those guys dont want anyone poking around. It doesnt help that it was a u.s. journalist. Well, time to look up the video gonk

Tipsy Smoker

FULLY AWAKENED BEING
With a british accent???? question ******** thats one ******** up way too go. But its the journalists fault, they know that those guys dont want anyone poking around. It doesnt help that it was a u.s. journalist. Well, time to look up the video gonk
His fault for being a victim? Wtf?
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

he knows the danger of His CHOSEN profession, especially in the middle east where journalists are constantly beheaded...

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:
The White House said if the video was genuine, the US would be "appalled".

...That's it? Appalled? Hit them with 10 times what you did before or carpet bomb the ******** out them with MOABs. See how they like that response.

Tipsy Smoker

FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

he knows the danger of His CHOSEN profession, especially in the middle east where journalists are constantly beheaded...
Knowing doesn't mean deserving.
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

Lol i never said the poor guy deserved it. But knowing the potential violence and outcomes in the area he's choosing to do his journalism in, and still going through with it. How is he not partially at fault how he ended up? Journalists have a life threatening job when it comes to them being in unstable countries. Btw, i like your name lol. 3nodding

Tipsy Smoker

FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

Lol i never said the poor guy deserved it. But knowing the potential violence and outcomes in the area he's choosing to do his journalism in, and still going through with it. How is he not partially at fault how he ended up? Journalists have a life threatening job when it comes to them being in unstable countries. Btw, i like your name lol. 3nodding
Thank you. And fault goes to the people who killed him. It's not like it was an accident or it was in his control. So no he was not at fault.
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Chahklet
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

Thank you. And fault goes to the people who killed him. It's not like it was an accident or it was in his control. So no he was not at fault.

You're welcome and your avi too, it's nice biggrin lol i disagree with that, its their country, and ******** up cause and he CHOSE to be there KNOWING that american journalists are very often targets being held for ransom, or just to behead. He was at fault im sorry but its true. They are aware of and acknowledged what they did, but let's be honest, its not like they said come over so we can behead you. an american in an unstable islamic country? He/she is pretty much asking to have their head cut off... 3nodding

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Yes, it was rather barbaric.

I wonder if IS recognizes the irony that their retaliation for being routed from that mountain and having a bunch of their equipment and people blown up is murdering one helpless journalist.
Yay for you! You showed the world how powerful you are!
PS - You also took another step towards galvanizing multiple countries to stand against you.

Superpowered Werewolf

20,340 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
i think its about time for the US to remove kebab.

Newbie Noob

650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
time to nuke isis. ******** them. warn them to get the ******** out of Mosul or be nuked
powerdive54
i think its about time for the US to remove kebab.
You do know that "remove kebab" implies Turks, right?

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Let's turn this b***h into the next ******** Chernobyl.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff