Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Who cares? She'll be sent to the plastic surgeon to smooth out unacceptable defects soon enough and she'll be perfect thereafter regardless how repulsive her lineage is.

Sweet Tycoon

8,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kinda heard worse. But seriously North West. Wheres the list of stupid celebrity baby names when you need it?

Tipsy Player

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I like the name...though I have no interest in what their child looks like.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
North isn't any more stupid a name than:

Norbert, which means north bright.
Norman, which means northman.
Norris, which means northerner.
Norton, which means north town.
Norwood, which means north wood.

Also, here are some other names:

Caesar, means hairy.
Rebecca, means snare or to be bound.
Desmond, means South Munster.
Winona, means first born daughter.
Courtney, came from the word curtus, which means short.
Irving, meaning green water.

When you get down the the basic meaning of names, you realize that some of them have really odd meanings. Also, in China, they tend to name babies after words in their current language. You can have a person named, 桃 Táo (peach) 快乐 Kuàilè (happy). Surname peach, given name happy.

Also, why is it that nobody seems to give a s**t about people being named Summer, Autumn, Tuesday, Georgia, Carolina, Virginia, or Princess, but people will complain and b***h about people naming their kids equally thoughtful (or thoughtless depending on your perspective) names?

Unless someone purposely named their kid Shitfaced Schlong or something like that, nobody has any goddamn right to b***h about what someone names their kid.

If you want to b***h about Kim Kardashian, talk about how she has no talent and is boring. Don't b***h because she named her baby North. Not even the family name West makes it stupid.

5,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Damn. I don't feel bad at all because that baby was born into a rich family . So. Much. Money.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Doesn't matter,the baby is gonna be all kinds of messed up while she grows up.
I really hope the baby girl doesn't come out extremely messed up like her family,but sadly I doubt she'll make it out of that family mentally unscathed....>>;

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Blood Valkyrie

Caesar, means hairy.

When you get down the the basic meaning of names, you realize that some of them have really odd meanings. Also, in China, they tend to name babies after words in their current language. You can have a person named, 桃 Táo (peach) 快乐 Kuàilè (happy). Surname peach, given name happy.

Also, why is it that nobody seems to give a s**t about people being named Summer, Autumn, Tuesday, Georgia, Carolina, Virginia, or Princess, but people will complain and b***h about people naming their kids equally thoughtful (or thoughtless depending on your perspective) names?

Unless someone purposely named their kid Shitfaced Schlong or something like that, nobody has any goddamn right to b***h about what someone names their kid.

If you want to b***h about Kim Kardashian, talk about how she has no talent and is boring. Don't b***h because she named her baby North. Not even the family name West makes it stupid.

You seem to forget that Michael Jackson named both of his sons Blanket. And Princess is weird as ********. You are setting that child up for expectations only to shatter them in about five years. When I watched Precious all I could think was that her name was ironic. I'd like to name my child Anemone, but I don't want to destroy her spirit before she knows how to spell. Plus, studies show that giving your kid weird names is detrimental in the job market. The only locations that don't strike me as odd are the ones that were originally named after people.

What makes me angry isn't the name, it's the lack of forethought and caring for their own children. They knew North West was stupid, but because they're rich they don't care. That and the news will sensationalize it so much that they'll be able to make money off their "progeny" before she even thinks about anything but milk. It's their own little cash calf.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Alexander J Luthor
Blood Valkyrie

Caesar, means hairy.

You seem to forget that Michael Jackson named both of his sons Blanket. And Princess is weird as ********. You are setting that child up for expectations only to shatter them in about five years. When I watched Precious all I could think was that her name was ironic. I'd like to name my child Anemone, but I don't want to destroy her spirit before she knows how to spell. Plus, studies show that giving your kid weird names is detrimental in the job market. The only locations that don't strike me as odd are the ones that were originally named after people.

What makes me angry isn't the name, it's the lack of forethought and caring for their own children. They knew North West was stupid, but because they're rich they don't care. That and the news will sensationalize it so much that they'll be able to make money off their "progeny" before she even thinks about anything but milk. It's their own little cash calf.

I really don't care about Michael's kid's name being Blanket, especially since he's not the first person to name a child something that means blanket or something similar. When children insult other children for having odd names, it's the thanks to the parents of children who make the insults. Apparently these parents never taught their children to not be douchebags.

If the name North West doesn't upset you in anyway, then how are these parents being thoughtless with their children, since the name seems perfectly fine to you? Wait, so they know North West is stupid? That contradicts with your previous statement about the name not bothering you. If it's stupid, why doesn't it bother you? I'm sorry, but I'm confused.

As for the job market, well that's just something one must overcome. Potential employers will discriminate towards you for everything, from knowing how to spell, to looking a certain way, to age. Some of the reasons why they discriminate is unfair, some of the reasons are legal, some vice versa. By the way, they usually discriminate against names they can't pronounce well, or sound "too foreign." North is a word in the English language.

And let me state again, non-celebrities give their kids odd names or names with odd meanings all the time. Just because Kim is a celebrity that doesn't mean she doesn't have the same right as any other parent to do the same. If one insults a celebrity because they named their kid something odd, one probably needs to consider something else to insult. It's not a new thing. It's actually quite an ancient tradition to name one's kid something unique and even odd. There are some old Hebrew/Biblical names that have weird meanings. The name Adam actually means man. You might as well name a kid Man, because it has the same meaning. Asa means doctor in Hebrew. A king of Judah had that name. It was the same as naming your kid Doctor. Caleb means dog. Seriously. There was a guy out there somewhere named Dog in his language. Deborah means bee. Ophrah means fawn, as in the animal.

On a lighter and slightly unrelated note, I saw on Say Yes to the Dress, a woman named Aphrodite married someone named Achilles, and she assumed that meant they were meant to be. I thought Achilles and Aphrodite never even had an affair in Greek Mythology, unless I'm wrong. If the guy was named Adonis, Ares, or even Hephaestus I'd understand what she meant. xP

Magical Girl

North West ?
emotion_facepalm

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
emotion_facepalm

Fluffy Millionaire

6,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Blood Valkyrie
Alexander J Luthor
Blood Valkyrie

Caesar, means hairy.

I really don't care about Michael's kid's name being Blanket, especially since he's not the first person to name a child something that means blanket or something similar. When children insult other children for having odd names, it's the thanks to the parents of children who make the insults. Apparently these parents never taught their children to not be douchebags.

If the name North West doesn't upset you in anyway, then how are these parents being thoughtless with their children, since the name seems perfectly fine to you? Wait, so they know North West is stupid? That contradicts with your previous statement about the name not bothering you. If it's stupid, why doesn't it bother you? I'm sorry, but I'm confused.

As for the job market, well that's just something one must overcome. Potential employers will discriminate towards you for everything, from knowing how to spell, to looking a certain way, to age. Some of the reasons why they discriminate is unfair, some of the reasons are legal, some vice versa. By the way, they usually discriminate against names they can't pronounce well, or sound "too foreign." North is a word in the English language.

And let me state again, non-celebrities give their kids odd names or names with odd meanings all the time. Just because Kim is a celebrity that doesn't mean she doesn't have the same right as any other parent to do the same. If one insults a celebrity because they named their kid something odd, one probably needs to consider something else to insult. It's not a new thing. It's actually quite an ancient tradition to name one's kid something unique and even odd. There are some old Hebrew/Biblical names that have weird meanings. The name Adam actually means man. You might as well name a kid Man, because it has the same meaning. Asa means doctor in Hebrew. A king of Judah had that name. It was the same as naming your kid Doctor. Caleb means dog. Seriously. There was a guy out there somewhere named Dog in his language. Deborah means bee. Ophrah means fawn, as in the animal.

On a lighter and slightly unrelated note, I saw on Say Yes to the Dress, a woman named Aphrodite married someone named Achilles, and she assumed that meant they were meant to be. I thought Achilles and Aphrodite never even had an affair in Greek Mythology, unless I'm wrong. If the guy was named Adonis, Ares, or even Hephaestus I'd understand what she meant. xP
For me, it boils down to who the Kardashians are.They are globally famous people, rich and thus powerful. The issue here is actually that it seems they named the kid that way JUST for PR. I am not even joking. The whole thing just seems so damn bizarre, even more so when you think about the kid's parent's background.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PerfectlyNsane
Blood Valkyrie
Alexander J Luthor
Blood Valkyrie

Caesar, means hairy.

For me, it boils down to who the Kardashians are.They are globally famous people, rich and thus powerful. The issue here is actually that it seems they named the kid that way JUST for PR. I am not even joking. The whole thing just seems so damn bizarre, even more so when you think about the kid's parent's background.

I really don't care. Simply getting pregnant was probably for PR. Naming the kid North isn't even a real issue.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Doesn't matter what she named the kid (God, she's gonna suffer), her mommy and daddy are already making money off the poor kid. Yes, even without the fancy pictures, they're still making the dough because of all of the press.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff