Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
In what's being called a medical record in India, a 28-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh miscarried 10 babies in one night this week.

The Indo-Asian News Service reports that Anju Kushwaha delivered nine of the babies late Sunday night before she arrived at a hospital, where she delivered the 10th.

Doctors revealed Monday that all of the babies were dead at 12 weeks.

It appears fertility drugs may have contributed to Kushwaha's conception and unusually high multiple pregnancy. According to the Business Standard, doctors at the hospital said the miscarriages followed ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome -- a complication from fertility medication.

"It seems that that there was no regular follow-up of her pregnancy after [in vitro fertilization]," Dr. Sumitra Yadav, a senior gynecologist, told The Times Of India. "At least three offspring could have been saved by reducing the pregnancy."

While the birth of 10 children at once is rare, there have been other reported cases of doctors delivering a high number of babies in a single delivery. As Xinhua News Agency notes, a doctor in Rome claimed to have removed 15 from the womb of a 35-year-old woman in 1971.

Nadya Suleman, the "Octomom" who gave birth to eight babies in 2009, currently holds the Guinness World Record for most surviving children delivered in a single birth.

OMG
God she's lucky to be alive... holy crap. The amount of complications that could come from not only carrying that many, but even losing them all.. eek. So much blood loss i'm sure. That's crazy.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Why would anyone shell out money for in vitro fertilization and then not follow up with prenatal care?

Peaceful Bookworm

16,115 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Scarred Sword Heart
Why would anyone shell out money for in vitro fertilization and then not follow up with prenatal care?

Was wondering the same thing.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Holy crap. O_o

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Scarred Sword Heart
Because India.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
It's like those babies decided to nope all of the sudden... neutral

Lionheart

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
Holy ******** s**t.

That's really all I can say.
Fertility drugs should be outlawed.

With SEVEN BILLION ******** on this planet, if you can't pop out a ******** you, let's keep it that way.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
azulmagia
Fertility drugs should be outlawed.

With SEVEN BILLION ******** on this planet, if you can't pop out a ******** you, let's keep it that way.
Well if the beaucrats would stop red taping the kids maybe she wouldn't have implanted herself like the Octomom. In Europe they scam you if you don't take with the first egg you lose on 10 of thousands of dollar from you. Granted some of the tape is needed but every year they add more rules to the game and make it harder for folks to give kids forever homes.
Blame batman for this one lol rofl

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
THE TEARS OF THE SUN
Why would I ever blame that HUNK?
PantheaMarlon
THE TEARS OF THE SUN