Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
: Does that really stop anyone?
Prince Ikari
Well this is certainly some good news to cheer me up! 4laugh

I only hope that the Indian Parliament will respect this ruling by the Supreme Court and keep Section 377 in place from now on. This issue should be considered forever resolved if you ask me. I am though surprised that homosexual sex was ever even decriminalized in the first place given how traditional and rigid a country India is.

Wait. I would get why you might not want homosexual marriage, but why is it good news to you that someone is getting thrown in jail for something they do privately? Isn't that an intrusion of privacy which is supposed to be protected? I mean how else would they prosecute people who privately have sex? It would require surveillance, snitches and so on. Isn't that a human rights violation?

Prince Ikari
I did indeed say I did not feel that homosexuality should be criminalized. I also never said that homosexuals should be thrown into prison either. I only favor a law like this one for mere symbolism - to remind everyone that heterosexuality is the norm. If it were up to me there would be no penalties involved with it.

I am sorry. You may not be saying that you think it should be criminalized but you did just praised the fact that just having homosexual sex was criminalized. Which not only violates homosexual rights, but it also violates privacy rights for everyone including heterosexuals. How else are they going to know what you do in you own bed room unless you are blabbing about it? Even then they should have to prove what you are saying you are doing is true. In which that would involve an invasion of privacy. The same could be said for people that snitch on you. Even if someone does then they would have to prove it which would involve an invasion of privacy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff