Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Gekko

Elraine Figarette
Chief Chicken Choker II
MisdreavusPrincess
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This is a good thing. They should also penalize students for having underage sex.

Seriously, high school is for learning and not screwing around with stupidity.

It is not the school's place to determine what the students should do outside of school.
I was having underaged sex, and I smoked pot for about a year when I was a teen. However, I was having safe sex. I also graduated second of my class.

neutral

Students can be disciplined for actions taken outside of school grounds, which is well within their rights.

Seriously, this is a good thing. Pot may not have affected your academic performance, but it has for other students—and there's y'know, the whole illegal substance aspect of the thing. Not to mention that this would also catch binge drinking and harder drugs.

It isn't the school's place to tell students what they should do outside of school. Pot is not the end of the world and not that bad of a substance. If a person is failing at school, it isn't the pot doing it. The person was a lazy a** before consuming any drug. Many teenagers drink and turn out just fine. As for harder drugs, they will eventually either quit them or become addicted; the school catching them is not going to deter them from abusing a hard drug.

Ruthless Gekko

We Are Organisms
Chief Chicken Choker II
MisdreavusPrincess

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This is a good thing. They should also penalize students for having underage sex.

Seriously, high school is for learning and not screwing around with stupidity.

It is not the school's place to determine what the students should do outside of school.
I was having underaged sex, and I smoked pot for about a year when I was a teen. However, I was having safe sex. I also graduated second of my class.

neutral
Pot should be legal soon anyways. But yeah sex isnt end of the world. In fact I wish I got some crying lol my first sexual dreams I had was when I was 5. *shrugs* I think society is still crazy from stuff like the middle ages, but its probably how we ended up having progress of thought anyways. Just sometimes it doesnt seem fast enough lol.

People think this abstinence only bullcrap somehow is great, instead of teaching safe sex. Students need a comprehensive sexual education, not morals, so they can make educated decisions.
As for pot, I probably would have continued smoking it here and there if it didn't make me depressed and anxious.
I didn't have sexual feelings until 16, but I hit puberty at a later age.

Lily-livered Pieslinger

28,650 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Winged 100
  • Survivor 150
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

What a waste of money and gross intrusion of privacy!

If parents want to have their children tested, it should be their decision and responsibility. Schools aren't here to raise children, they're here to provide an education.

...no straight thing was ever made."
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

What a waste of money and gross intrusion of privacy!

If parents want to have their children tested, it should be their decision and responsibility. Schools aren't here to raise children, they're here to provide an education.

...no straight thing was ever made."

I second this. People don't think it violates privacy rights, but it does. I may not directly, but it does.

Quotable Informer

17,000 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pet Lover 100
Shana OHara
TommyKae
Yay for massive invasions of privacy. You know what else this does to people, it sets them up for the future. If you begin testing all students for drugs in years to follow it becomes a learned trait. Then when that student becomes and adult they are ready to comply with everything they are asked, for the greater good of course. Kids are too chicken s**t to stand up for their rights because they aren't aware they have any.

Young people are so incredibly stupid it hurts sometimes. Youth in high school regardless of age go unrepresented in their communities. Government doesn;t really care about you they just care that parents will vote their way. If they did in fact care then why would they let you sign your life away in the military but not allow you to make an equally adult decision to have a couple of beers or buy cigarettes.

Juveniles don't have the same rights as an adult and by law if a company requires a drug test, you can and will lose your job if you refuse it. Federal jobs have testing to the point of monthly. It doesn't go against privacy acts since drug usage is federal crime and since they are teens consequences need to be learned. There is also the point that the school has the shared responsibility to care of the child on their time and property. If the child is high on their time they can be held liable for any injuries the result. It actual smart of the school's part.
second this. Also they hair is a good idea. you can find if the kid did drugs at all in the last several weeks due to the hair. Shoot if the kid is being exposed to something toxic like rat poison they can also save them. Some teacher was being killed with rat poison and doctors found out by her hair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff