Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you believe the world will end this year?

yes 0.075862068965517 7.6% [ 11 ]
no 0.92413793103448 92.4% [ 134 ]
Total Votes:[ 145 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Lonely Phantom

13,000 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Nothing will happen this year or any other year to come for a long while.

The "prediction" the world ending in 2012 is simply a misreading of what the Mayans described as "one year coming to an end and another beginning". Mayans never accounted for the leap years our calendar has adopted, so therefore their calendar is not aligned with ours. It's actually behind (or maybe ahead..?) of ours.

December 2012 is just going to be another "rapture" moment where thousands of people kill themselves for no reason because they believe in some dumbass people postings blogs about false information.

If the world did end, however, I believe it would be with a Third World War. Why? Because America can't STFU and keep it's greedy little hands to itself. Why did we get involved in the middle east, or any other war anyway? Stupidity. That's why. If our past presidents had any SENSE in their tiny little brains they would realize that they should let the other idiots fight their wars. They could have taken Hitler down without us. And even if they didn't, so what? His views weren't the greatest when he died, but when he came into power his ideas weren't so bad. They were actually quite good, he just wanted to improve upon Germany's economy and living styles.

So, a third world war will happen. We will probably end in nuclear war, if anything. Since everyone nowadays has nukes, I don't think I'd be wrong. But I'm also now certain if a third world war will ever happen. [/shrugs.] It's all opinion and what crazy "theories" people believe in...

Omnipresent Cultist

The world wont end, maybe there would be a Economic Failure in a country or two, not every country is in massive debt or has had their housing market/ job market plummet.
As for 'god will end the world' talk believe what you will, I cant stop years of teachings forced into your head or hell even a few days worth in a simple post, its just not logically possible.

For thousands of years people have been talking of the 'end of the world'. Has it ended? No, maybe a major event such as the Plague, and long long before that Extinction of the Dinosaurs. The only way the world will ever end is if it suddenly imploded, which is highly doubtful, plenty of things would have to happen in order for it to be possible.
no the world will not end in 2012

Lucky Giver

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Athlete 50
Maybe. Just because our God may not end the world, the Mayan's gods may choose to. I'm not kidding by the way.

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
Rocks fall, everyone dies.
(joke answer, btw)
Even if the world were to end, I wouldn't want to know. BECAUSE I want to live carefree (for the lack of a better word) and not have to worry about what could tomorrow bring. This is the moment that we are living in, this is the only moment that matters because you could die tomorrow and you got to have no regrets.

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Probably when the sun reaches its death too far from now to panic.

Anyway, current Mayas don't think 2012 is the end its another cycle in their calendar. A cycle with their sacred number, 13.

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
how the movie said it would emotion_0A0

Vicious Bunny

15,150 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Empress Enelda
With the help of kyoji
so, i am doing a presentation on how the media has influenced propaganda on this 2012 end of the world.

i would like to hear what are some things you heard on how the world will end in 2012, where did you get this information,and why do you feel you are right

it doesn't matter if you are a believer or not, i just need some examples for my project.

because if any of you have noticed there are by far too many theories on how the world will end. some say a comet will hit earth, others the earth spins out of control and hit the sun ect ect.

i hope i explained everything right, and thank you for posting.

A mass extinction must occur eventually. I mean, it's the end of the world, right?
There is a difference between the end of the world and mass extinction.

Mass extinction = the end of us.

The end of the world = the end of everything.

Just because we are gone doesn't mean the world is.

Alien Star

20,425 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Bleading_Rose
Empress Enelda
With the help of kyoji
so, i am doing a presentation on how the media has influenced propaganda on this 2012 end of the world.

i would like to hear what are some things you heard on how the world will end in 2012, where did you get this information,and why do you feel you are right

it doesn't matter if you are a believer or not, i just need some examples for my project.

because if any of you have noticed there are by far too many theories on how the world will end. some say a comet will hit earth, others the earth spins out of control and hit the sun ect ect.

A mass extinction must occur eventually. I mean, it's the end of the world, right?

Actually if it were to be the end of the world, since it's the end of everything, then everything has to go extinct, therefore mass exticntion actually took place. By the way, my resuorces tell me that the definition of the term "mass extinction" is "The extinction of a large number of species within a relatively short period of geological time, thought to be due to factors such as a catastrophic global event or widespread environmental change that occurs too rapidly for most species to adapt" , and it's not just "us" that this term covers but for any species in existence. stare

Vicious Bunny

15,150 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Empress Enelda
Bleading_Rose
Empress Enelda
With the help of kyoji

Actually if it were to be the end of the world, since it's the end of everything, then everything has to go extinct, therefore mass exticntion actually took place. By the way, my resuorces tell me that the definition of the term "mass extinction" is "The extinction of a large number of species within a relatively short period of geological time, thought to be due to factors such as a catastrophic global event or widespread environmental change that occurs too rapidly for most species to adapt" , and it's not just "us" that this term covers but for any species in existence. stare
ah. I misunderstood. I was thinking more along the lines of what happened to the dinosaurs, they died off "Mass Extinction", yet the planet was still there and we are here today.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
It ends when it ends..That's that...

Alien Star

20,425 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Bleading_Rose
Empress Enelda
Bleading_Rose
Empress Enelda
With the help of kyoji

Actually if it were to be the end of the world, since it's the end of everything, then everything has to go extinct, therefore mass exticntion actually took place. By the way, my resuorces tell me that the definition of the term "mass extinction" is "The extinction of a large number of species within a relatively short period of geological time, thought to be due to factors such as a catastrophic global event or widespread environmental change that occurs too rapidly for most species to adapt" , and it's not just "us" that this term covers but for any species in existence.
ah. I misunderstood. I was thinking more along the lines of what happened to the dinosaurs, they died off "Mass Extinction", yet the planet was still there and we are here today.

Oh. Okay. I see what you meant. surprised

Man-Hungry Cleric

There could be another earthquake & tsunami in Japan that could wreck their nuclear power plants even more. This is probably why Newt Gingrich wants to build a Moon colony, so that he can live there while the rest of us get killed from the radiation. rofl

Questionable Borg

It will end when God feels like it needs to end, and no one knows when that will happen, it won't happen on Dec 21st, because we think it will end then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff