Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
jadedrenee
Alexander J Luthor
Mitsuki Horenake
...I never had a Sex-Ed class, then. I was never taught how to use a condom and the girl d**k. We did learn about contraception, though. I guess contraception is also in the Health class?

I take it your teacher was one who started and ended every class with "Abstinence, abstinence, abstinence!"

I had that one, in middle school. That was the second round of "sex ed"; the first was taught to us in 5th grade by a 60 year old virgin. Before the school got around to explaining things to me, I'd been having regular periods for a year. My mom's version of the talk went like this:

"You got your period, didn't you?"
"Yeah."
"You know if you get pregnant, I'm gonna kill you?"
"Yep."

During my first visit home after I'd gone away to college, it suddenly dawned on Mom that maybe my info was insufficient. She went on a rant about "always using con-domes" because she'd seen something on Montel Williams about a guy who deliberately infected people with HIV. It was all I could do not to laugh.
Wow, they had a sex-ed class in the fifth grade? My school (Ohio) waited until the seventh grade.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Darth Acheron
jadedrenee
Alexander J Luthor
Mitsuki Horenake
...I never had a Sex-Ed class, then. I was never taught how to use a condom and the girl d**k. We did learn about contraception, though. I guess contraception is also in the Health class?

I take it your teacher was one who started and ended every class with "Abstinence, abstinence, abstinence!"

I had that one, in middle school. That was the second round of "sex ed"; the first was taught to us in 5th grade by a 60 year old virgin. Before the school got around to explaining things to me, I'd been having regular periods for a year. My mom's version of the talk went like this:

"Yeah."
"Yep."

During my first visit home after I'd gone away to college, it suddenly dawned on Mom that maybe my info was insufficient. She went on a rant about "always using con-domes" because she'd seen something on Montel Williams about a guy who deliberately infected people with HIV. It was all I could do not to laugh.
Wow, they had a sex-ed class in the fifth grade? My school (Ohio) waited until the seventh grade.

Just the basic birds-and-bees. Kids can start hitting puberty once they hit the double digits, and the school didn't want anyone to freak out when they started bleeding or growing hair in weird places.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
jadedrenee
Darth Acheron
jadedrenee
Alexander J Luthor
Mitsuki Horenake

"Yeah."
"Yep."

Just the basic birds-and-bees. Kids can start hitting puberty once they hit the double digits, and the school didn't want anyone to freak out when they started bleeding or growing hair in weird places.
Yea, I knew that. Did they require the parents/guardians ok or did they just do it?

Feral Nymph

Darth Acheron
Yea, I knew that. Did they require the parents/guardians ok or did they just do it?

Personally, I don't remember needing a permission slip for the elementary stuff, but that was also a long time ago and my mother worked at the school, so the teacher could have just asked her.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
Pessimist
Darth Acheron

Personally, I don't remember needing a permission slip for the elementary stuff, but that was also a long time ago and my mother worked at the school, so the teacher could have just asked her.
That could be. I don't remember needing a permission slip either. We just went to health class one day and the teacher said this is what we're going over today.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Darth Acheron
Pessimist
Darth Acheron

That could be. I don't remember needing a permission slip either. We just went to health class one day and the teacher said this is what we're going over today.

I honestly don't remember.

OT: Traditionally, the common areas of public universities are also public forums, and most speech that goes on there is protected by the First Amendment. There are always going to be some people who don't like what others have to say in those areas, but as long as it passes the Miller test, the whining is rather toothless.

8,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
You know the average age a person in U.S. loses virginity is like 16 - 17 right? IMO they should give all this information (on how to have safe sex, including a**l) during your senior year of high school, preferably before prom time, so that if the kids who wind up doing it at least have the information to do it safely without hurting themselves.

Keltoi Samurai
Pessimist
I like how the article is so nakedly biased against this.

Quote:
Remember when Colleges and Universities prepared young men and women to work in professional fields like Accounting, Chemistry, and Geology?

Yeah, those days are long gone.

Yeah, because attending an short, optional seminar is the exact same thing as a course for your degree.

As for the actual content of the seminar? I absolutely do not care. It's not my cup of tea. If it's yours, you should be able to learn how to do it safely and not just rely on the education the internet provides.

To be fair, those days are long-gone, it's just got nothing to do with the actual subject of the article.

I mean, for the last fifty years or so, we've seen the college degree go from a serious matter in a legit course of study, to the point where college degrees qualify you for nothing but teaching others your course of study at the university level.

I mean, we live in a world where you can get your doctorate in Pop Culture Studies, Women's Studies and Hip Hop Dance, which prepares you for nothing but working int he Pop Culture Studies, Women's Studies and Hip Hop Dance departments of other universities that offer those courses of study.

Honestly, if they DID offer "Butt Stuff" as a major course of study, it'd actually be something that at least a few students could use in their day-to-day lives outside of the university, y'know?

Aaah, I see now why they have a problem with this course. They think this is all aimed at getting prostitution to be legalized.

Yes. Next thing you know, all prostitutes will need a doctorate degree in "sex therapy" and charge a co-pay at the door before you even get to the good part... and get to refuse to do it with you because your insurance doesn't cover it. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff