Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
Connecticut woman Debra Denison shoots grandkids, then herself

A WOMAN who picked up her two young grandsons from daycare drove them to a neighbouring town and shot and killed the children and herself.
The bodies of 47-year-old Debra Denison and her grandsons, 2-year-old Alton Perry and 6-month-old Ashton Perry, were found on Tuesday night in a car parked near Lake of Isles in Preston, Connecticut.

State police called the deaths a double murder-suicide, saying they believe Denison shot the boys and herself. Autopsies were planned.

Family members said Denison had bipolar disorder and a history of mental health problems.

Tuesday was Alton's second birthday. Denison picked up the children from their daycare in North Stonington on Tuesday afternoon and was supposed to bring them home so Alton could open his presents, family members said.

"I wanted him to come home and play with his new toys and have a good day," Alton's mother, Brenda Perry, told WVIT-TV.

In Facebook postings, Brenda Perry thanked people for their prayers and said she loved her sons.

"God (has) two beautiful angels helping him now," the postings said. "My boys are in an amazing place we got a few great angels watching over us. love you Ashton and alton."

On Monday she wrote: "So excited making mini cupcakes and play dough for Altons day tomorrow can't believe 2 years old already. So blessed"

Perry and her husband, Jeremy, told WVIT that Denison had a gun and suffered from split personalities.

Denison was armed with a gun when she left her home on Tuesday afternoon and had permission to pick up the boys from the daycare, state police spokesman Lieutenant J. Paul Vance said.

A phone message seeking comment was left at the daycare, Kidds & Co. A posting on the daycare's Facebook page said, "Our love and prayers are with the Perry family ... we are here to offer our support to all our families and staff."

The bodies were found at about 9:30 pm (1:30pm Wednesday AEDT) on Tuesday, about two hours after state police issued a statewide Amber Alert for Denison and the boys.

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
my god..that is terribly sad! those poor boys!

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Quote:
Family members said Denison had bipolar disorder and a history of mental health problems.

Gonna say this whole thing could be partially put on the family for letting such a nutjob pick up the kids.

Sure, sounds like a brilliant plan, let the mentally unhinged lady, who apparently owns a gun, pick up her grandkids. What could possibly go wrong?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
That is sad, but if they knew she had problems like that she shouldn’t be picking up the kids. On that note, I’d wonder if she was even authorized to pick them up in the first place. was she not getting help or on whatever she needed to be on to help her bipolar disorder.

Its a terrible shame what happened to those kids.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
My grandmother was nicer than that. Both of them.

Fluffy Loiterer

Mental health is so tragic sometimes. I have an aunt that's bipolar and schizophrenic and I can't imagine her ever doing something like that.

Wintry Dragon

So tragic. Was she even being treated?

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I can't believe something like this could happen. Why would someone do something like that to their grandcchildren?!

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

s**t like this is why I believe anyone who has behavioral health issues should not legally be allowed to own a gun. Bipolar? Anti-psychotics? More than one personality? No gun for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff