AliKat1988
x-Garethp-x
AliKat1988
CosmicJazzKitten
As double-edged as this may be... I hope she actually DID make it up AND that she was not threatened into saying she made it all up... the latter is quite reflective of most societies.

Then again, either way it's bad for rape victims. On one hand we have people inflating the amount of false rape claims (people lying and people using liars to make the claim that most rapes are made up) Makes it hard for rape victims to come forward.

On the other hand we have people who actually were raped, but can't come forward with it OR actually did then got so many threats they had to retreat and never seek justice.

Wonderful right?
She did not confess until a lot of holes developed in her story so I would bet not and I can actually see how easy it would be to find holes in it. It might have needed investigation but it is strange that rapists would dropped her off in a rich neighborhood-I linked back to the article before this one and it said she was dropped off at waterloo avenue at castle hill-looked it up for sydney and found some expensive houses. Also I suspect in the investigation process that owners of green sedans were slowly dropped from the list, her best description of one of the guys was quite vague (white, looks 25, chubby, beard and wearing red and white shirt) and other people were probably leaving the party around that time and should have been likely to see something but did not. It might have also came out in discussions with the therapist her parents sent her to as I imagine it would be hard to keep the lie convincing to a professional who sees rape victims.

It's not that rich. It's alright, good schools, about middle-income.
Ok, I guess it just looked rich based on property values compared to what houses often sell for in my area-upper middle class probably pay that much to own their houses, while middle middle class pay just a couple hundred thousand. Still, I would not expect rapists to drop someone off in a nice housing area-it is weird.

Definitely. It's one of the safest areas around. Waterloo Road is only about a 5 minute drive from the police station too