Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Warlord

Keltoi Samurai
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Bunai
Should I be surprised.
Even his past history online reveals that he has no regard for human life. As already seen with the incident that got him more attention in second place.

His past history online? Do share?

Can't speak for what he has done on the internet but...

He has been arrested for attacking a police officer.
An ex-girlfriend has filed a restraining order against him.
He's been in numerous fights and has an explosive temper.
He lied to the media about how well-informed he was about Florida's SYG law.
He lied to a judge about his assets when asked about them.
He's been ticketed twice in what? 2 months for speeding.
His wife wants a divorce.
He has shown no remorse for killing Martin or regard for what his parents have gone through. His wife has.
And now he's been involved in yet another dispute.

This guy keeps tempting fate with his brushes with the law and is either a complete idiot or thinks he doesn't have to follow society's rules.

restraining orders are rather easy to get against an ex, and "attacking an officer" can mean anything from swinging on a cop, to getting swung on by an off-duty cop who's had too much to drink, to just being in the wrong place at the wrong time ( like at an Occupy Rally, for instance ) and the cops wanted something easy to falsify to haul you in. Those things need more details to be meaningful.

And the last I saw, Florida's SYG law was included in a textbook in a course he took, but the professor insisted it wasn't covered. Did that change?

Also, it was the wife that lied, and was charged and convicted of perjury.

Zimmerman was in a bar with a friend. His friend was being questioned by a police officer about whether they were of age to drink. Zimmerman shoved the police officer and got arrested.

Zimmerman was alleged by his former girlfriend to have committed domestic violence. She got a restraining order against him. His current wife wants to divorce him for his alleged violent temper and allegedly threatening to kill her family.

Newbie Elder

6,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • First step to fame 200
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3
Oh god I literally just saw this on the news. He has zero self-awareness, either that or he secretly wants to go to jail. If we (ie the public) had gotten over his trial already, I'd say he just misses the spotlight, but it's still a big enough topic that I'm pretty sure he's just dumb.

In this case, it might very well be standard divorce mudslinging.

It's hard to have a standard sort of anything when your face is all over the national news and your actions have inspired riots. He's not lying low at all, which is what any sane person would do after being acquitted of murder with an entire nation watching. He's going to get himself arrested for something one of these days if he continues as he has been. I'm not sure I particularly care outside of the fact that it seems like he has no idea that he's under scrutiny, which is kind of weird.

Well, in this case, he may have thusly acted, or she may have falsely accused him of acting, knowing that the public wouldn't question so hard considering the recent trial.

What's more likely, that he's unaware of the scrutiny he's under, or that she's perfectly aware of it?

That's an honest question, mind, and "both are equally likely," "they aren't mutually exclusive" and combinations of the above are equally valid.

Oh I see, you meant that his wife (ex-wife? soon to be ex-wife?) is just making a fuss about the divorce? I for some reason got the opposite impression when I first read that.
Though I kind of don't buy that as an explanation. It's possible, but it seems like a lot of effort to go through when she could just, you know, get a divorce. But then I suppose you'd have to a bit off to marry George Zimmerman in the first place. Though, I am more inclined to believe that there was a fight and that he did motion to his gun or whatever.
And I honestly don't know what either of them think, but their actions give me the impression they are unaware or simply don't care. Both of which I think are mistakes given the situation.

Well, the reason for her to make a fuss is to have ammunition to use against him in divorce court.

The more of a victim she can make herself out to be, the more she can get out of him, basically. It's used more often in custody cases, but money can be a powerful motivator, too.

I understand why that would be the supposed reason, but I am at a loss as to why you came to that conclusion over a much simpler one: She and Zimmerman fought, he motioned to/grabbed his gun, the police were called. Unless, of course, you're just considering other possibilities. There are a lot of potential ways to explain anything though, and given that Zimmerman did in fact shoot someone dead (regardless of how you feel about the case/verdict he did shoot and kill Trayvon) I'm more likely to believe that he was about to or did resort to violence.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Bunai
Should I be surprised.
Even his past history online reveals that he has no regard for human life. As already seen with the incident that got him more attention in second place.

He has shown no remorse for killing Martin or regard for what his parents have gone through. His wife has.

This guy keeps tempting fate with his brushes with the law and is either a complete idiot or thinks he doesn't have to follow society's rules.

restraining orders are rather easy to get against an ex, and "attacking an officer" can mean anything from swinging on a cop, to getting swung on by an off-duty cop who's had too much to drink, to just being in the wrong place at the wrong time ( like at an Occupy Rally, for instance ) and the cops wanted something easy to falsify to haul you in. Those things need more details to be meaningful.

And the last I saw, Florida's SYG law was included in a textbook in a course he took, but the professor insisted it wasn't covered. Did that change?

Zimmerman was in a bar with a friend. His friend was being questioned by a police officer about whether they were of age to drink. Zimmerman shoved the police officer and got arrested.

Zimmerman was alleged by his former girlfriend to have committed domestic violence. She got a restraining order against him. His current wife wants to divorce him for his alleged violent temper and allegedly threatening to kill her family.

Lot of use of "alleged," there. That's proof of nothing other than that people have accused him.

And what became of the assaulting an officer charge?
Keltoi Samurai
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Bunai
Should I be surprised.

Lot of use of "alleged," there. That's proof of nothing other than that people have accused him.

Welcome to the Crimson Brigade soldier - don't let me catch you causing any trouble! Now get out there and round up some recruits!

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
pink_onigiri_3
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3

It's hard to have a standard sort of anything when your face is all over the national news and your actions have inspired riots. He's not lying low at all, which is what any sane person would do after being acquitted of murder with an entire nation watching. He's going to get himself arrested for something one of these days if he continues as he has been. I'm not sure I particularly care outside of the fact that it seems like he has no idea that he's under scrutiny, which is kind of weird.

Well, in this case, he may have thusly acted, or she may have falsely accused him of acting, knowing that the public wouldn't question so hard considering the recent trial.

What's more likely, that he's unaware of the scrutiny he's under, or that she's perfectly aware of it?

That's an honest question, mind, and "both are equally likely," "they aren't mutually exclusive" and combinations of the above are equally valid.

Oh I see, you meant that his wife (ex-wife? soon to be ex-wife?) is just making a fuss about the divorce? I for some reason got the opposite impression when I first read that.
Though I kind of don't buy that as an explanation. It's possible, but it seems like a lot of effort to go through when she could just, you know, get a divorce. But then I suppose you'd have to a bit off to marry George Zimmerman in the first place. Though, I am more inclined to believe that there was a fight and that he did motion to his gun or whatever.
And I honestly don't know what either of them think, but their actions give me the impression they are unaware or simply don't care. Both of which I think are mistakes given the situation.

Well, the reason for her to make a fuss is to have ammunition to use against him in divorce court.

The more of a victim she can make herself out to be, the more she can get out of him, basically. It's used more often in custody cases, but money can be a powerful motivator, too.

I understand why that would be the supposed reason, but I am at a loss as to why you came to that conclusion over a much simpler one: She and Zimmerman fought, he motioned to/grabbed his gun, the police were called. Unless, of course, you're just considering other possibilities. There are a lot of potential ways to explain anything though, and given that Zimmerman did in fact shoot someone dead (regardless of how you feel about the case/verdict he did shoot and kill Trayvon) I'm more likely to believe that he was about to or did resort to violence.

Well, I've come to no conclusion, I'm merely pointing out probable reasons other than the default "let's get him for this, since we couldn't get him for that"
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3
Keltoi Samurai
pink_onigiri_3

Well, I've come to no conclusion, I'm merely pointing out probable reasons other than the default "let's get him for this, since we couldn't get him for that"
Why be a healer, a thief, or a mage when you can be a warrior? NO REASON! Welcome to the Crimson Brigade!

Shy Shapeshifter

Bunai
Should I be surprised.
Even his past history online reveals that he has no regard for human life.
Of course, he executed that poor innocent angel Trayvon for NO GOOD REASON! WHY?!

Also what the Hell is up with these damned NPC's EVERY OTHER POST?

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Benjamin Willow
Bunai
Should I be surprised.
Even his past history online reveals that he has no regard for human life.
Of course, he executed that poor innocent angel Trayvon for NO GOOD REASON! WHY?!

Also what the Hell is up with these damned NPC's EVERY OTHER POST?
They want everyone to be involved in a strange event where you recruit people to different colors by quoting them. I found out exactly how the event works: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/valefor-school-grounds/event-guide-help/t.87886991/

Omnipresent Warlord

Keltoi Samurai
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Omnileech
Keltoi Samurai
Bunai
Should I be surprised.

Because until it is proven in court, it is alleged. I'm sure that Zimmerman alleges he didn't pull a knife several times to threaten people and didn't threaten anyone when he showed up armed and allegedly didn't start the confrontation. So of course there was no proof. Nobody happened to record it and the witnesses were the ones making the allegations.

When Zimmerman attacked a police officer the charges ended up being reduced resulting in Zimmerman being mandated to enter an alcohol education program rather than jail time.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

The lying wife who is going through a divorce is throwing as much s**t around as possible to get as much out of it as possible, what's new?

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

WOW, a man with a temper and a record and who got away with killing a kid has a TEMPER?! I am shocked that he would threaten his wife and father-in-law.

If you can't get that sarcasm, I don't know what to tell you.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Well, really, if he had killed her, it would've been in self defense.
I mean, she was threatening him with divorce and he could well have felt that he was in danger.

Newbie Elder

6,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • First step to fame 200
Divine_Malevolence
Well, really, if he had killed her, it would've been in self defense.
I mean, she was threatening him with divorce and he could well have felt that he was in danger.

I certainly hope that's sarcasm, but I honestly can't tell.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Hawk Karas
The lying wife who is going through a divorce is throwing as much s**t around as possible to get as much out of it as possible, what's new?
You seem to be fond of your own baseless assumptions.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Valiant Corvus
Hawk Karas
You seem to be fond of your own baseless assumptions.

Less baseless than your own assumptions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff