Welcome to Gaia! ::

ArmstrongSparkle
I see no reason for gay marriage to be illegal. Marriage is a choice that two humans make to show their love for one another. What gives someone the right to deny that to people?
In the first amendment it prohibits making laws that impedes the free exercise of religion. You can be christian, you can be atheist, you can be Muslim, you can be Hindu, you can be Buddhist, but for some reason you can't be gay. It's just a bunch of fearful people too insecure about themselves to have beliefs different from their own. Try as I might, I cannot think of a good argument for banning gay marriage.I'm not gay, but I have friends who are and I do not think it's right to infringe on their liberty!

Actually, legal marriage is not about love. It's about people getting a tax break.
People who oppose gay marriage, and those who use the "love is love" argument don't understand what the core problem is, and its not about love.

Gays can actually marry, have a ceremony, dress up, eat a cake, etc. There is no wedding gestapo that will come around and prevent you from having a party and simply saying they're married (unless you live in some backwater community that would make a mob and hunt you down).

What gays cannot do is sign a paper for the government saying that they're married, and thus cannot get a tax deduction.

Edit: Did you just compare being homosexual to practicing a religion?
Red Bear Ruskie
ArmstrongSparkle
I see no reason for gay marriage to be illegal. Marriage is a choice that two humans make to show their love for one another. What gives someone the right to deny that to people?
In the first amendment it prohibits making laws that impedes the free exercise of religion. You can be christian, you can be atheist, you can be Muslim, you can be Hindu, you can be Buddhist, but for some reason you can't be gay. It's just a bunch of fearful people too insecure about themselves to have beliefs different from their own. Try as I might, I cannot think of a good argument for banning gay marriage.I'm not gay, but I have friends who are and I do not think it's right to infringe on their liberty!

Actually, legal marriage is not about love. It's about people getting a tax break.
People who oppose gay marriage, and those who use the "love is love" argument don't understand what the core problem is, and its not about love.

Gays can actually marry, have a ceremony, dress up, eat a cake, etc. There is no wedding gestapo that will come around and prevent you from having a party and simply saying they're married (unless you live in some backwater community that would make a mob and hunt you down).

What gays cannot do is sign a paper for the government saying that they're married, and thus cannot get a tax deduction.

Edit: Did you just compare being homosexual to practicing a religion?

Marriage is about a lot of things including rights and love. Next of kin and the right to make medical decisions for your spouse when he/she cannot, anyone?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff