Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

An alleged gas thief was violently flung in the air when her accomplice tried to drive away before the suspect let go of the pump.

A surveillance camera from the gas station in Brisbane, Australia, caught the entire scene on tape.

In the video, a woman in a pink top is filling up a red car when a gas attendant comes over. That's when the driver, seemingly in a panic, starts to drive away.

The suspect is then thrown in the air as the pump tears off, and gas begins flowing out.

She falls to the ground but quickly gets up and jumps in the car as it takes off.

According to The Australian, fire and rescue crews were called to the scene to ensure that the area was safe.

Police are now trying to trace the woman and the driver. Officers told The Australian that the two suspects could be charged with dangerous driving and petrol theft.

*snigger*
Bah. If you're going to risk jail by stealing something at least make it worth while.

Wintry Dragon

Shama_okami
Bah. If you're going to risk jail by stealing something at least make it worth while.
I don't know. That gymnastic routine was pure gold.

Loyal Exhibitionist

I wonder why her accomplice panicked and bolted like that. The gas attendant was likely just checking on them and seeing if they required assistance. There are gas stations where a gas attendant would come out and pump gas in your vehicle. They probably parked in such a spot which made the gas attendant come out.

Honestly, if they were going to get busted because of suspicion or just pure luck they would just cut their looses and pay for the gas and try elsewhere after their tank is nearly empty.

I'm not surprised they tried to steal gas, the gas prices are starting to get more and more absurd nowadays, especially during the summer.

Lonely Browser

lmao im surprised she was even able to get up that quick.

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
A mali
Shama_okami
I don't know. That gymnastic routine was pure gold.

Stupidity: If you are going to do it... go for gold?

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
and the judges have scored the performance
Intelligence: 0.0
landing: 10.0
Is the driver a common criminal, or something? sweatdrop

Lonely Regular

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Because we have so much gas theft in my town, the pumps won't activate till you insert a credit card or pay the cashier inside the building.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Zahvan
Because we have so much gas theft in my town, the pumps won't activate till you insert a credit card or pay the cashier inside the building.

This is what needs to happen at all gas stations. They may be expensive, sure, but you'd actually save more money in the long run since people cannot steal gas that easily.

Tipsy Smoker

Hasuki Aatisuto
Zahvan

This is what needs to happen at all gas stations. They may be expensive, sure, but you'd actually save more money in the long run since people cannot steal gas that easily.
I dont know any gas station in my state that doesnt use this system.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Chahklet
Hasuki Aatisuto
Zahvan

I dont know any gas station in my state that doesnt use this system.

Where I am, there are a few gas stations that doesn't require you to pay first, but they're quite out of the way anyway. The gas stations I actually do go to does have such a system set in place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff