Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zered Heizien

little did they know that 4chan and 8chan have an id system which identifies each posters posts, which is placed near your post number and viewable by everyone, which made is painfully obvious that it was an antiGGer trying to drum up false bullshit like always.
it was a fail of astronomic proportions.

Okay then, you got some kind of evidence that those were in fact pointed out to be the same poster and an army of sockpuppets?

Also, what about the other IRC chat logs?

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
What.
DA:O is a game where in a medieval society women and men are pretty much equals. I didn't find any sexism in it, to be honest.
GSK Lives
Okay then, you got some kind of evidence that those were in fact pointed out to be the same poster and an army of sockpuppets?
the id is all thats needed.
its the same as if you made a thread on gaia and then replied to yourself 6 times trying to act as different people even though we can all see that youre the same person.
think of something like this except instead of a tripcode its the id.
Quote:
Also, what about the other IRC chat logs?
not sure what you mean.

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
Whatever happened to the days of super nintendo where everybody played video games? When I was a kid arcades were packed with guys and girls.

Superpowered Werewolf

20,340 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
Just a reminder that anti-GG has been just as bad as they claim #GG to be

Shy Fairy

19,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Timid 100
powerdive54

It's become really bad on both sides. The thing that really sucks is neither side is really willing to discuss anything with each other and allow for honest, civilized debate.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
Omnileech
Ryo Tarn
Omnileech

Quote:
That the police cannot legally tell a person with the right permit that they are not allowed to attend, when there is a ******** death threat is ******** up regardless or what anyone thinks of Anita Sarkeesian. By any sensible criterion, the right of Sarkeesian to speak in a secure environment trumps the right of gunloons to pack heat wherever and whenever they feel like it.

Public officials and other celebrities deal with it all the time, even in your country. You don't strip law-abiding citizens of their constitutional rights as a "precaution" after some threat.
Wrong. Canadian guns laws are quite specific and strict when it comes to carrying firearms. We do not allow civilians to carry guns around like that; and the provinces can further regulate and can allow cities to further regulate guns so that even if the federal government deems an area as being okay to hunt in the city can say no. One important law right away means it's illegal to transport a weapon with ammo in it.
Authorization to carry licenses are rarely granted, only temporary, and only granted to civilians when there is a clear need for them to protect their lives (imminent danger) and it is deemed that law enforcement is not sufficient. They also have to pass a safety course first. Nor do you have a constitutional right to a gun here.

So yeah; we can and will ban guns from events. In fact:

89. (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, carries a weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition while the person is attending or is on the way to attend a public meeting.

As you can see we already do.

That's not remotely what I meant. Public officials and celebrities, even in Canada, still face the prospect of getting shot when out in public and just because a threat is issued doesn't mean you arbitrarily strip constitutional rights on a whim in the name of public safety. So yes, even if concealed carry is more uncommon in Canada it still happens and at any time you're in public you could be nearby someone armed with a gun whether you know it or not. My point stands.
You're wrong. In Canada a citizen cannot concealed carry a gun to a public event. You have no constitutional right to a gun.

We absolutely can and will lock things down if there's an issue; and we will set up bag checks, metal detectors, etc. at events if there's a threat and prevent any weapons from being taken inside.

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
nitznitz
What.
DA:O is a game where in a medieval society women and men are pretty much equals. I didn't find any sexism in it, to be honest.

*cough* Medieval-based. Actual medieval society lacked equality in just about every sphere going wink *history nerd scuttles off*

Ice-Cold Wolf

Ice-Cold Wolf

Morbid Gnome
Blood Valkyrie
Morbid Gnome
Blood Valkyrie
As for so called feminists who think there is something anti-woman about video games, clearly, those people have not played enough video games. I've seen so many strong, capable, wonderful female characters in video games it's ridiculous!
I'm a feminist who has played many video games. I think there is a problem with the way women are portrayed in video games, just as there is a problem with the way women are portrayed in magazines and on television. There are a few wonderful female characters in games, but there are also a great many who are not so wonderful. So yes, I'm completely against the GG movement and its rather futile effort to keep gaming as a boy's club that caters to their whims.

The gaming community in general is pretty ******** toxic toward women. This GG nonsense is just bringing mainstream attention to an issue that has been going on for a long time.

As another feminist gamer, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. razz
Perhaps I have simply have yet to experience anything negative.
Then you're either lucky or amazingly unaware.

To speak about the mmo community alone, I have:
  • Heard men say that they should have harassed a woman about her weight to the point that she developed an eating disorder, all because they thought she was a bad player
  • Had a former guild officer tell me "You wouldn't have been kicked if you weren't female."
  • Had a guy go on a several minute rant about 'bitches' in games telling him how to play, with me being the b***h du jour for telling him he wiped a raid
  • Had men tell me that they were masturbating to the sound of my voice
  • Been told that when I ******** up or play poorly, it's because of my gender. Men who ******** up or play poorly do not get told this.
  • Been harassed in a game and received no help from in game support staff. I'd like to say this had nothing to do with a gender bias or perception of blame, but it's awfully suspicious when days worth of documented harassment leads to nothing, but a one-line insult leveled at a male friend of mine got the abuser an immediate suspension.
  • Had a guild leader tell me that when the sexist talk gets too bad, just let him know and he'll intervene. When it gets too bad. Because I'm expected to put up with a fair bit of kitchen jokes, talk about how women just suck at games, talk of a guildmate taking photos of his naked neighbor who accidentally left her blinds open, questions about what it's like to be a lesbian(I'm not) because I have some interest in women, and statements that I must be fat and unattractive simply because I hadn't shared a photo of myself yet.

This is a community who thinks it's okay to ask a famous actress what color her pubic hair is in front of thousands of people and who boos a woman for asking that characters don't all look like lingerie models. The commentary on that second link from various important people who work on the game is also appalling(Afrasiabi is just gross) and shows just how little respect they have for women.

So from what I understand, you want to be taken seriously by male gamers?

There is a hot debate going on about what defines a "gamer girl". Google images: gamer girl
http://watchful-observer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/guuurl_gamer_vs__girl_gamer_by_oosnowcroweoo-d4w21x7.png
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zered Heizien
Quote:
Lol, keep trying.
truth hurts
Quote:
Let me get one thing straight though, the women in question get threats and post screen shots and people call them fake, but the jilted lover posts screenshots and it's suddenly undeniable evidence?
i havent seen the evidence that harassment claim #1335241 is made up so i cant say how accurate that claim is.
also, there is no evidence to support that GG was behind any harassment.
ZQ and AS have been harassed long before GG was ever a thing, and will probably be harassed long after GG if they continue to act the way they do.

Eron posted videos proving that the chatlogs were real.
far more evidence than the other side whose only evidence is "i purposefully antagonize a large group of people, someone took the bait and said bad things to me! come to my defense and give me news coverage!"

the latest attempt being especially hilarious with an antiGGer posting on 8chan claiming to be the "leader of gamergate" and saying bullshit like "we're gonna harass more people like always and blah blah blah" then replying to themselves several times agreeing with the OP, then screencapping it and going "SEE? 8CHAN AND GG ARE EVIL!!!!"
little did they know that 4chan and 8chan have an id system which identifies each posters posts, which is placed near your post number and viewable by everyone, which made is painfully obvious that it was an antiGGer trying to drum up false bullshit like always.
it was a fail of astronomic proportions.

It must be fun living within the group who isn't constantly being pressed down or smeared by others when it comes to all this s**t.

And what is this "continue to act the way they do" bullshit? Act as themselves, as people who are more passionate about a project close to them? Are you saying they deserve it because they're infringing on some little "boys club"?

Oh, but of course, I forgot you're credentials that make your observations about how accurate a claim is or is not. Yes I forgot what kind of clout the username "Zered Heizien" carries. About as credible as anyone else on this forum, I'm afraid.

Are you really sitting at your laptop and typing this whole "antiGGer posted on 8chan" bit and expecting us to not think your tinfoil hat is askew? Seriously, I thought I was pretty naive in all of this but damn, don't you know there are people out there on the internet that like to ******** with both sides "for the lulz"?

So... since you seem so well-informed, I image the identity of this supposed AntiGGer;s farce has been widely exposed and reported to some media outlet?

And then from there on in GGers will go back to actively dogging the AAA game making companies for their unethical behavior?

Oh wait....
powerdive54

Still wondering why this is supposed to be so believable when the women being harassed were called fakers for the same thing...
Shader-san
It must be fun living within the group who isn't constantly being pressed down or smeared by others when it comes to all this s**t.
implying GGers arent being harassed at all hours of the day by not only pretty much every video game website and many video game journalists but pretty much everyone else who is antiGG.

cause its not like people havent been fired from their job for supporting GG(by antis calling/emailing their bosses and lying), or had a gamejam shut down due to ZQ not liking their policy(and also had them blacklisted, which resulted in $10,000 in damages), or had several websites DDoS'd for supporting GG, or had their info doxxed and proudly spread by antiGGers(and threatening that more people will be doxxed if they dare say anything negative about ZQ or AS), or had a syringe mailed to them with an unknown substance within it.

GGers will shun and distance themselves from people who use the #GG tag for harassment.
antiGGers encourage harassment of people who use the #GG tag and in at least one instance bribed people to harass ZQ while using the #GG tag.
Quote:
And what is this "continue to act the way they do" bullshit? Act as themselves, as people who are more passionate about a project close to them?
"continue to act the way they do" as in purposefully and 100% willfully antagonizing large groups of people and try to play the "poor me" card when someone takes the bait.

Quote:
Are you saying they deserve it because they're infringing on some little "boys club"?"
if you think GG is about harassment or wanting to keep women out of gaming you do not know what GG is about.

Quote:
Oh, but of course, I forgot you're credentials that make your observations about how accurate a claim is or is not. Yes I forgot what kind of clout the username "Zered Heizien" carries. About as credible as anyone else on this forum, I'm afraid.
ad hominem all you want, it wont make your position better.

Quote:
Are you really sitting at your laptop and typing this whole "antiGGer posted on 8chan" bit and expecting us to not think your tinfoil hat is askew?
considering how proud antiGGers are with themselves about faking harassment in order to paint GG in a bad light, and have done so in the past, nope.

Quote:
Seriously, I thought I was pretty naive in all of this but damn, don't you know there are people out there on the internet that like to ******** with both sides "for the lulz"?
doesnt change that there are also antiGGers who will willingly shitpost to try to put GG in a bad light.

intelligent shitposters at least know about 4/8chans id system and will work around it(and have).
dumbass shitposters dont, and will shitpost, reply to themselves agreeing with themselves multiple times, then screenshot it and try to use that as evidence of harassment.
this has happened many times in the past(long before GG was ever a thing) and it is always funny to see them try.

Quote:
So... since you seem so well-informed, I image the identity of this supposed AntiGGer;s farce has been widely exposed and reported to some media outlet?
implying the media gives a s**t about anything that isnt antiGG.

Quote:
And then from there on in GGers will go back to actively dogging the AAA game making companies for their unethical behavior?
GG doesnt give a s**t about game making companies.
you would know this if you actually knew what GG was about.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
KingNot
So from what I understand, you want to be taken seriously by male gamers?

There is a hot debate going on about what defines a "gamer girl". Google images: gamer girl
http://watchful-observer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/guuurl_gamer_vs__girl_gamer_by_oosnowcroweoo-d4w21x7.png
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Honestly, I find the "guurrl gamer vs. girl gamer" narrative kinda insulting. Whenever I meet people in MMOs, I'm expected to prove that I'm not 'one of those' girls. It's kinda exhausting. So what if a girl isn't super hardcore into games and likes announcing her gender? She wouldn't do it if dudes didn't give her attention. If that's how she wants to play, power to her.

All I want is to play the game without people judging my gender(a gender which I shouldn't have to go out of my way to hide or make excuses for). I want to be judged on my skills as a player, just like all the dudes out there. I don't want to be treated any better or worse because I've got boobs.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Zered Heizien
if you think GG is about harassment or wanting to keep women out of gaming you do not know what GG is about.
What notable accomplishments has the movement achieved? What headlines has it made? Because all I'm seeing is some people from the GG crowd harassing women and that making the news.

Zered Heizien
considering how proud antiGGers are with themselves about faking harassment in order to paint GG in a bad light, and have done so in the past, nope.
I don't believe these women--at least not all of them--have the necessary skills to send themselves harassing messages and not get caught when the FBI goes to investigate. If they were faking it, they'd be caught.

Zered Heizien
Quote:
GG doesnt give a s**t about game making companies.
you would know this if you actually knew what GG was about.
Then what the hell is the movement about? Most GG supporters say that it's about preserving ethics in gaming journalism, and now you're saying that isn't important. So unless you're about to let the cat out of the bag and admit that it's about preserving straight white males as the core target demographic for games, I'm at a loss now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff