Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
chocolate milkk
Ratttking
Aww, how sweet. rolleyes

ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
You tell me.

You were kidding when you said you didn't know who they were... right?
No, and I didn't feel interested enough to look them up.

Don't do it. Don't burn those braincells, use them on something productive.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
chocolate milkk
Ratttking
Aww, how sweet. rolleyes

You tell me.

OK, thanks for warning me, I won't look them up. Not sure if what I'm doing is productive, reading specifics on medical conditions that disqualify one from military service. Never heard of cervical (neck) ribs before, but learning about them led to an interesting article suggesting that the extinction of mammoths may have been hastened by inbreeding.
https://peerj.com/articles/318/

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
You tell me.

OK, thanks for warning me, I won't look them up. Not sure if what I'm doing is productive, reading specifics on medical conditions that disqualify one from military service. Never heard of cervical (neck) ribs before, but learning about them led to an interesting article suggesting that the extinction of mammoths may have been hastened by inbreeding.

Inbreeding allows a greater chance for recessive genes to pop up. Some, like blue eyes, freckles, and a less hairy disposition aren't that bad. But the others... Progeria, harlequin ichthyosis, cystic fibrosis... those can be terrible.

Recessives are pretty interesting actually. Check out how they spread in a familial chart:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

12,925 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
Ratttking
Oh good, I'm glad to hear that that incredibly lame show is finally off the air. Maybe Comedy Central will put some actual comedy in its place.

Alexander J Luthor
Valiant Corvus
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
chocolate milkk
Ratttking
Aww, how sweet. rolleyes

You tell me.

I'm envious of those who don't. Seriously.

I absolutely refuse to give Bill O'Reilly any attention anymore. Whether he's spilling his heart out to the world with every fiber of his being, in which case he's a trashy nutjob, or others are right and he sold his soul for cold hard cash and he's simply "parodying" the insane right agenda, in which case he's a lowly pig who deserves no respect from anyone, I cannot get behind a person like that. It just pisses me off too much.

Good lord, if you think that's bad, your head would probably explode if you listened to Micheal Savage....

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Imogene_Agape_Weasley
Ratttking
Oh good, I'm glad to hear that that incredibly lame show is finally off the air. Maybe Comedy Central will put some actual comedy in its place.

Jeff Dunham would be a great replacement.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Ratttking
You tell me.

Inbreeding allows a greater chance for recessive genes to pop up. Some, like blue eyes, freckles, and a less hairy disposition aren't that bad. But the others... Progeria, harlequin ichthyosis, cystic fibrosis... those can be terrible.

Recessives are pretty interesting actually. Check out how they spread in a familial chart:
Hutchinson–Gilford progeria syndrome is actually caused by a new mutation so it is not likely to be inherited as most people with the disease do not live long enough to breed.

It might be nice if that dispersal were so regular, but those are just the odds. A couple could carry harmful recessives and have all their children be normal/carriers, or they could have their whole brood turn out messed up. I think the latter might have happened to a family on my old street, every single one of their kids was defective but they kept making more, finally got one whose only problem was severe ADHD. Previously they had one born profoundly deaf, one blind and paralyzed, and one severely mentally retarded with a large, deformed head, I think there was a fifth but not sure - I avoided them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff