Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Parents who lost their two children in the 2004 tsunami claim to have found their daughter 10 years later
Raudhatul Jannah was given up for dead by her family
Mother says her brother spotted a girl who looked like the long-lost girl
Jannah was rescued by a fisherman and raised by the fisherman's mother, who called her Wenni

An Indonesian girl has been reunited with her family 10 years after she was swept away by the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami, her mother claims.

Four-year-old Raudhatul Jannah and her seven-year-old brother were separated from their parents while holding onto a floating piece of wood in the tsunami waters, when it hit her West Aceh home on December 26, 2004, reported DPA.

Jannah's mother Jamaliah, 42, and her husband survived and searched for their children, but stopped after one month, assuming the children had died in the devastating tsunami.

In June, Jamaliah's brother spotted a girl who bore a resemblance to Jannah and made inquiries about her. He discovered that she had been swept from Aceh in the 2004 tsunami to remote islands southwest of the province.

The girl was rescued by a fisherman and brought back to the fisherman's mother, now an elderly woman, who named the girl Wenni and raised her, reported AFP.

Jamaliah and her husband visited the girl in the nearby Aceh Barat Daya district in late June and found it was their daughter.

'My husband and I are very happy. I am so grateful to God for reuniting us with our child after 10 years of being separated,' Jamaliah told AFP.

'My heart beat so fast when I saw her. I hugged her and she hugged me back and felt so comfortable in my arms,' she said.

Jamaliah also said she could not stop the 'tears from flowing' during the reunion.

Jannah was reunited with her family on Wednesday and returned to her hometown.

'This is a miracle': Four-year-old girl swept from her parents in Boxing Day tsunami is 'reunited with her family' 10 years later

Wintry Dragon

Awww! I love stories like this one. heart

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
So long as the girl isn't forcefully ripped out of the olderly woman's care screaming and crying this is a good story.

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
that is so sweet

Hilarious Loiterer

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Aww...! I wonder how the woman who took care of her feels now, though? I wonder if she's alright. Best of luck to everyone in this, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff