Beloved Spirit

10,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
MegaTurkey
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Let me be the first to point out the fact that they didn't treat him with the Ebola treatment that they gave the Dr.s that survived... They said the cure won't work on people with melanin.... No, I'm not playing the race card, just stating what I heard, as you all are, I must add this because
I have found that SOME people get highly offended when CERTAIN things are pointed out....
Who are 'they' exactly? Do you have an article to back your assertion?

See here's the thing, I don't see anyone else having to post anything to "Back their assertion"
If one wants to know the truth, the news is the last place to look...
I feel like I have the right to express myself and share my opinion of what I heard without having to "Prove" anything to anyone... I haven't asked anyone to prove anything to me, I find out for myself...
If a person doesn't know how to do their own research I'm the last person to look towards...

I don't need to google that to know it's complete and utter rubbish. You don't have a right to spread bullshit when there is a risk to public health involved. If you want to chat s**t, simply leave healthcare out of it. Googling something or reading about something on wikipedia is hardly "research," if you knew what that was you wouldn't be posting crap like this; unfortunately other people just like you don't understand what it is they're reading and are inclined to follow the crap you inadvertently spread, for their sake, don't do it and stick to talking about things you do know.

More Sheeple
You can be angry all you want, it won't change anything
I have every right to post whatever I want, where ever I want...
rolleyes
I haven't said anything to the effect that it's not a real problem, so what's your problem....

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Let me be the first to point out the fact that they didn't treat him with the Ebola treatment that they gave the Dr.s that survived... They said the cure won't work on people with melanin.... No, I'm not playing the race card, just stating what I heard, as you all are, I must add this because
I have found that SOME people get highly offended when CERTAIN things are pointed out....

See here's the thing, I don't see anyone else having to post anything to "Back their assertion"
I feel like I have the right to express myself and share my opinion of what I heard without having to "Prove" anything to anyone... I haven't asked anyone to prove anything to me, I find out for myself...
If a person doesn't know how to do their own research I'm the last person to look towards...
Ah, so you've just pulled this out of your a**. 3nodding

Believe whatever makes you sleep better at night...
rolleyes
Sheeple
3nodding
I believe that you are full of s**t as my research turned up nothing valid saying that ZMAPP is less effective on darker-skinned individuals. Keep believing Internet rumors though, it makes for an entertaining read when you post testimonials about them.

Omnipresent Warlord

MegaTurkey
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06

I don't need to google that to know it's complete and utter rubbish. You don't have a right to spread bullshit when there is a risk to public health involved. If you want to chat s**t, simply leave healthcare out of it. Googling something or reading about something on wikipedia is hardly "research," if you knew what that was you wouldn't be posting crap like this; unfortunately other people just like you don't understand what it is they're reading either and are inclined to follow the crap you inadvertently spread, so for their sake don't do it and stick to talking about things you do know. 3nodding

Yes, CarlaGal06 is lying. She is spreading a racist conspiracy theory.

Beloved Spirit

10,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06

rolleyes
Sheeple
3nodding
I believe that you are full of s**t as my research turned up nothing valid saying that ZMAPP is less effective on darker-skinned individuals. Keep believing Internet rumors though, it makes for an entertaining read when you post testimonials about them.

I rest my case...
3nodding rolleyes
Now that you've proved me wrong somehow, I hope you feel supirior, in some way LoL!
Trying to discredit someone who doesn't believe EVERYTHING they hear on the news, must be hard work *Chuckle*
CarlaGal06
MegaTurkey
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06

I don't need to google that to know it's complete and utter rubbish. You don't have a right to spread bullshit when there is a risk to public health involved. If you want to chat s**t, simply leave healthcare out of it. Googling something or reading about something on wikipedia is hardly "research," if you knew what that was you wouldn't be posting crap like this; unfortunately other people just like you don't understand what it is they're reading and are inclined to follow the crap you inadvertently spread, for their sake, don't do it and stick to talking about things you do know.

More Sheeple
You can be angry all you want, it won't change anything
I have every right to post whatever I want, where ever I want...
rolleyes
I haven't said anything to the effect that it's not a real problem, so what's your problem....

Sheeple lol
Rights rofl

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
CarlaGal06
The article mentions that they eventually did give him experimental medication. They were just slower about it. It might not have been the same one, but it is a different area-the local research meds are likely different. It is not racism but advantages by social class and on the job connections that got the doctors better treatment. He didn't have friends who could pull strings looking out for him in the medical field-they did. The doctors at his hospital barely knew him-there was less emotional investment. The ZMapp used on the doctors (and a now dead Spanish priest) was given to 3 Liberians-who are African and have plenty of melanin. The survival rate was no different for caucasians-2 out of 3 cured, 1 in 3 died anyway.

Beloved Spirit

10,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
AliKat1988
CarlaGal06
The article mentions that they eventually did give him experimental medication. They were just slower about it. It might not have been the same one, but it is a different area-the local research meds are likely different. It is not racism but advantages by social class and on the job connections that got the doctors better treatment. He didn't have friends who could pull strings looking out for him in the medical field-they did. The doctors at his hospital barely knew him-there was less emotional investment. The ZMapp used on the doctors (and a now dead Spanish priest) was given to 3 Liberians-who are African and have plenty of melanin. The survival rate was no different for caucasians-2 out of 3 cured, 1 in 3 died anyway.

ok, thanks for the clarification 3nodding

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06
Ratttking
CarlaGal06

rolleyes
Sheeple
3nodding

It isn't even what they said anyway. That was taken out of context by somebody somewhere and then misrepresented.
I can't remember what the exact words were but that it is not effective for some patients (never said anything about race but said something about being infected) and that for some patients, a comment was made something to the effect that the cure would be horrid. CBS made a report on it with an interview of somebody (details escape me)

Cure is also very expensive. Nobody in any of the labs wanna deal with it directly. So they built a protein alternative to make the cure from. It is very time-consuming too, which is why they won't have enough of it til they are able to find a way to mass produce it.

@ anyone who relies on google all or almost exclusively for their news: there are times when a news websites are way better to get your info from. CBS is one of the better ones to use. They don't just find and report the news. They investigate.
There are others around the world just as good.
CarlaGal06

i was just browsing, but holy s**t, that's such an ignorant position to hold.

are you in high school? you will not go far in a professional capacity with that attitude. opinions are opinions, but just because someone asks you to provide a source, being wilfully ignorant and refusing to back down in the face of evidence is the definition of being a "sheeple". if you won't take in new information and adjust your views, who is then the one that listens to the sheeple? confirmation bias is a dangerous thing, and spreading misinformation even more so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff