Devoted Genius

8,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Lady Leopardess
The-Real-Youth
Lady Leopardess
It's not even like it's only religious schools that have rules you have to follow and can be fired if you don't.

Such as many part time work jobs make people sign things saying that they won't speak ill of their company on social networks sites and such.

She knew she was breaking a rule so .... I really don't feel bad for her.

The only excuse would have been if she had been raped , then it wouldn't have been a choice.
This same situation happened to my mother. She worked at this christian sunday-school and when she was pregnant with me, they fired her for being un-married. There were no requirements were you had to be married in order to be pregnant on the job.
your grammar confuses me.
but if there was a moral clause in her contract then again , not having sex until marriage is one of the main ideals in Christianity , so she knowly broke the rule.

With as many people needing jobs these days, companies can demand that employees follow things such as restricting freedom of speech and such because they know they can just replace you with someone else if you don't want to follow those rules.
Break rules= you really didn't need/want the job that much.
I admit, my grammer is not the best, but how does it confuse you exactly?

Are you implying my mother was supposed to know she would get fired for this? There was nothing in the contract she signed stating that having kids outside of marriage was not permitted. I'm sure this is not a regular "rule" most employers put in their clauses.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
The-Real-Youth
Lady Leopardess
The-Real-Youth
Lady Leopardess
It's not even like it's only religious schools that have rules you have to follow and can be fired if you don't.

Such as many part time work jobs make people sign things saying that they won't speak ill of their company on social networks sites and such.

She knew she was breaking a rule so .... I really don't feel bad for her.

The only excuse would have been if she had been raped , then it wouldn't have been a choice.
This same situation happened to my mother. She worked at this christian sunday-school and when she was pregnant with me, they fired her for being un-married. There were no requirements were you had to be married in order to be pregnant on the job.
your grammar confuses me.
but if there was a moral clause in her contract then again , not having sex until marriage is one of the main ideals in Christianity , so she knowly broke the rule.

With as many people needing jobs these days, companies can demand that employees follow things such as restricting freedom of speech and such because they know they can just replace you with someone else if you don't want to follow those rules.
Break rules= you really didn't need/want the job that much.
I admit, my grammer is not the best, but how does it confuse you exactly?

Are you implying my mother was supposed to know she would get fired for this? There was nothing in the contract she signed stating that having kids outside of marriage was not permitted. I'm sure this is not a regular "rule" most employers put in their clauses.

This part " There were no requirements were you had to be married " is that suppose to be where you had to be married . ( not trying to be a grammar nazi just said that to mean I wasn't sure. ^_^; )
As I said only if she signed a contract with a moral clause, and seeing as sex outside of marriage is generally frowned upon (in Christianity in this case) so it should have been obvious. However if there was nothing like a moral clause in the contract then that's a different case entirely and then she shouldn't have been.

I wouldn't be surprised if many religious schools have rules such as that for the teachers though because teachers are suppose to be role models.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
It's funny how most of you jumping to the conclusion that 'all Christians are mean' just because she breached her contract.
This is just the same as any other contract: if she worked at a company which states that your attire is a white shirt and black pants, no piercings, heavy make-up, wacky hairstyles/colors and tattoos, she'd be fired if she showed up one day wearing a piercing and sporting a visible tattoo.
She knew the rules, she knew that it was a private institution, where they choose to do things their way if she wanted to cheat her contract she'd have kept quiet and married the guy before her pregnancy was visible.
And I'm certain that the school was not the one who went public with the story, but the teacher herself.
All in all, her fault.
i can see both sides of this, as a teacher you are to lead by example but on the other hand teachers are people too they have a right to have a life outside of school. i was raised christian but am a proud pagan and i don't care what anyone says Christianity is a very complex hypocritical religion. i mean the mother Mary was impregnated by a nameless faceless spirit. whos to say this teacher didnt encounter the same phenomenon?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I don't think I'd want this woman teaching my kids if I had any. not because of her impending b*****d, but because she is too stupid to teach if she cannot understand the morality clause she agreed to when she accepted the job.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Ratttking
I don't think I'd want this woman teaching my kids if I had any. not because of her impending b*****d, but because she is too stupid to teach if she cannot understand the morality clause she agreed to when she accepted the job.
Thats one way of saying it. To bad we are gonna end up paying for her b*****d baby anywho.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xdivision_whitey
Ratttking
Thats one way of saying it. To bad we are gonna end up paying for her b*****d baby anywho.
Maybe she'll miscarry or have a stillbirth.

Distinct Flatterer

5,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
i really dont care for either side of this argument, teacher violated her contract, to bad, but religion is really starting to tick me off. this incident really has nothing to do with it, but its how we treat one another. every body hates the muslims right now because of the extremists like osama, why then did no one hate christians because of hitler or the crusades. its like christianity and catholocism( right word?) are untouchable and are able to pick on whoever they want.

another thing i noticed a few posts very anti baptist. the whole part of my mothers side was raised baptist including me( although i prefer to ignore any religious labels and chose to simply believe in god, jesus, and the devil being a major d-bag, essentially just the basics) and im just curious as to why. no disrespect, just curious, i have heard negative things like that from multiple places, and i whanna now the reason. and i beg you to please be somewhat polite, please.

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
castrillo
Yay! More republican christians with strong conservative values believing in "jobs" and getting as many people back to work as possible! heart heart heart

I honestly believe christians are the worst people on earth.

Dnt you think that is kindof stareotype? I mean im a christian, and i dnt do bad things! And u cnt blame it on all christians, jus blame it on the ones who r the ones actually doing it. Now id think wat happened was rite either, but i am jus sayin.

Tank chu.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ratttking

You don't seriously wish that on anyone do you? That's just seriously cruel. Even more than firing a pregnant woman in an economic crisis.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yilanti Midnight
Ratttking

You don't seriously wish that on anyone do you? That's just seriously cruel. Even more than firing a pregnant woman in an economic crisis.
If I had 3 wishes from a jinni I would not waste one on her unborn brat. There is nothing cruel about firing someone for contract violations.
Alright, I am a Christian here and i have to say that everything that is put into the media about us is always to make us look bad. I can understand here that what was done is completely wrong. If they were a TRUE Christian school, they would still love her and except that she made a mistake by breaching her contract and allow her to stay. To put an expected mother out into the cold because she had sex outside of marriage is just cruel.

Not all Christians are what you call "mean and hypocrites" Especially about the gay community. I have friends who are gay!!! Just because i think what they do is wrong doesn't mean i should hate them. I have a friend who has had an abortion but that doesnt mean i dont love her!! (btw she is my best friend for 12 years and still going strong)

It goes to show that there need to be tolerance and love. Because we are to love our neighbors and that is to say if they are from any religion, any way of thinking, any way of "living". And also, for those who have said things about what i believe, and you dont agree with me, doesn't mean i hate you.

We are all human and all humans make mistakes. And as for the school that did this to the woman, again i say what you did is wrong and uncalled for but still i dont hate you. Because i know God doesn't.

(I do not want to offend anyone with this but i do believe i have the right to speak my peace.)
Just wanted to say that I am a Christian and proud to be one, I'm not mean or cruel to others. Sure the crazy far out there Christians give all of us nices ones a bad name but thats normal for any group or orginaization, you always here about the bad and never the good.
I have to agree with the school here. If she knew that it was written in her contract that getting pregnant out of wedlock would end with her termination then she should have been smarter then to get pregnant. She is supposed to be a role model to the students that she is teacing and coaching. What type of role model is she being if she is breaking the rules that were set before her. Sure it is a harsh thing to do to a women who is newly pregnant and has a family but if she and her boyfriend/fiance wanted to have a child so badly then they should have and could have waited until after the wedding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff