Welcome to Gaia! ::

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
She ******** deserves several nice, hearty meals and a huge amount of rest after standing there for 13 hours without being allowed to eat or take even a bathroom break.
Kit Kat Purrpurr

ok

Sebikaku

Thankyou heart

I don't have much money but they will no doubt have something to contribute to after this, I assume maybe Planned Parenthood. For standing 13 hours, I'm really moved that someone would go so far for people. Her act alone diminishes them, but especially given how they've treated her tonight.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Haven't people like read dictionaries or whatever in previous filibusters? If so, the Texan government should be facing some sort of punishment or whatever for striking against her for talking about sonograms? Jesus.

previous known filibusters happened in front of the Congress Senate, not the Texas Senate. When it comes to each individual state Senates, however, they have their own rules for filibusters. A few people on another site have pointed out that in Texas, the rule is that you MUST stay on topic while filibustering or else it counts as a strike against you.
Yeah the rules on the Filibuster in Texas are apparently MUCH stricter than in other places, which just makes what Wendy has done more incredible.

Just tuning in during parts of her speech I was able to understand clearly what she was talking about.

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
SamhainStar
Kit Kat Purrpurr

ok

Sebikaku

Thankyou heart

I don't have much money but they will no doubt have something to contribute to after this, I assume maybe Planned Parenthood. For standing 13 hours, I'm really moved that someone would go so far for people. Her act alone diminishes them, but especially given how they've treated her tonight.

Figured you deserved to see it. I only took your fourth paragraph, since it really hit home with me.
http://kitkatpurrpurr.tumblr.com/post/53903312658/for-a-lot-of-people-this-is-not-about-saving

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Oh wow, that's your blog!? You just reblogged something from me not too long ago.

Whoops, the blog was KKPurry, my bad. xd

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Sebikaku
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Oh wow, that's your blog!? You just reblogged something from me not too long ago.

Oh? Who are you? :3

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Can't believe they decided to vote on the bill after the deadline-so wrong

Summery Seeker

OH MY GODDD I've been watching this for the past three hours, this is crazyyyy.
I can't ******** believe they tried to vote after midnight, saying that the crowd cheering "didn't count" towards the countdown to midnight....

I'm getting all my news from here: https://twitter.com/mikestatesman
Lots of different reports from senators.... democrats saying they never voted?
So Wait are the really reconvening? Because I need to see someone fight this nonsense.

Fuzzy Kitten

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Marathon 300
If this passes I'm moving to Canada. Screw this.

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kit Kat Purrpurr
Sebikaku
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Oh? Who are you? :3

I changed my post, sorry. xD

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
And they just cut off the main feed because they don't want anymore people seeing how corrupt this is.
Typical.

Dangerous Pumpkin

9,900 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
What amazes me is that they're voting after midnight, which is explicitly against their own rules. They went after Davis for a minor rule infraction and they're committing a much bigger one? Holy crap do these people ever hate vaginas.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
neatflocks
OH MY GODDD I've been watching this for the past three hours, this is crazyyyy.
I can't ******** believe they tried to vote after midnight, saying that the crowd cheering "didn't count" towards the countdown to midnight....

I'm getting all my news from here: https://twitter.com/mikestatesman
Lots of different reports from senators.... democrats saying they never voted?
Yeah, I've been tuned in for the past 4 hours or so, after watching bits and pieces throughout the day.

The pro-life senators have been twisting and ignoring the rules every step of the way. It's so shameful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff