Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
gin and puff 2
Does anyone know how the lady died, by the way?

At this point, they can probably only speculate. Without an autopsy, they can't know for sure. And since they've been keeping her on life support, they sure as s**t ain't done an autopsy yet.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Silvia Crow
You want zombies? 'Cause this is how we ********' get zombies.

Honest to God, I'm waiting for some doctor to say "******** this" and pull the plug without the consent of the family. This is going into morbid territory the likes of which is rarely seen, even in horror movies.

The family are the ones wanting to pull the plug. It's the hospital that's refusing to do it.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
xXFurygeistXx
Silvia Crow

Honest to God, I'm waiting for some doctor to say "******** this" and pull the plug without the consent of the family. This is going into morbid territory the likes of which is rarely seen, even in horror movies.

The family are the ones wanting to pull the plug. It's the hospital that's refusing to do it.

Likely due to the potential for legal trouble I suppose. Welp, can't blame'em. I feel the governor or whoever should step in and say "yeah, this is ******** up and doesn't count, pull the plug".

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Silvia Crow
xXFurygeistXx
Silvia Crow

Likely due to the potential for legal trouble I suppose. Welp, can't blame'em. I feel the governor or whoever should step in and say "yeah, this is ******** up and doesn't count, pull the plug".

Its the laws that the government put into effect that is the whole reason they aren't pulling the plug. The family wants to discontinue life support because that was the womans wish. There is a law that states a person may not withdraw or withhold life-sustaining treatment under this subchapter from a pregnant patient. This is not life-sustaining treatment as Marlise Munoz is technically dead but is being kept alive by a hospital that it likely misinterpreting the law.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Steam Punk Adept
This is what happens when Pro-Lifers have any kind of power. Women become nothing more than incubators.
They act like people are on the verge of extinction. =/

Well maybe level headed people are but still. That poor lady needs to have her wish fulfilled, and that poor husband needs to be able to cope with his wifes death without all this unnecessary bills and drama from the hospital.

Seriously, what hope does the fetus have at this point? If it does live, it will probably have major problems throughout it's entire life, and if not, then they all suffer for nothing.
The solution to this is pretty simple.

The man in question should personally visit the Attorney General of Texas, bringing along a notary public - not identified as such - just to clear up in advance if the case would be prosecuted if the plug were indeed to be pulled.

If the AG says it wouldn't, then the notary public would write up a document witnessing the refusal to press charges, which would be shown to the hospital administrator.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
That fetus has a very slim chance that it'll be born alive, but if it is, it's quality of life won't be decent. I swear, these are Pro-Lifers to an extreme, it's just dangerous when they make the laws, and this is a perfect example of why. It's like this woman isn't even a human being, she's just an incubator, and to hell with what her family thinks about it. This is like something you'd see in a horror movie, it's twisted and disgusting.

Evolved Hunter

azulmagia

The man in question should personally visit the Attorney General of Texas, bringing along a notary public - not identified as such - just to clear up in advance if the case would be prosecuted if the plug were indeed to be pulled.

If the AG says it wouldn't, then the notary public would write up a document witnessing the refusal to press charges, which would be shown to the hospital administrator.

I think I heard on the radio today that one of the legislators even said the law was interpreted incorrectly. Hopefully I'm remembering that correctly because this is insane.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Super Fightin Robot
azulmagia

I think I heard on the radio today that one of the legislators even said the law was interpreted incorrectly. Hopefully I'm remembering that correctly because this is insane.

I read that too that it was being interpreted incorrectly. That it wasn't designed to be used on someone who is technically dead.

The sad part is that baby died with its mother over a month ago, time to accept gods will and move on.

Undead Enchantress

Zombie incubator still around? You know where ground zero is going to be. gonk
Let them go. Let them go.
Pretty scary.... confused

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
That poor baby, to suffer like this because of morons. :/ That poor man, forced to watch. This just stinks of bullshit from start to finish.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Was disgusting the first time I heard of it, even more so now.

Pull the god damn plug already. It's obvious that it most likely won't survive, and even if it does it won't maintain a quality of life that would even be remotely considered "living".

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Erynne
Zombie incubator still around? You know where ground zero is going to be. gonk
Let them go. Let them go.

Well if it DOES go zombie, what better place than Texas where damn near everyone has a gun?

Evolved Hunter

Malee
Super Fightin Robot
azulmagia

I read that too that it was being interpreted incorrectly. That it wasn't designed to be used on someone who is technically dead.

The sad part is that baby died with its mother over a month ago, time to accept gods will and move on.

Yeah, that's pretty much what they said. I think the guy on the radio also said there was a difference between being brain dead and being in a vegetative state - the law applies more to the latter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff