Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Not sure how valid this is but its exploding on twitter...

Quote:
The story is gaining attention after a woman known as ‘Lana’ posted the article on the blog “Injustice Stories.”

Lana says she didn’t know who the father of her baby was after becoming pregnant in 2012.

The woman claims she became a feminist after she had a negative encounter with a man while flying to San Francisco on her way to an Occupy Wall Street rally. The man allegedly told her she should “know” her place.

As her pregnancy led to the fifth month, Lana had envisioned giving birth to a baby girl. When the doctor told her she was having a boy, she had a meltdown.

“I was in shock, I started crying, weeping at the thought of what I was about to curse the world with,” Lana wrote.

“I couldn’t bring another monster into the world. We already have enough enemies as it is. It didn’t matter that I would be raising a son, he would still come into contact with boys, men, perhaps even the suit jockey who would inevitably twist his carefully constructed upbringing with their kindness. He would think ‘These men aren’t so bad, why would mom say that they are holding me down?’ Not all men are bad, my driver showed genuine concern for my well-being that day and I may have taken my anger out on him. That may have been uncalled for. But I knew what I had to do.”

Source
Blog source

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
As someone who is pro-choice, let me just say, this isn't something I support. I do not support abortion based on gender.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I'll support her freedom of choice, but that's a pretty s**t reason.

OG GO

In this instance we should be allowed to incite a death penalty, that should be considered murder of the first degree. Killing an unborn innocent life, because you don't want to bring another "Monster" into this world. Please, the only monster I see here is this half cocked j** for brain wannabe feminazi. Sh should be put in her place, an unmarked grave that is. sad
I'm not sure how much I trust a random blog that doesn't appear to have been sourced for validity. The story seems strange in the sense that if someone hated guys that much why would they ever sleep with one?

Sadly abortions based on gender preferences are nothing new. Millions and millions of fetuses and infants are killed across the world because they are the undesired gender, which typically translates to female in most countries. It is a really disturbing, sad practice.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Good for her. No one should bear a child they do not want.

Conservative Regular

Maybe they should sterilise her
She does not sound like a individual who should have a child.

Oh and put her on the child offenders registry to make sure she is not ever put in a position of responsibility over a child.

Seriously though this sounds fake

This woman seems fine having lots and lots of causal unprotected sex with lots and lots of men then because some random chap said she should be in the kitchen or something she turns in to a extreme feminist.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ratttking

No, not "good for her." The second part of your statement is fine and dandy, but this woman didn't want this fetus to go to term because it would become corrupted by men and become a "monster." This is not a reason to get an abortion. Its ludicrous. Rape, , general well being, financial burden...those are good reasons. "I just don't want to have a kid right now." Fine. But "Its going to turn into a woman hater just because its male..." Something's not right with her...

Dapper Werewolf

4,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I respect everyone's choice but to me if you don't want a child whether it be for a good reason (like deformity or if it will injure the child/mother) or this shitty extremist's reason. Give the kid a chance and give it up for adoption ?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Ratttking

No, not "good for her." The second part of your statement is fine and dandy, but this woman didn't want this fetus to go to term because it would become corrupted by men and become a "monster." This is not a reason to get an abortion. Its ludicrous. Rape, , general well being, financial burden...those are good reasons. "I just don't want to have a kid right now." Fine. But "Its going to turn into a woman hater just because its male..." Something's not right with her...
Sure it is.The offspring being male would disrupt her general well-being - if she is even real. Do you have a reliable source or just an anonymous blog?

Time-traveling Senshi

SparklySenpai
I respect everyone's choice but to me if you don't want a child whether it be for a good reason (like deformity or if it will injure the child/mother) or this shitty extremist's reason. Give the kid a chance and give it up for adoption ?

True or not when you read what she wrote the thought of putting the baby up for adoption would not be an option for her because she still would have been bringing a "monster" into the world and she wouldn't be able to live with herself.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ratttking
Kaiser Khorosho
Ratttking

Sure it is.The offspring being male would disrupt her general well-being - if she is even real. Do you have a reliable source or just an anonymous blog?

Just an anonymous blog... sweatdrop I just saw it on twitter and posted it it here. It seemed to be generating discussion there and on the blog site itself. If anything its a good hypothetical to talk about.

Quotable Prophet

I don't deny that it could happen (and that such a thing is common in a number of places), but given that the story is online with generic names and all, are we sure it's not a troll? Because this seems more the sort of thing one would come up with to troll people.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Ratttking
Kaiser Khorosho
Ratttking

Just an anonymous blog... sweatdrop I just saw it on twitter and posted it it here. It seemed to be generating discussion there and on the blog site itself. If anything its a good hypothetical to talk about.
Then ask to get it moved to a different forum, this is for news, not speculating on fictional scenarios.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Considering I find gender-based abortions ******** up, if this is real I'm gonna be pissed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff