Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Loki903
The-Real-Youth
No, we don't need more video games with the "overly-sexualized-female-character" stereotype. It's ostracizing the female gaming community and reinforcing sexist potrays of women.

C'mon guys, did Harley Quinn really need to wear that revealing nurses' outfit in Arkham Asylum?

Ma'am if you hated that you'd vomit at her outfit in her new comic book uuh suicide squad I think it's called and in the next batman game... I miss her original outfit, it at least went with her name. and honestly if they want boobs then I guess thats their opinion but don't do it just cuz fans demanded it... good lord for those people thats what the internet is for *facepalms* or hacking games in the most extreme cases I've heard of... ugh...
I do prefer her jester outift better.

HimeKeesho's Wife

Shy Bachelorette

34,075 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Cookie Collector 400
xdivision_whitey
Loki903
The-Real-Youth
No, we don't need more video games with the "overly-sexualized-female-character" stereotype. It's ostracizing the female gaming community and reinforcing sexist potrays of women.

C'mon guys, did Harley Quinn really need to wear that revealing nurses' outfit in Arkham Asylum?

Ma'am if you hated that you'd vomit at her outfit in her new comic book uuh suicide squad I think it's called and in the next batman game... I miss her original outfit, it at least went with her name. and honestly if they want boobs then I guess thats their opinion but don't do it just cuz fans demanded it... good lord for those people thats what the internet is for *facepalms* or hacking games in the most extreme cases I've heard of... ugh...
I do prefer her jester outift better.

Same it was much classier and really could be more form fitting and better on anyone to wear when dressing up as her.... now due to my size I can't even try to find the old outfit since it's being replaced by many halloween places for the new one.... uuuugh....

Feral Nymph

Blood Valkyrie

The game never implied that the reason why Bayonetta was badass because she was sexy. She was badass because she was a centuries old witch who hunts down angels. The sexiness was just a bonus and added to her funny personality.

And I'm sure that's why the trailer was so appealing. Her awesome personality. Not the fetishized nun garb, girl on girl fighting and the in your face BOOBS LEGS a** CROTCH BOOBS LEGS a**.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pessimist
Blood Valkyrie

The game never implied that the reason why Bayonetta was badass because she was sexy. She was badass because she was a centuries old witch who hunts down angels. The sexiness was just a bonus and added to her funny personality.

And I'm sure that's why the trailer was so appealing. Her awesome personality. Not the fetishized nun garb, girl on girl fighting and the in your face BOOBS LEGS a** CROTCH BOOBS LEGS a**.

Once again, sex sells. Yes her sexuality was used to sell games. It also was not her only defining trait. She didn't defeat enemies just by being sexy. She actually put her money where her mouth was. The game doesn't insist, "omg this character is sexy and that's the only reason why this game is cool!" You also get to see her doing awesome kickass stuff. I see no problem with it.

Devoted Genius

8,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Sexualizing women is not sexist. Humans are sexual and that is the reason why we aren't extinct.
There's a difference between being sexual, and being sexualized. I'm not saying it's wrong to be seen as attractive or engage in sexual activities. The point I was trying to make is how women are usually nothing more than something nice to look at in video games, and they usually have no character value whatsoever, except for either being trophies or sidekicks.
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Sexualizing women is not sexist. Humans are sexual and that is the reason why we aren't extinct.
There's a difference between being sexual, and being sexualized. I'm not saying it's wrong to be seen as attractive or engage in sexual activities. The point I was trying to make is how women are usually nothing more than something nice to look at in video games, and they usually have no character value whatsoever, except for either being trophies or sidekicks.
Sorry to tell you this, but the end game is sex for humans. That includes the fact that both men and women are nothing more than objects to look at.

Feral Nymph

God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Sorry to tell you this, but the end game is sex for humans. That includes the fact that both men and women are nothing more than objects to look at.

Yes, that clearly makes it okay to reduce women to objects to look at and masturbate over.

Devoted Genius

8,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Please tell me you're not actually being serious..

Sex isn't the only way to procreate, and we don't need to degrade our partners in order to procreate.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Even if I accepted this as an accurate description of how sex works, how does this justify the objectification of a woman you have no intention of ever procreating with, especially when you can't because she's pixels?

Familiar Poster

The-Real-Youth
Cogitatione
The-Real-Youth

If that many female gamers felt ostracized by overly sexual fantasy characters, there wouldn't be so many dressed up like them at conventions.
*Coughattentionwhorescough*

Anyway, my point is that there's this sort of "boys-club only" feel to gaming. Myself being a gamer, I feel disgusted that a female protagonist has to be sexualized in order to be a hero. Now, I know the reason for this is to give a better visual appeal to the character, but this really only benefits straight males. See where I'm going with the ostracized thing?
Lightning didn't seem sexualized to me. 3nodding
Pessimist
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Yes, that clearly makes it okay to reduce women to objects to look at and masturbate over.

If you don't like it, then become a lesbian.
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth
God Emperor Akhenaton
The-Real-Youth

Please tell me you're not actually being serious..

Sex isn't the only way to procreate, and we don't need to degrade our partners in order to procreate.

You find it degrading because culture condemns sexual females. You can't change nature more than you can stop a lava flow.

Bashful Friend

2,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Durem Dark Elf

10,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
As long as not all the woman have watermelon boobs, I'm perfectly okay with some, or even most of the female characters having larger breasts... Just as long as they have a decent outfit, and their chest isn't constantly shoved in my face. Hell, sometimes it's even funny.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff