Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
logan the god of candy
David2074
logan the god of candy
he weighs jack s**t, so it's not like he's going to gain enough velocity to do much harm.

So then using that logic it's okay to toss puppies and kittens off the roofs of apartment buildings because they weigh even less than young boys.

who said anything about purposely doing dangerous things?

fact: force = mass x acceleration.

cats don't weigh that much and 1 story doesn't exactly allow for a whole lot of velocity. they are also designed to withstand falls from medium heights and are very skilled at landing on their feet. by my logic, making a big deal about a cat jumping down from 10 feet is kind of dumb. by my logic, a 60 pound child falling from 15 feet and landing properly on their feet should cause little in the way of physical damage, if any.

did i just say a few simple things that you still can't comprehend? maybe by my logic, ice cream has bones.

If by that last statement you mean I think some of your logic fails then yes,
But hey, thanks for trying to imply I'm an idiot for not agreeing with your point of view.

Nobody said anything about 1 story or 10-15 feet except you. The kid fell from the third story. A story is typically considered to be about 10 feet counting the space built in between floors. He fell from a third story window not the top of it so he probably fell realistically about 20-25 feet.

Yes, Force = mass x acceleration.
The fallacy in your logic as I see it is your apparent assumption that a child and an adult can withstand the same force of impact. If that was true, then yes, a child falling from a third story window would have less chance of injuring themselves than a full grown adult.

Except that is not true at all. For the same amount of force it is much easier to break kid's bones or damage their organs than an adult. With equal force punch an adult, punch a young child, punch a baby. See which one gets hurt the worst. My comment about the kittens and puppies was tongue in cheek. I was commenting on the fact that smaller creatures usually can't take as much force as a larger animal (including humans). I really wasn't trying to illicit a conversation about what cats are built for and whether they are good at landing on their feet.

And if a young child falling out of a third story window onto rocks doesn't seem like any big deal to you then what that suggests to me is you do not yet have children of your own.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Quote:
"I heard a crash and the next thing I know I just saw a blur," neighbor Pat Roush told KCNC. "It was just red and blue"—the colors of the Superman T-shirt Dylan was wearing.
I think I know why he wasn't hurt - and here I thought that you had to wear the cape to fly! mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff