Omnipresent Warlord

Alexander J Luthor
Ringoringa
Gotta love the death penalty~! And don't you guys go saying, "It's China, wrongful convictions leading to the death penalty NEVER happen in the United States!" because that's so ridiculously wrong that I don't know where to begin. I will agree that China seems far worse, though. No country should have a conviction rate of almost 100%, unless they're just not bringing a lot of cases to trial, which I've heard is the case with Japan. It's statistically improbable that every criminal you bring to court is guilty.

Well, my own personal distaste with such a useless and barbaric means of punishment aside, the equivalent of four thousand dollars seems an impressively miniscule amount of compensation, considering, you know, you sort of murdered an innocent man. Yeah, that's right. Murdered. If we're quantifying the value of human life, I'd say they owe them at LEAST how much it costs to raise a child to adulthood in China, on top of a sizable sum for emotional damages. And while I don't know how much it costs to raise a child in China, I can tell you for a fact that it's more than what they just got. For as distressing as it is how sue-happy America can be sometimes, at least I know for a fact that I could raise SOME kind of ruckus and cost the government some of their precious, precious money by suing.

Some people wonder why we ought to bother overturning the convictions of the dead. After all, the dead don't care. But then, it isn't really for the benefit of the dead. It's to remind people that the system is imperfect, and can make mistakes. Once a person is dead, that's it. They're gone. And, in the United States, at least, you paid more money to kill them than you would have paid just to lock them up for the rest of their lives. Wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to compensate the VICTIM of a false conviction, rather than their parents?

But I digress. Stay classy, China, and stay classy, other countries that still have the death penalty, including my own.

It wouldn't be so expensive if we just used a bullet and had someone smart enough to handle paperwork.

You clearly don't understand how courts work.