Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Negotiations over where a Maine nurse can be allowed to go have failed, Gov. Paul LePage said Thursday, and he's going to "exercise the full extent of his authority" to keep Kaci Hickox away from public places.

The state is now saying it doesn't want to confine Hickox, who recently returned to the United States after treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone with the organization Doctors Without Borders.

They want the nurse -- who has twice tested negative for Ebola and says she feels healthy -- to avoid public places such as stores for 21 days. That's the deadly virus' incubation period. Much of that period in her case is already up; it is set to end the second week in November.

Thursday morning, Hickox caused an uproar when she and her boyfriend, both staying at his home in Fort Kent, headed out for a bike ride. They returned in an hour, and were met by a throng of journalists watching her every move.

The state has made it clear it's going to do something. But what?

Thursday morning around 8:30 a.m. ET, before the bicycle sojourn, one of Hickox's attorneys, Norm Siegel, appeared on CNN.

"The worst thing would be is if she steps out of her house in the next hour and they try to put handcuffs on her," he said.

Ebola update: Maine can't reach deal with nurse Kaci Hickox
Why handcuff her? Why not use non-lethal force if she leaves until quarantine is over and then arrest her?

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Clearly the impossibly selfish coont needs to be shot then. No test is 100% accurate, and 21 days of isolation is a very very tiny price to pay to make sure millions of people are not put at risk. She can take her "rights" and shove them right up her a**.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
OK, now this woman is being a whiny b***h. At first I felt sympathy for her, but now that she's at least being quarantined in what I presume is her own home she has no right to complain. The fact that she can't wait another couple weeks before going out in public again just shows that she's being selfish. There's still a risk of her coming down with Ebola as she's still in the 21-day incubation period for it. If she does actually come down with it, then I hope they make her hospital stay as unpleasant as they can while still making her better.
Honey of the South
OK, now this woman is being a whiny b***h. At first I felt sympathy for her, but now that she's at least being quarantined in what I presume is her own home she has no right to complain. The fact that she can't wait another couple weeks before going out in public again just shows that she's being selfish. There's still a risk of her coming down with Ebola as she's still in the 21-day incubation period for it. If she does actually come down with it, then I hope they make her hospital stay as unpleasant as they can while still making her better.

Returning military troops from those areas are spending 21 days in self imposed quarantine, avoiding family and friends, because they don't want to take unnecessary and foolish risks.
This c**t is special, however.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Honey of the South

Returning military troops from those areas are spending 21 days in self imposed quarantine, avoiding family and friends, because they don't want to take unnecessary and foolish risks.
Oh, she's special alright. Just not the good kind of special.

Feral Nymph

Honey of the South

She went out for a bike ride which didn't put her in contact with anyone else other the media who were practically drooling to get a story. I somehow doubt the media is actually concerned, as they readily stuck microphones in her face at every second they could possibly get.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
But what if she want's to buy a gun?

Second Amendment bitches.

Feral Nymph

Old Blue Collar Joe
Honey of the South

I think the media who spent every second of her bike ride trying to get into her face should also go under quarantine, then.
Pessimist
Old Blue Collar Joe
Honey of the South

I think the media who spent every second of her bike ride trying to get into her face should also go under quarantine, then.

Oh hell yes!! Lets lock the journalists up too.

Feral Nymph

Old Blue Collar Joe
Pessimist
Old Blue Collar Joe
Honey of the South

Indeed. Public panic is the best way to dictate any policy.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Pessimist
Old Blue Collar Joe
Honey of the South

Then the police who arrest them all. Can't have them running loose after being in contact with those people.

And don't forget their families; they could be infected. And the children in the schools their children attend. And the families of those children. Plus all the people who may have at some point come into contact with their families.

In fact let's just nuke the country. I mean it's a severe reaction sure; but ebola is serious business. All rights must be revoked in the face of ebola. Except guns; cause ebola has the right to bear arms.

Quotable Prophet

garyoak99
Negotiations over where a Maine nurse can be allowed to go have failed, Gov. Paul LePage said Thursday, and he's going to "exercise the full extent of his authority" to keep Kaci Hickox away from public places.

The state is now saying it doesn't want to confine Hickox, who recently returned to the United States after treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone with the organization Doctors Without Borders.

They want the nurse -- who has twice tested negative for Ebola and says she feels healthy -- to avoid public places such as stores for 21 days. That's the deadly virus' incubation period. Much of that period in her case is already up; it is set to end the second week in November.

Thursday morning, Hickox caused an uproar when she and her boyfriend, both staying at his home in Fort Kent, headed out for a bike ride. They returned in an hour, and were met by a throng of journalists watching her every move.

The state has made it clear it's going to do something. But what?

Thursday morning around 8:30 a.m. ET, before the bicycle sojourn, one of Hickox's attorneys, Norm Siegel, appeared on CNN.

"The worst thing would be is if she steps out of her house in the next hour and they try to put handcuffs on her," he said.

Ebola update: Maine can't reach deal with nurse Kaci Hickox

No, I think the worst thing would be if she DID have Ebola and caused more people to get the disease because she couldn't be bothered to wait 21 days before going out in public.

Granted, I don't think a simple bike ride is going to get anyone sick, but HONESTLY! 21 days! How is that SO HARD?!

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Honey of the South

I say at this point, don't even treat her if she comes down with it.

She's shown that she's not concerned with the health and welfare of her community, so why should the community have concern with her health and welfare?

Naw, at this point, just lock her into a room until she vomits/shits herself to death, then clean up afterward.

Omnipresent Warlord

So, a woman who has done everything possible to demonstrate that she doesn't have Ebola nor can spread it is getting flak because she doesn't want to quarantine herself for the peace of mind of hysterical people. People upset over her exercising? What do they think she's going to do? Pour sweat into their mouths?

She's on a watchlist, not under any order for quarantine by the way.

And so far in the thread...

One person wants he ARRESTED
One person wants her to suffer pointlessly if she has Ebola and doesn't see the big deal about house arrest.
One person who doesn't know the difference between mandated and self-imposed quarantine and thinks reporters should be quarantined for coming near someone who may potentially have Ebola and, at the point of her bike ride Did not have or the ability to spread Ebola

And one guy who wants to see the nurse murdered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff