Welcome to Gaia! ::

zweet_dreamz
The part about the principal made me laugh.
Specially since the parents are so paranoid that they seem to forget that AFRICA IS A HUGE CONTINENT, not a country.
Hopefully, the teacher will get paid while she's at home, otherwise she should tell the parents who forced her to stay home that they should help pay her bills.

More people have caught the panic than ebola I think. Is the number of people dying from panic (other people's panic hurting them) still rising, or did the bullet proof vests fix that?

Feral Nymph

Mei tsuki7
Pessimist
Holidazed
Woot!!
Free vacation for the teacher.

In the unlikely event that they're getting paid. Otherwise it's 21 days without a paycheck. Have fun paying the bills because stupid people are panicking!

The teachers union says they have to be paid. It's just like the police with their union. Any forced leave, even for an investigation into what may be illegal practices, still must be paid.

Well, that's good news. Then yay for free vacation at the expense of idiot parent taxpayers. But GSK is right, this panic is getting out of control very fast.

Angelic Unicorn

10,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
Shama_okami

anzuuhime

emotion_facepalm is right.

You know, I have a compromised immune system. No white blood cells because of a blood disorder. All my friends are telling me im gonna get ebola and die and im just laughing. Im NOT worried about this. Theres hardly any concern for all this media hysteria and they are just doing this for people to keep watching.

On news websites I was reading the comments in an article about how we should not be in full panic mode and everyone in the comments were saying s**t like " ban black people from the us " and " heres whats gonna totally destroy the worlds population. "

Like really?

The 21 day period for those people who were in contact with duncan is up and everyone in the comments on that story were like " keep them in isolation for 2 months, they will infect the entire country with their disease. " Everyone was happy with them being under for 21 days now they want them under quarantine for 2-3 months because they heard the period of incubation isnt 21 days its like 80 days. I think people need to SHUT UP and let the experts deal with this instead of speculating and reading bs articles on the web.

Like this needs to stop. Seriously its pathetic and ignorant.
Yea, paid vacation for the win, but still, this is getting stupid VERY fast. Not much longer before it's going to get violent. neutral
Pessimist
Holidazed
Woot!!

In the unlikely event that they're getting paid. Otherwise it's 21 days without a paycheck. Have fun paying the bills because stupid people are panicking!

The teachers union says they have to be paid. It's just like the police with their union. Any forced leave, even for an investigation into what may be illegal practices, still must be paid.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
shadowmoon522
Honey of the South
shadowmoon522
the panic is more of an epidemic then the actual disease at this point.
I agree. I'm not too worried since it's not airborne, and my mom's not worried because it's not vector-borne (spread by biting insects like mosquitos). If it were either of those then there'd probably be some cause for worry, but since it isn't then we should just stop freaking out about it.

Why are there so many stupid Americans who make the rest of us look bad?

its not just americans, idiots worldwide are panicking
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29618224
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I stand somewhat corrected, since both instances mentioned in the article you linked to still happened in the Americas.

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Honey of the South
shadowmoon522
I agree. I'm not too worried since it's not airborne, and my mom's not worried because it's not vector-borne (spread by biting insects like mosquitos). If it were either of those then there'd probably be some cause for worry, but since it isn't then we should just stop freaking out about it.

its not just americans, idiots worldwide are panicking
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29618224
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
shadowmoon522

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
The part about the principal made me laugh.
Specially since the parents are so paranoid that they seem to forget that AFRICA IS A HUGE CONTINENT, not a country.
Hopefully, the teacher will get paid while she's at home, otherwise she should tell the parents who forced her to stay home that they should help pay her bills.

Feral Nymph

Holidazed
Woot!!

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Woot!!

Sweetest Kitten

14,075 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
emotion_facepalm

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ebola Panic Reaches New Heights As Maine Teacher Is Put On Leave Because She Visited Dallas
Quote:
An elementary school teacher in Maine has been placed on leave for 21 days, the incubation period of Ebola, after she visited Dallas to attend an educational conference. The teacher did not come into contact with anybody who had tested positive for the virus, but did stay at a hotel “exactly 9.5 miles away from Texas Health Presbyterian,” where Ebola patients have been treated.

The school district attributed its decision to “parents’ concerns,” presumably about the teacher transmitting Ebola to their children. But if the school board’s criteria for leave were applied to everyone, the entire city of Dallas would have to stay home from work. About 5 million people within the United States travel to or through Dallas each month.

Fears about Ebola, often without any medical justification, are impacting people across the country. Middle school students were pulled out of school in Mississippi after the principal visited Zambia, a country about 3,000 miles from the Ebola outbreak in Africa. Michel du Cille, a photographer for the Washington Post, was “disinvited by Syracuse University from participation in a journalism workshop.” The decision was made because he visited Liberia a few weeks ago, despite the fact that he did not develop any symptoms of Ebola in the 21-day maximum incubation period.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff