Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
This sounds like one of those urban legends.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
My dad got hit by a deer while driving. The deer ran into the side of the car and knocked itself out cold. When my dad got out to check on it, another driver pulled over and since the deer wasn't moving, went back to his truck to get his shotgun to put it out of it's misery (it's the south. People drive around with their shotguns.). The minute the guy turns around to come back and shoot it, the deer gets up, staggers, then bounds off into the woods perfectly fine. My dad's car was pretty messed up though.
So when you see a deer or moose crossing sign, keep a watchful eye. You could hit a deer, or they could hit you.

Shy Gaian

Glorious Leader Luna
kitten tea

"If you're going to hit a deer, you're going to hit a deer. It doesn't matter how fast you drive or how slow."
Yeah okay. Do that in your truck not in my car dad.

Trying to avoid hitting animals endangers more lives than not.

In the UK it's a illegal to do so for all but dogs (given the owner is likely right behind it)

Yes, I know. But I'd rather not being doing 70 mph on a curvy windy road in the middle of the woods, and be doing at least 40 mph

Those deer are pretty pesky. My friend hit a deer once when we were driving out in the country due to boredom. There was no obvious damage. My grandmother was driving the same vehicle when the hood came up and smashed the windshield. We later found out that hitting the deer caused damage to the frame of the vehicle.

Dangerous Raider

Sounds like something from another Final Destination movie....

You really do need to be careful if you hit an animal. Wanting to help is human nature, or at least to sooth its pain. But you don't know if they have rabies, or will bite/ kick/ headbutt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff