<3 </3

Doma and Prop 8 are dead!

Yay! 0.8375 83.8% [ 67 ]
Neh! 0.1625 16.2% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Aged Lunatic

Lady Twilight Rahl

Don't like what I have to say please keep it to yourself.

You obviously don't know how this whole debate forum thing works, don't you?

Quote:
It takes alot to make me post and after being called out at work because they know I don't approve of this issue I'm mad. Do what you want but don't shove it in MY face.

You shoved it in ours, sister, by blaming people like me for somehow replicating the fall of Rome.

Quote:
Enough on this. Let it go please.

Sorry, no. You don't get to insult and demean people around here and blame all sorts of hyperbolic s**t on them without response.

Wheezing Gekko

8,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
MexxicanBoss
This is such a crock of s**t. It sickens me that homos have the right to defile this nation with their filth. Our grandparents and the generations before knew value. They would have never stood and watched this happen. This is a unforgivable embarrassment in our nation's history. This generation is blinded by MTV and the retarded pulp culture it instills.
Knew value of legally being able to beat their wife? Just because you don't like how 2 consenting adults get their rocks off behind closed doors doesn't mean you can dictate how they live their lives, because frankly it's none of your business. If you're on this from a religious stand point it says marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman, so if you hate gay's you should also hate polygamist. There is no nation sweeping movement to get them shunned and banned because the marriages are heterosexual.

And if you think being gay is a choice why would anyone choose to be belittled and discriminated against?

Tipsy Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
MexxicanBoss
This is such a crock of s**t. It sickens me that homos have the right to defile this nation with their filth. Our grandparents and the generations before knew value. They would have never stood and watched this happen. This is a unforgivable embarrassment in our nation's history. This generation is blinded by MTV and the retarded pulp culture it instills.

I have several questions for you.

1. If you think being gay is a choice, then when did you choose to be straight? Can you prove it's a choice by choosing to be gay right now, if only for a minute?

2. Do you also oppose interracial marriage? Your grandparents probably did at one point or another, but now it's legal and socially acceptable.

3. What did homosexuals do to "defile this nation"? I thought they only fought for the rights you and me already have.

4. Can you name one reason why homosexuality is wrong? Now, can you name one reason that has nothing to do with religion?

5. How does other peoples' marriages affect you and your life? If it doesn't, then why does this bother you?

6. Do you really think, 50 years from now, that this event will be seen as an embarassment of our nation's history? Was the Civil Rights Movement seen as an embarrassment? Is it any different from the recent Gay Rights Movement?

Also, just so we're clear, I have never once watched MTV, I have never had a Facebook account, I'm not a liberal or a democrat, I am not an Athiest or a Satanist, and my family originates from the South. My views on human rights are my own, formed by my own contemplation of what is right or wrong. I was not taught or "brainwashed". I dare you to answer these questions truthfully and with an open mind. If you don't doubt or question yourself once, then there is no hope for you. All you can do is watch the civilized world leave you in the dust.
ChocolateXCheese

2. Do you also oppose interracial marriage? Your grandparents probably did at one point or another, but now it's legal and socially acceptable.

Um, just chiming in, but interracial marriage still sees some flak. Not that much, but enough to raise an eyebrow. Like in the Cheerios commercial--the company got lots of angry feedback for their depiction of a mixed family. Huffington Post Article About It

But anyways, back on topic--The ruling by the Supreme Court has given gay married couples rights on a federal level, not a state one. Still, this means that out-of-the-closet military will be able to extend benefits to their partners. And also, as I understand it, Prop 8 is on its way to being kicked out completely. Same sex couples should be able to get married in a month or so in Cali again. I'm really REALLY happy about this. I don't feel that DOMA protected anyone--it just discriminated against a group of people unjustly.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
hooray for progress! <3 domokun stargate

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Silvia Crow
It amuses me in a depressing kind of way how people (at least my grandpa on Facebook) are saying that DOMA being overturned is the end of the sanctity of marriage.

So a gay couple that loves each other and wants to spend their life together in a spiritual/legal sense is worse than a straight man divorcing his wife so he can turn around and marry his mistress?

If that's the case, they need to rethink their value system.

and this is why the stupidity of some people will never cease to amaze me. domokun stargate

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff