Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Police have been called in to investigate a curious case after families reported finding porcelain dolls in front of their homes in a gated community in San Clemente, California.

The dolls were found on the porches of eight houses in the Talega development and resemble the young girls who live there, KTLA reports.

"We're examining the dolls in an attempt to identify who may have manufactured [them]," Orange County Sheriff's Department Lt. Jeff Hallock tells PEOPLE. "Are they homemade? Were they purchased at a retailer? Something, some information that will give us the ability to track down who may be responsible for leaving the dolls in front of people's houses."

Hallock says that initially the parents didn't say anything because each thought it was an isolated incident, but once they talked to their neighbors and realized that many of them had received similar dolls, they called the sheriff's department.

He adds that they were particularly concerned because "they felt that the individual porcelain dolls that were left at their house resembled their daughters."

Some of the girls, who are all around the age of 10, go to elementary school together, according to KTLA.

The department released photos of two of the dolls, one wearing a blue dress trimmed with lace and one in a pink dress with white bunny slippers.

"We don't know if it's a prank, we don't know if particular families were specifically motivated or targeted," Hallock tells PEOPLE. "If in fact these dolls were meant to be left at these houses, and the dolls were intended to resemble the young children that live there, there is a concern with that."

Dolls Resembling Young Girls Placed Outside Their Homes in California
That.... is creepy. burning_eyes
Sweet mercy, this is some Criminal Minds level stuff here.

Kawaii Shoujo

This reminds me of that book by Amanda Stevens called The Dollmaker.
I'd get my girls the hell out that neighborhood.

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
clearly the dolls put themselves there so they could infiltrate the home and eventually steal the life force and likeness of their host to take over their life >.>

Heroic Fairy

Oh, that is wrong on so many levels.

Also, looking at those images reminds just why I HATE DOLLS.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...
It turned out to be some woman trying to do something nice. I kind of feel sorry for her. She might not be all together.

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100
Kinda creepy... but on a side note, my dad's friend gave me a doll that looked like me and was wearing a dress similar to the one I wore to work at the Renaissance Festival... I still have the doll. I loved working there and the doll plays one of my favorite melodies, so she thought I would like it.
Wow, honestly I didn't see the "creepy" factor in this. It sounded to me right off the bat like some kind-hearted elderly person was intending to do a special random act of kindness for the children and it looks like my instinct was right.

What the hell has American television done to the minds of the public here??
The Fire Lord Azula
Wow, honestly I didn't see the "creepy" factor in this. It sounded to me right off the bat like some kind-hearted elderly person was intending to do a special random act of kindness for the children and it looks like my instinct was right.

What the hell has American television done to the minds of the public here??

"We think too much and feel too little."
-Charlie Chaplin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas