Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Sailor Tin Nyanko

According to Snopes & wikipedia 9 disneyland deaths were guests. Which appear to be the bulk of them. However that said, only one person who was on the wikipedia page was under the age of 14 and I remember when this happened, was a 4yr old boy who was with his dad at the time. So maybe you are right and this has more to do with the behavior of the under 14's than the safety issues.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Mishi Love
Sailor Tin Nyanko

According to Snopes & wikipedia 9 disneyland deaths were guests. Which appear to be the bulk of them. However that said, only one person who was on the wikipedia page was under the age of 14 and I remember when this happened, was a 4yr old boy who was with his dad at the time. So maybe you are right and this has more to do with the behavior of the under 14's than the safety issues.

I am lazy *doesn't click for now*

I am still a bit shocked they went so many decades before there were any deaths and I will always be shocked there were so few deaths. There are so many Disney locations now. There have been so many people to some Disney or another. It's amazing their death and injury rates are so low. I had more deaths in a single year in my class at a single school. sweatdrop

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Sailor Tin Nyanko
:

I probably am gonna reveal I'm a bit of a disneyfangirl now but one of the reasons Walt Disney built Disneyland was because he hated how unsafe faires were. He wanted to make a giant carnival/faire type thing but make it safe for families. Disneyland rides are really really safe compared to going to some faire that dismantles their rides every two weeks and moves allover the country. If you look at it, most amusement parks are pretty damn safe, they do tons of safety checks on rides, many of them more than once a day. The people who work there take their jobs seriously. Usually a ride malfunction is a freak accident.

Unbeatable Hunter

9,475 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
Eh no big deal for me im 16 smile biggrin

Devout Comrade

17,590 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Bookish Tigress
I would think this was kind of a given but I guess not! rofl
True. When we went we were always with an adult. It seemed like commen sense even then.

Dapper Dabbler

I agree with that rule.
Seems fairly reasonable to me.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
eleventh month v2
Elraine Figarette
eleventh month v2
"I fail to see how that's going to make them more responsible by your logic"
It may, and it may not. Having at least one friend with you is safer than being alone.

Kudos to your father.

So I had a response, but That Scruffy Mule pretty well summed it all up.

GOOD NIGHT CLEVLAAAAAAAAAAND! m/>.<m/

So far the only one who's been able to silence me was The Mule.
Please before making fun of my opinions quote me first.
Goodnight.

Just for the record, Scruffy Mule and I were saying essentially the same things the entire time, and the post that "silenced" you (as you put it) was the post I was referencing earlier. I didn't have to say anything in rebuttal because it had been said already. Aiight? Cool.

Aged Gaian

Elraine Figarette
eleventh month v2
Elraine Figarette
eleventh month v2
"I fail to see how that's going to make them more responsible by your logic"
It may, and it may not. Having at least one friend with you is safer than being alone.

Kudos to your father.

So I had a response, but That Scruffy Mule pretty well summed it all up.

GOOD NIGHT CLEVLAAAAAAAAAAND! m/>.<m/

So far the only one who's been able to silence me was The Mule.
Please before making fun of my opinions quote me first.
Goodnight.

Just for the record, Scruffy Mule and I were saying essentially the same things the entire time, and the post that "silenced" you (as you put it) was the post I was referencing earlier. I didn't have to say anything in rebuttal because it had been said already. Aiight? Cool.

Then perhaps quote me first as I said earlier.
Aiight? wink
Maybe then I would've acknowledged you and your reference.
Why are people getting all butt hurt from someone elses opinion...?
Anyways I think 14 is a fair age.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces