Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
article

Quote:
The raid took place in the pre-dawn hours of June 10th, 2014. At approximately 6:16 a.m., Kari Edwards and her live-in boyfriend were intruded upon by men dressed in full SWAT gear and wielding rifles. After smashing down the couple’s front door, agents tossed concussion grenades and proceeded into the home.

“They busted in like I was a terrorist or something,” said Ms. Edwards.

“[An officer] demanded that I drop the towel I was covering my naked body with,” Ms. Edwards said, “before snatching it off me physically and throwing me to the ground.”

“While I lay naked, I was cuffed so tightly I could not feel my hands. For no reason, at gunpoint,” Edwards said. “[Agents] refused to cover me, no matter how many times I asked.”

Ms. Edwards said her boyfriend told her that an agent holding an assault rifle to her back was gawking at her exposed body. “Eying me up and down like I was eye candy,” she said.

The house was equipped with a surveillance system, which captured video of the agents from a couple different angles. Here is the first angle of the exterior of the property:..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The article goes on to mention that the woman whose house they invaded had once worked for them up till 2006. I wonder if that has anything to do with the raid; payback for some slight or otherwise.

Either way, it's very disturbing. I hope the couple gets the agents' identities and sues them individually in civil court.

Indebted Tycoon

3,450 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Informer 100
  • Bookworm 100
Welcome to the new police nation.

Let the goverment take care of you little sheep....

It'll all be okay

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Well, you know . . . If nobody knows why they did it, then they might've had a really good reason.

I mean, how do we know they aren't terrorists?

And isn't it better to err on the side of caution? I mean, yeah, the SWAT gear and concussion grenades might SEEM like a bit much, but everybody knows America sells machine guns at Walmart with no restrictions whatsoever, so . . . I dunno, I guess this is just the price we pay to be safe, y'know?

Wealthy Hoarder

I'm sorry but when this starts to happen its time to take back our country.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hopefully we can find out the whys and wherefores of this soon. I still think it has to do with her having worked for them in the past.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
This happened on the 10th? There's no new news?
american pigs being american pigs.
nothing new for the 'land of the free'
Srintella Tiagara
I'm sorry but when this starts to happen its time to take back our country.

Ironically, the DHS exists to prevent that, too.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Sheesh,things just get more outta control by the day...
Normally not a great source of info, but the Daily Mail has some more info.

Pretty much every story to date is about the same. It's also interesting how the mainstream media seems to be quite adamant about NOT reporting on this.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
I've been following this story for over a week now and this SWAT "invasion" is every bit as disgusting as the "invasion" where they tossed the flash-bang into the baby's crib.
Absolute bullshit and they need to be held accountable for listening to the local crack head tell them where he or she got their hit just so they can get lighter sentence.
Police obviously don't care if the info's correct as long as they get to break out their new equipment and play tough guys.
For those officers who really do uphold the law on both sides, I tip my hat to you.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
If nothing was found then the usual policy of new for old replacement for everything damaged in the raid will apply.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
If this raid really pertained to kiddy pr0n, wouldn't the pigs have seized their computers?

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Scarred Sword Heart
If this raid really pertained to kiddy pr0n, wouldn't the pigs have seized their computers?

Yes. There have even been cases where roommates of people under investigation have had their equipment confiscated. PCs, external hardrives, next gen game consoles, etc.
I find it funny how folks of a certain political persuasion cried foul about how this sort of thing was going to happen when the Patriot act was first enacted and DHS was first established, but are now blissfully and quietly supportive of it.

"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces