Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Reveler

Source

We can't stop here, it's elephant country!

Earlier today, NBC reported that Samuel Phipps, 31, told Delaware State Police that he wrecked his vehicle because he had swerved to avoid an elephant. Phipps veered off the road and crashed his red Land Rover into the left guardrail near northbound State Route 141 around 9 p.m. on Friday night.

The state trooper who was dispatched to the scene of the accident immediately noted that Phipps appeared intoxicated. When questioned, Phipps claimed that he had seen an elephant running across the road, directly in his path. He also allegedly admitted to having smoked PCP-laced marijuana prior to driving.

Phipps has a history of driving while impaired. If (read: when) convicted this incident will mark his 7th DUI. He was also charged with failure to have insurance. Currently he is being held in the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution on a $21,000 bond.

Mega Noob

He still didn't hurt anyone? It's not too late to rehabilitate him, you know.

Fashionable Hunter

Damn eler-fants always stomping on ma road and rammin' me inta railin's!

Giant ******** prolly wanted ma beer too.

Vicious Reveler

Heimdalr
He still didn't hurt anyone? It's not too late to rehabilitate him, you know.

Sometimes I wish they would just teach people to use drugs responsibily instead of teaching them to abstain... The actual problem here is that he was driving.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Yeaah that is a pretty lame excuse for why you had an accident. Unless it was one of those Pink elephants from the dumbo movie . He needs his license taken away since he apparently can’t stop drinking and driving.

Kawaii Shoujo

kakteed
Damn eler-fants always stomping on ma road and rammin' me inta railin's!

Giant ******** prolly wanted ma beer too.
rofl rofl rofl

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Beer?

Quote:
He also allegedly admitted to having smoked PCP-laced marijuana prior to driving.

Now, this is why we still are having trouble getting marijuana legalized for medical use.

Also, this guy really should lose his driver's license and never be allowed to drive again til he gets himself under control.

Vicious Reveler

Lord Elwrind
Beer?

Quote:
He also allegedly admitted to having smoked PCP-laced marijuana prior to driving.

Now, this is why we still are having trouble getting marijuana legalized for medical use.

Also, this guy really should lose his driver's license and never be allowed to drive again til he gets himself under control.

Agreed on both counts, although this guy clearly has no respect for authority and would probably just drive again and get an additional charge.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
You know I grew up with the stereotype classic image of the drunk guy in cartoons and such seeing the pink elephant but I think this is the first time I've ever seen a for real story about a guy hallucinating an elephant.

And what is with these news stories about people with their 7th or 9th DUI?
Why are people like this still allowed on the road?
I can understand (though not condone) somebody getting a single DUI, especially if they were barely over limit or some such. Not right but trying to leave room to give someone the benefit of the doubt. But at the very least after two or three offenses they should lose their driving privileges for a few years so they can get it in their heads it is a privilege not a right and they should appreciate it and respect the safety of others. And really, if this is your 7th or 9th DUI you were actually caught at I'm guessing your life is pretty messed up when you are not behind the wheel as well.

Dapper Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Vicious Reveler

David2074
You know I grew up with the stereotype classic image of the drunk guy in cartoons and such seeing the pink elephant but I think this is the first time I've ever seen a for real story about a guy hallucinating an elephant.

And what is with these news stories about people with their 7th or 9th DUI?
Why are people like this still allowed on the road?
I can understand (though not condone) somebody getting a single DUI, especially if they were barely over limit or some such. Not right but trying to leave room to give someone the benefit of the doubt. But at the very least after two or three offenses they should lose their driving privileges for a few years so they can get it in their heads it is a privilege not a right and they should appreciate it and respect the safety of others. And really, if this is your 7th or 9th DUI you were actually caught at I'm guessing your life is pretty messed up when you are not behind the wheel as well.

Like I said earlier, people like this generally don't care if they are liscened or not

Blessed Exhibitionist

10,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
This excuse would work in Africa....I guess. Delaware? Nah man, that dog don't hunt. lol

Greedy Consumer

This
but elephants.

Original Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
We Are Organisms
This
but elephants.
rofl

Tipsy Dabbler

heart The Fear and Loathing reference in the article's first line.

also....what a dumbass! I mean, I like drugs, and I've driven stoned before, but never while I was ********' tripping!

I think people like him just need to be followed and yelled at everytime they try to do something that's gonna threaten someone else's life. I know... its not really feasible with government funding and what not, but goddamn it, nothing effective is really in the budget!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff