Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
A woman and her two young daughters found dead in her stifling car in a middle school parking lot died from accidental heatstroke, the Maryland medical examiner's office said Tuesday.

The formal cause of death was hyperthermia and environmental heat exposure, spokesman Bruce Goldfarb said.

Allison Keyonda Pluck, also known as Allison Lancaster, 32, was found dead in her silver Nissan sedan June 16 along with the bodies of Shania Gill, 18 months, and Shameka Gill, 6 months. The mother was reclined in the driver's seat and the girls were strapped in their child seats with the windows closed, the ignition off and the doors unlocked, police said.

Hagerstown Police spokesman Capt. Paul Kifer said Tuesday he was unaware of the medical examiner's findings.

Police have found no connection between the family and the school.

Police said in June that an employee of Western Heights Middle School, leaving on the last day for teachers before summer break, spotted the bodies in the late afternoon. The outdoor temperature peaked near 90 degrees that day.

Surveillance video at a local Wal-Mart showed Pluck buying a DVD player at about 6 a.m. that day.

School surveillance video showed the car arriving at the school at 6:16 a.m., then driving around the back of the building and parking in an employee lot, where it remained until the bodies were found around 4:30 p.m.

The children's father lives in Hagerstown but didn't live with the mother and was never married to her, police have said.

Police say Pluck had recently moved from West Virginia to Hagerstown, about 70 miles west of Baltimore.

Heat

Wintry Dragon

Peculiar. How fast does the temperature in a car rise in that particular situation? Did the mother lose consciousness in short order so she was unable to free her children or drive off from that location? Is it a case of the frog getting cooked because it didn't realize the subtle increases in temperature?

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
It says the seat was reclined, so she was likely taking a short nap, not knowing the dangers of a car in summer, especially with the windows rolled up. That or it was suicide and she wanted to take her kids with her.

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
xXFurygeistXx
It says the seat was reclined, so she was likely taking a short nap, not knowing the dangers of a car in summer, especially with the windows rolled up. That or it was suicide and she wanted to take her kids with her.
If it was suidice she could of been thinking A)No one Want my kids. B) Baby Daddy(or unliked relatives isn't getting my Kids. C) No family to help and Knowing how shitty the system can be best to kill them too. I wonder if we'll ever know.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PantheaMarlon
xXFurygeistXx
If it was suidice she could of been thinking A)No one Want my kids. B) Baby Daddy(or unliked relatives isn't getting my Kids. C) No family to help and Knowing how shitty the system can be best to kill them too. I wonder if we'll ever know.

I didn't see mention of a tox report but without some sort of chemical aid it seems unlikely a person would intentionally suicide in that way. It would be long and very uncomfortable and the person would likely back out or find another means.

If she was not on some sort of chemicals or didn't have a medical condition it is possible she just was tired and not feeling well and passed out after she parked. In the navy I sometimes slept in my van during one period when my ship was being worked on in the shipyward and was very noisy. Also other times when I was camping and such. My experience is when it got too hot that in itself would cause me to wake up and open windows. On the other hand, if she had some sort of medical thing going on it is possible she thought if she just napped there for a bit she would be okay. It's hard for me to believe this was intentional suicide if she didn't dope herself up with something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff