Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zorc James's Wife

Aged Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
On Tuesday FiveThirtyEight released the results of a poll of Americans' opinions on the "Star Wars" universe. Not surprisingly, Jar Jar Binks is the most reviled character in the series. As Walt Hickey notes, the Gungan from Naboo posted lower favorability numbers than Emperor Palpatine, "the actual personification of evil in the galaxy."

On the other hand, with a net favorability of -8, Jar Jar is considerably more popular than the U.S. Congress, which currently enjoys a net favorability rating of -65. In fact, the last time congressional net favorability was above that was February 2005. Incidentally this was just before the release date of "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith," which marked Jar Jar's last appearance on the big screen.

But picking on Congress' unpopularity is a bit like beating a dead tauntaun. After all, the legislative branch has been less popular than lice, brussels sprouts and Nickelback for some time now. What if we compared the favorability of 2016 presidential hopefuls and other political leaders with that of "Star Wars" characters?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hillary Clinton currently has the highest net favorability of any 2016 White House contender. But to put her 19 percent favorable rating in context, she's tied with Boba Fett, the bounty hunter who froze Harrison Ford in carbonite.

None of the 2016 hopefuls is polling higher than Darth Vader. You'll recall that Vader chopped off his son's arm and blew up an entire planet, but evidently in the eyes of the American public these are minor sins compared to Benghazi, Bridgegate and Gov. Rick Perry's hipster glasses. These numbers suggest that if "Star Wars" were real and Darth Vader decided to enter the 2016 presidential race, he'd be the immediate front-runner.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/07/23/darth-vader-is-polling-higher-than-all-potential-2016-presidential-candidates/

Heroic Fairy

#SoloSkywalker2016

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Wow, that's sad lol. One thing they got incorrect though, Vader didn't 'chop off his son's arm' just his hand.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This is how we know there is hope for our country. The only reason these people are in office is because the people we want don't exist.
James earl jones<------obama blaugh

Wealthy Hoarder

Hmm..I wish someone would tally up Megatron and other Decepticons along with the Autobots. Just to see how that would come out.

Yet...if I had a choice I would pick Vader. At lest the country would be better off. o_o

Zorc James's Wife

Aged Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
My vote goes to Darth Vadar. blaugh

Wintry Dragon

Voting for Yoda.
A hoot, this inaugural speech is.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Vader's downright sane compared to the real people on this list IMO.

Evolved Hunter

Srintella Tiagara
Hmm..I wish someone would tally up Megatron and other Decepticons along with the Autobots. Just to see how that would come out.

Yet...if I had a choice I would pick Vader. At lest the country would be better off. o_o

All hail lord Starscream, but a Megatron is fine too.

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I don't understand, everyone knows that while Vader has name recognition...only Palpatine (or possibly Tarkin) has real executive governing experience.

o.O;

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ebola polled higher than all potential 2016 candidates.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't take this sort of thing seriously but I do feel a bit sorry for anyone who scores lower than Jar Jar Binks. smile

Greedy Consumer

FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Nice avi
Ask Jappleack
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
Nice avi

Why thank you miss lolz heart you too, i like yours too, and your sig to go with it is awesome! Lol emotion_hug

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff