Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Wench

Tsuki_Kirkland
I saw the video where they were playing the hacked game, I thought it was nice of him Its good that he’s trying to teach her that girls can be the hero too.

I personally don't think that he had an agenda. He's said before "My daughter wanted it, I could give her that , I did." If anything SHE taught HIM that girls could be the hero.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
what.the.hell people!!! the little girl just wanted to play as the female because it looked more fun. female lead characters are very few as it is...i like halo and fallout as much as any other gaming girl..but some of you are right, if there were more female lead games then the gaming business would be doing better..yes, there are the games like, dragon age, skyrim, fallout, soul caliber, stuff like that, but sometimes i dont want to play blood and gore as a chick....atleast in the spartan games you can customize a spartan as male or female, but i noticed that if youre a girl, without others friends on at the same time and place, men will gang up and kill you faster....i love halo, halo 4 was absolutely amazing..i cried at the end, but so did my boyfriend.....lol...i would just like to say, in the end, i wouldnt say im a feminist but, i woman can wear full plate armour and still kick your a**....the barely clothed giving better health and other stats is bull....just saying a couple things could be fixed to make me buy more games....

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
It's Donkey Kong, not a political influence for his daughter. Besides, dad's the last person those 'anti-fems' should gang up on. Parents may teach their kids to follow in their own footsteps, but the teachers preach 'You can be president!'.

Who are we to tell a 3-year old she can't be a virtual heroine(as someone else!), if she's certain to fail at obtaining presidency? Gotta give the girl something to aspire to. He had the ability to hack a game. She's happy. End of story. Today, she saves Mario, and much later in life, the lives of countless Marines as an active soldier on the battlefield.

Interesting Lunatic

A parent wanted to make their kid happy, they did. Internet flips s**t because "OHNOES OVARIES IN MY VIDEO GAMES INSTEAD OF IN MY KITCHEN!!!"
Stay classy, gamerguys.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
OtakuJeannie
Aww, that dad is awsome! I don't see what's wrong with some female charaters who are important and not nessicarily just eye-candy. Sorry if this treads on some sacred man-cave territory but businesses should seek to broaden their revenue streams and letting girls had a full place at the gaming table would do game companies a lot of good
I'm with you on that. Maybe in some games we could pick our gender when it's not an RPG. And maybe also not show women as a damsel in distress all the time. Can't we have a heroic female that's slight in build and not in a dress?! And that includes her having small boobs!!!!!!!

Dapper Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
i love this a lot, i'm not a huge donkey kong fan but i love what this dad did

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
What a nice gift for his daughter. Some of the comments on that story were just unnecessary

Invisible Friend

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
That is one awesome dad! emotion_kirakira

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I find this cute. But the music is driving me nuts.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Tsuki_Kirkland
I saw the video where they were playing the hacked game, I thought it was nice of him Its good that he’s trying to teach her that girls can be the hero too.

I personally don't think that he had an agenda. He's said before "My daughter wanted it, I could give her that , I did." If anything SHE taught HIM that girls could be the hero.

well then good for her

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I'm,... trying,.. to think how to word this easily,... but I can't.

There are things purposely made for the purpose of having these games in refurbished or new Arcade Machine Boxes.

You can make your own games with these programs ( I have before, I made a Sailor Moon game that was popular).

If you use something copyrighted, you can pay to use it. The fee used to be like 12 dollars for the first machine and 5 dollar for each additional machine. The agreements and prices could be structured around if it would be a machine placed in public where people would pay to play or if it would be free to play or some other set ups ( different pricing for different types).

With these programs and with these fees you could either alter/mod a game for free that will be free for personal use only or pay an additional fee if others will be playing it and that would be structured into some of the other fees depending on the set ups.

Since this machine is for home use only and he is not passing around the game or charging people to play his machine and it's not located in a public place... he doesn't have to pay anything. No issues. There is exception if this game is now split between many companies and available on consoles or special stand alone units though. It gets confusing but he should be fine, though they might ask he pay 3-40 dollars once depending on junk. Some games were like.. you only had to pay a dollar to have permission to use them in coin operated machiens in public for a year or six months or some set up like that.

Hilarious Pup

3,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Really? Why the negative comments? She asked to save Mario as a birthday wish, and he gave her that. Why must you think he has any agenda other than to give his daughter a nice birthday present?
I thought it was a cute present. yum_puddi
Then again, some people would think I'm furthering my own agenda by saying that. emotion_eyebrow

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Nutty_ The Squirrell
Really? Why the negative comments? She asked to save Mario as a birthday wish, and he gave her that. Why must you think he has any agenda other than to give his daughter a nice birthday present?
I thought it was a cute present. yum_puddi
Then again, some people would think I'm furthering my own agenda by saying that. emotion_eyebrow

Everyone has an agenda of some kind. ******** the haters as long as you're not hurting anyone.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
OtakuJeannie
Aww, that dad is awsome! I don't see what's wrong with some female charaters who are important and not nessicarily just eye-candy. Sorry if this treads on some sacred man-cave territory but businesses should seek to broaden their revenue streams and letting girls had a full place at the gaming table would do game companies a lot of good

I hardly think that the term "eye candy" applies to a game released in the early 80's.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
fairy-phoenix
I gotta say he's a great candidate to win the title of Father of the Year award.

you seem to have very low standards

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces