Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

-Calls ‘Terrorist’ Police ‘Descendants Of The KKK’
Defund
Quote:
WXIA reports:

ATLANTA (WXIA) — By its nature police work is dangerous business. And police say the atmosphere has gotten downright ugly since the killings, by police, of young African American men in Ferguson Missouri and New York City. Det. Ken Allen says good cops now feel targeted. “And I think what that has done is taken away from the men and women who are heroes every day that come out to protect our citizens,” said Allen, who is also president of IBPO Local 623.

But “hero” is not the word used by the folks behind an Atlanta based group called the coalition to combat police terrorism. “They’re the descendants of the Ku Klux Klan,” said Dhoruba bin-Wahad, a former leader of the Black Panther party, at a news conference Monday. “They’re the descendants of the militias that used to go hunt slaves and run them down. That’s how they police our community.”

Former congresswoman Cynthia McKinney is one of the group’s leaders. She bristled when we asked her if the group had a responsibility to show restraint —in light of the ambush killings of two New York city policemen.

“It’s not against police officers in general,” said McKinney, who once ran for president with the Green Party. “But it certainly is against those who use excessive force, who use the opportunity that they have to protect the community to terrorize the community.”

McKinney’s father, the late state Rep. Billy McKinney, was one of Atlanta’s first post-integration African American police officers.

Det. Allen says police deserve scrutiny but not condemnation. Both he and McKinney say they want a public dialogue to ease the tension.

Sugary Cat

This is as wrong as the people chanting white power imo. The police should undertake action.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ok, so . . . I've been hearing this claim for awhile now, that the police are descended from the runaway slave patrols, but aside from showing some pictures of badges to show some similarities ( and the badges themselves are shaky evidence at best, considering that it could show that the police descended from those patrols, or it could also be evidence that the slave patrols were descended from police units of the day ), I've yet to see any proof.

I do wish someone would source this claim.

Conservative Regular

Keltoi Samurai
Ok, so . . . I've been hearing this claim for awhile now, that the police are descended from the runaway slave patrols, but aside from showing some pictures of badges to show some similarities ( and the badges themselves are shaky evidence at best, considering that it could show that the police descended from those patrols, or it could also be evidence that the slave patrols were descended from police units of the day ), I've yet to see any proof.

I would call bullshit on it if only bounty hunting and Policing don't really mix.

You can't really Police if you chasing runaway slaves all day for cash

and the need for Policing is a tad bit more important and older than the need to chase slaves

Sugary Girl

i'm here for this tbh

Tipsy Smoker

Nothing abt this is new. Maybe to white people, I guess
X_Torric_X
-Calls ‘Terrorist’ Police ‘Descendants Of The KKK’
Defund
Quote:
WXIA reports:

ATLANTA (WXIA) — By its nature police work is dangerous business. And police say the atmosphere has gotten downright ugly since the killings, by police, of young African American men in Ferguson Missouri and New York City. Det. Ken Allen says good cops now feel targeted. “And I think what that has done is taken away from the men and women who are heroes every day that come out to protect our citizens,” said Allen, who is also president of IBPO Local 623.

But “hero” is not the word used by the folks behind an Atlanta based group called the coalition to combat police terrorism. “They’re the descendants of the Ku Klux Klan,” said Dhoruba bin-Wahad, a former leader of the Black Panther party, at a news conference Monday. “They’re the descendants of the militias that used to go hunt slaves and run them down. That’s how they police our community.”

Former congresswoman Cynthia McKinney is one of the group’s leaders. She bristled when we asked her if the group had a responsibility to show restraint —in light of the ambush killings of two New York city policemen.

“It’s not against police officers in general,” said McKinney, who once ran for president with the Green Party. “But it certainly is against those who use excessive force, who use the opportunity that they have to protect the community to terrorize the community.”

McKinney’s father, the late state Rep. Billy McKinney, was one of Atlanta’s first post-integration African American police officers.

Det. Allen says police deserve scrutiny but not condemnation. Both he and McKinney say they want a public dialogue to ease the tension.

They actually are descendents of those who chased and harried those brave resilient bastards who just wanted to be free. You can still find an old Sherriff's Star with the words "runaway slave patrol" on it if you look.
Keltoi Samurai

Burn 'em all and let God sort it out.
Texadar
Keltoi Samurai

I would call bullshit on it if only bounty hunting and Policing don't really mix.

You can't really Police if you chasing runaway slaves all day for cash

and the need for Policing is a tad bit more important and older than the need to chase slaves

nope. America used to be a frontier nation so people took care of their own business
you had a problem with somebody?
you handled it
MiameMiame
This is as wrong as the people chanting white power imo. The police should undertake action.

******** you, white people don't have any problems!!

Sugary Cat

far_river_arms_section_vi
MiameMiame

Well okay, that's your opinion.
MiameMiame
far_river_arms_section_vi
MiameMiame

Well okay, that's your opinion.

I would know, okay.

Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
It would seem to me that since McKinney's father was a cop, then she herself must also be a descendant of the KKK.
Predictable. Racist vultures always circle when this sort of thing goes down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff