Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Creation Science (Creationism) should be in Texas (or any other state) public schools?

No 0.76 76.0% [ 76 ]
Yes 0.13 13.0% [ 13 ]
Neutral 0.11 11.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
SparkyKid3000
xdivision_whitey
How about this, teach both. I went to a school where both were taught in about a week or two time. Then we went onto other subjects.

Absolutely not. Creationism is not science and has no evidence for it.
the other one is a theory so who right and who's wrong. Also Many of those Evolution studies we were taught in school were frauds. The Miller test actually pre pinned to the wrong part of the tree.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xdivision_whitey
How about this, teach both. I went to a school where both were taught in about a week or two time. Then we went onto other subjects.
Yes..... Let's force religious belief on everyone's children whether they want it forced upon them or not...... /sarcasm

I know, that if this becomes a thing, I would absolutely 100% refuse to allow my child to even attend a Biology class in Texas. Let me go a step further. I'd allow my child to attend, but the first day of class when This bullshit, crackpot Creationism comes up, I'm suing the school for every dime it's worth for breaking the 1st Amendment. Once the school is sued, I then turn to sue the state. After that, I'll go after every goddamned, piece of s**t politician who supported this.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
xdivision_whitey

the other one is a theory so who right and who's wrong. Also Many of those Evolution studies we were taught in school were frauds. The Miller test actually pre pinned to the wrong part of the tree.
Scientific theory and layman's theory are not the same thing. Gravity is a theory. Do you not believe in that?

Understand that a Scientific Theory is something that can be observed, shown, and tested. It is comparable to a layman's fact.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
xdivision_whitey

So what if evolution is a theory? In the realm of science, the term "theory" is used to describe naturally occurring events. You are defining "theory" as some sort of guess. Again, evolution has evidence on its side, and creationism does not. It's very simple. What is this Miller test you're talking about? When I tried searching for it I got something completely unrelated to evolution so please cite some kind of source if you can. Have you ever looked into the details of evolution research on your own?

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
SparkyKid3000
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
xdivision_whitey

So what if evolution is a theory? In the realm of science, the term "theory" is used to describe naturally occurring events. You are defining "theory" as some sort of guess. Again, evolution has evidence on its side, and creationism does not. It's very simple. What is this Miller test you're talking about? When I tried searching for it I got something completely unrelated to evolution so please cite some kind of source if you can. Have you ever looked into the details of evolution research on your own?
Correction: It's the peppered moth test.

test

Greedy Consumer

xXFurygeistXx
Apparently, you can teach stupid. stare
thats wh there still are people like this, trying to teach even more stupid lol

Aged Lunatic

xdivision_whitey
How about this, teach both. .

Sweet! Then I'll petetion that we teach both Chemistry and Taoist alchemy in the same class too! Why should only Christianity get the privledge of being taught as a science?

Aged Lunatic

xdivision_whitey

the other one is a theory so who right and who's wrong.

User Image

Someone please...PLEASE teach this boy the difference between a THEORY and a HYPOTHESIS?!

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Yep,so glad to be out of school and to not have no kids of my own....

This stuff is getting outta hand.o.o;
xdivision_whitey
SparkyKid3000
xdivision_whitey

You clearly don't know what theory means when used in a scientific context. Allow me to help.

Theory: a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

You'll note that it is much more than a guess.
This is like watching Japan censor/edit their history textbooks to pretty much wipe out any negative outlook of Japan's participation in historical war atrocities like the Rape of Nanking.
*popcorn*
GunsmithKitten
xdivision_whitey

the other one is a theory so who right and who's wrong.

User Image

Someone please...PLEASE teach this boy the difference between a THEORY and a HYPOTHESIS?!

I don't think he was taught the difference. I mean, most college educated people know that multiple hypotheses work to support a theory. I would chalk it up to the terrible public education system in the US that people don't know these things.

There are some people who think we evolved from Neanderthals, and they don't even know that Neanderthals were an entirely different species from humans.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
This is how Sam feels about this:
User Image

Sh*t like this is why we fail in education compared to every other country. America's the only country that still has schools that teach creationism (I think). And it's stupid.

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Honey of the South
This is how Sam feels about this:
User Image

Sh*t like this is why we fail in education compared to every other country. America's the only country that still has schools that teach creationism (I think). And it's stupid.

It is more along the lines of the radical Christians who think we "need more God" in our schools.

It is up to the parents, NOT the government, whether or not they want their children to be introduced to Christianity.

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
Can we water down Creationism as well? That seems like a class that should be optional, and not part of the requirements to graduate. Religion is was always akin to Psychology for me; You can't go wrong until someone sees the problems in your theory where personal beliefs are concerned. Atheists are good at that job.

Religious beginnings don't all start the same way; unless they plan to go into Buddism and every other religion, it doesn't belong as a mandated class. Some include aliens, others include gods, and a great many involve the supernatural. You can't fail a class like creationism..in the words of a great many slacker students, it's an instant A. That doesn't seem right to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff